FANDOM

• Does anyone know if it is possible to restore a previous file version as its own separate file without downloading and reuploading it? I ask because I know I have at least a few image like this one where it used to be a completely different image and the file link still exists in the previous locations even though the new image isn't meant to be used there.

Loading editor
    • Highly unlikely... what you're basically asking is re-associating a new file page with an existing old rev of an image. That would cause a DB nightmare.

The real problem is that file upload basically needs to think it is uploading from a drive volume location and not a web URL or online location.

I use a cloud browser that has cloud storage that fools file upload into thinking the cloud storage is a drive volume, but I get to use it for free because it is my company's product, otherwise it is $10 per month or so. There used to be a free trial, but it got abused so much the company pulled access to it.

Loading editor
    • I see. Thanks for the reply.

By the way, let me see if I am getting this correct. You are using some application on your computer to connect to a cloud service to use a web browser?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

By the way, let me see if I am getting this correct. You are using some application on your computer to connect to a cloud service to use a web browser?

Yes... Google search "Authentic8 Silo". You can actually use it inside another browser, but it isn't the optimum use case for now.

You can also search for "Authentic8 Cloud Secure Storage" if you want to see a video about the cloud storage feature.

Loading editor
    • I see. The one question I still have about these things is this: How do admins/VSTF/staff deal with vandals using such services?

Loading editor
    • Huh what? You're probably thinking about an non-default feature that allows tailored egress obfuscation or other ways to avoid identification. The base cloud browser itself wouldn't help vandals that much.

Loading editor
    • Okay, so your IP address remains the same then?

Loading editor
    • Not exactly, but it stays within a known range based on the data center that is usually closest to where you ISP says is your location.

If you're an anon, FANDOM doesn't have lots of options anyway, especially if you use a VPN. The cloud browser doesn't help you if you're a registered user.

Loading editor
    • Ah okay. So in terms of IP blocks, it is more or less like a VPN.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.