FANDOM

• Previews Missing

Right was a part of a mass rename batch.

I did a recent mass rename batch but now in Dynamic Category view they are all missing previews (that were viewable pre-rename). I have purged the heck out of it and its been over a day since the mass rename batch. Does it really take wiki that long to adjust the cache or do you think this is a bug and I should special contact it?

Loading editor
    • It’s a cache issue, that’s not connected to regular cache. I’ve had a ticket open since forever for a Dunamic cache issue, doesn’t look like it’s getting solved any time soon. Send a report to Special:Contact.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: It’s a cache issue, that’s not connected to regular cache. I’ve had a ticket open since forever for a Dunamic cache issue, doesn’t look like it’s getting solved any time soon. Send a report to Special:Contact.

Thank you for the info :)

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: It’s a cache issue, that’s not connected to regular cache. I’ve had a ticket open since forever for a Dunamic cache issue, doesn’t look like it’s getting solved any time soon. Send a report to Special:Contact.

Were you told to fix with MassNullEdit?

Loading editor
    • I've massnulledited, AWB null edited, manually null edited, manually purged. Nothing helps. In my base it's categories being emptied, but the number in Dynamic still listing (some of) the pages as being in here, leading to empty categories being registered as Wanted.

Loading editor
    • oh lame, massnulledit did finally work for me but I did relay that this problem should still be dealt with and not left to us to find work-arounds.

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote: oh lame, massnulledit did finally work for me but I did relay that this problem should still be dealt with and not left to us to find work-arounds.

And their reply is when upgrade of MediaWiki happens- if it doesn't correct the problem they will revisit. Which explains not rushing, they probably have a bunch of the eggs in the MediaWiki upgrade basket atm.

Loading editor
    • Dynamic is a custom feature, though. Ugh. I'll be looking at redlinks in WantedCats for a good while to come, then.

Loading editor
    • :( yeah not best news but an idea of where it's at.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.