FANDOM

• Hi. On my wiki, Danganronpa Wiki we have a little under 40k images. A majority of the images are the best quality they will ever possibly be and have our standard of file names. Not all, but most. Examples include we get our sprite and game resources from the raw files themselves, so there can't be any better source than that.

Recently, I had a well-intention editor replace about 50 or so images, claiming they were "higher-quality" when they were not. It was tedious to undo. A more serious issue is when we're hit with vandalism, sometimes vandals will replace images that also need to be reverted.

SO is there a way I can get AWB to mass lock images from editing/replacing/etc?

Loading editor
    • Nope. But it is possible to make reuploading available only to admins. I'm not sure if they still grant it, but send the request to Special:Contact.

Loading editor
    • You can make a checkpage for AWB that would only allow established (and defined) users to use AWB on the wiki as well, in that regard. There's also scripts on dev that would quickly revert uploads by a certain users, but I'm not sure what that one is called.

Loading editor
    • Mendes2 wrote: ...but I'm not sure what that one is called.

Which, on dev wiki, makes it nearly very hard to find.

Loading editor
    • True, let's just stick to what Tupka mentioned in #2.

Loading editor
    • Thank you both for the suggestions! I'll look into preventing uploads in general.

Loading editor
    • Reuploads/replacements. Uploads cannot be blocked.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.