FANDOM

• I would like to know how does wiki managers work, how do a wiki receive one and how to become one ? I am curious since my wikis like Brothers in Arms Wiki and Alpha Protocol Wiki don't have one. Looking at the role of wiki managers, I think I might fit the role as I occaisionaly made reforms to neglected wiki.

Loading editor
    • You can contact Fandom staff for that, as they are the ones who assign and promote WMs.

Loading editor
    • I’ll add that they generally recruit from users they already know. Since Wiki Manager is a part time, paid position, they’re not likely to accept self nominations.

Loading editor
    • Of course, it is not like you can go to school as adult and quickly proclaim you are the teacher of the school you just barge in. Of course becoming a role like Wiki Manager need to ask the staff like having a job interview (or writing a personal statements which I still haven't done it. 

Loading editor
    • Also, WMs are assigned more than a single wiki. I'm not exactly certain but I believe it's in the area of 30-50 per WM.

Still, contact Fandom Staff to get your name in the hat and on file. Never know, eh?

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.