FANDOM

• Are you allowed to make a Wiki about a club, group or society you have created that no one knows about?

Loading editor
    • Sure. Narrow-niche wikis, such as, for example, Our Neighborhood Stickball League is acceptable so long as it also follows the Community Creation Policy. Especially the part about Public Editing.

Mainly, you want to avoid For Profit Businesses to minimize being seen as a source of spam.

Loading editor
    • I hope you don't mind me asking but I just want to know, are kudos another word for likes in Fandom? And is there any way to stop people for editing your Wiki so all the information on the Wiki isn't changed?

Loading editor
    • Yes, kudos are upvotes.

You're not allowed to block access - viewing or editing - to your wiki. See aforementioned Community Creation Policy.

Loading editor
    • MagicalStars9AJ wrote: is there any way to stop people for editing your Wiki so all the information on the Wiki isn't changed?

This is where it gets tricky and you start veering toward Private Wiki, which FANDOM does not allow. However, you *can* attempt to establish in your Rules that somethings are established fact. Using my Stickball League example, Player Game Stats for a particular date and game are a matter of record. Therefore someone should not edit them without proper proof they are indeed *correcting* that stat, and not just wish-fullfillment for "my darling baby, the should-be MVP".

Approvals for such detail editing would need to be established in the Rules. Some pages can be locked, mainly to prevent vandalism, but they need to be few and preferably temporary.

However, beyond restricting such, other aspects of pages need to be in keeping with the Creation Policy, which is summed up with FANDOM's motto, "Everyone can edit".

Of course, being so narrow a topic also means that very few are aware of it so the chances of someone with outside interest finding it without knowing it is there minimizes troublesome visitors.

As I said, it gets tricky for narrow-niche wikis.

Loading editor
    • I was editing my Home Page on my new Wiki and there was a message in the new Wiki which all newly created Wiki's would have (I think) so I kept all the coding and deleted the message and on my Home Page of the My Horse Wiki and it now says "Welcome to the Template:My Horse Wiki" and I don't know how to remove the word "Template". I am also having trouble copy and pasting links because I'm using a tablet and it keeps saying "Your browser doesn't allow you to paste this way. Press C t r l + V to paste" but I can't because I don't have a keyboard and my device isn't a laptop.

Loading editor
    • Links help

Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote:
      Links help

What links?

Loading editor
    • Links to said code so we can look at said code. Now we can only guess. Do you have the "My Horse Wiki" bit in curly brackets? Don't do that.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: Links to said code so we can look at said code. Now we can only guess. Do you have the "My Horse Wiki" bit in curly brackets? Don't do that.

No. I've realized it's a page/link but I don't understand why the page is called TemplateMy: My Hirse Wiki. How do I change.the page name and how do I know which page it is? And how do I copy and paste on a tablet?

Loading editor
    • It's easier for me to just check your masthead. It's my-horse, right?

And you did use curly brackets. Using [[ gives a straight link. Using {{ means the code thinks it's a template. If that template doesn't exist, it returns a redlink, with the namespace in front of it.

If you have other issues, feel free to tell us and we'll look at it. Befroe you do that, please change the text color for links. Yellow on tan is unreadable.

Loading editor
    • I used [[ and it works but it's red and it isn't a page when I'm trying to make it link to the page I'm on which is the Home page.

Loading editor
    • #REDIRECT[[Home]]

Loading editor
    • Where do I insert #REDIRECT Home?

Loading editor
    • Click the red link. Edit it in Source mode. Paste that.

Allthough I would suggest moving the exclamation point outside the brackets first.

Have you read Help:Editing for more tips?

Loading editor
    • I moved the exclamation mark out of the brackets but it isn't linked. It is grey and not yellow.

Loading editor
    • How do I change the Template of my Wiki home page?

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.