FANDOM


  • Hi.

    I see some users are disillusioned at some of the measures Fandom is taking, don't you have a corner that can respond to any complaints?

      Loading editor
    • The appropriate method of discussion would depend on the specifics of the case. There is not catch-all complaint section on this wiki but most complaints either fit somewhere or are best sent directly to staff. For those few that don't (ex. pure venting), there are always blogs.

        Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: The appropriate method of discussion would depend on the specifics of the case. There is not catch-all complaint section on this wiki but most complaints either fit somewhere or are best sent directly to staff. For those few that don't (ex. pure venting), there are always blogs.

      Yep, pretty much this. I don't see why you couldn't use blogs to vent, but as noted, and complaints or queries should go directly to staff.

        Loading editor
    • Labrain13 wrote:

      ...don't you have a corner that can respond to any complaints?

      Who is "you"? FANDOM staff still don't read these forums. The only mod I've seen around is Mendes2 (just a local CC admin and not staff) and they are only around occasionally.

        Loading editor
    • Ah man! You fixed it before I could throw your own words back at you.

        Loading editor
    • Basically as #2 said complaints go to Special:Contact. Me and Love Robin are also active on forums as admins, Noreplyz is on break currently but will get back to it once he is available again, and the others have been asked to be active on forums but haven't seen much from them either. On other wikis, you could also potentially go to a wiki manager (who would probably say to use Special:Contact but it's worth a try). For new features, you could comment on the respective blogs when they get created, staff tends to reply to those.

        Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

      Ah man! You fixed it before I could throw your own words back at you.

      Mendes2 was a mod previously, but got promoted apparently. I didn't know Love Robin was a CC local admin. Unlike Discussions, there is no indicator on their avatars.

        Loading editor
    • By "you", I meant the staff.

        Loading editor
    • Then, as explained, staff probably won't read it.

      If you want to ask something to staff, use Special:Contact. Which is also the closest thing Fandom has to a corner to complain.

        Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:

      Andrewds1021 wrote:

      Ah man! You fixed it before I could throw your own words back at you.

      Mendes2 was a mod previously, but got promoted apparently. I didn't know Love Robin was a CC local admin. Unlike Discussions, there is no indicator on their avatars.

      Both recent it would seem. Love Robin was just earlier this month. Mendes2 was last month.

        Loading editor
    • Yep. I don't think Fandom will continue to update Forums, so I don't think they will add the badges in their profiles.

        Loading editor
    • It wouldn't be something drastic to just add (admin) after a username in forums. I know wikis that do that.

        Loading editor
    • But it's not like it's a "top priority" issue.

        Loading editor
    • Well Mendes2 or Love Robin could look into implementing some JS to do it if they were so motivated.

      But, back on topic, the local CC admins who visit Forums are not FANDOM staff.

        Loading editor
    • Just a quick comment on in-Forum identification. It can be done using CSS.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, that is true, but I am just saying it isn't something we need to worry about. If the Admins want to implement it, fine by me. Sorry for going so far off-topic.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: Then, as explained, staff probably won't read it.

      If you want to ask something to staff, use Special:Contact. Which is also the closest thing Fandom has to a corner to complain.

      Oh, okay...

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.