FANDOM

• I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but apparently I cannot post this question on the wiki concerned. Is there a reason why everything on the lyrics wiki is locked, including my profile page? I think it’s weird that all of the pages there are locked. However, I find it rather offensive that my profile page on there locked. I never asked for my profile on that wiki to be locked. I’m not vandal or spammer.

Loading editor
    • Everything is locked. There’s an explanation on the wiki, check the main page, forums and/or Community Corner.

Loading editor
    • That was a rather robotic response. Anyway, I guess I can now see why it was locked. Misogyny and racism is not cool. However, IMO, it may be best if you just trash that wiki if people are no longer welcome to edit it.

Loading editor
    • It is still a valuable *resource* for visitors seeking lyrics. Which is why the decision was made to only lock it entirely rather than close it.

Loading editor
    • It’s not robotic, I’m on mobile so I can’t check for the proper page and include a link for you.

The content that’s still there is still valid. The lock was a last resort because severe ToU breaking stuff was re added even after Staff deleted it. I’m not sure if the deletion logs are public, but the stuff in there is not normal.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, the deletion log there is still public. I noticed a huge amount of white supremacy related stuff was deleted in May. I checked the last 500 recent deletions, and wow... just... wow. I can totally see why that wiki is locked now. It’s a shame that it had to come to that. One jerk (I assume that was all one person) had so much power over that wiki that they managed to ruin it for those who would like to edit it in good faith.

PS: Tupka, I’m sorry for the robotic comment.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.