FANDOM

• Mendes2
    Mendes2 closed this thread because:
    Arguing, refusal to move on
    20:23, August 12, 2019

I've been editing one wiki for almost the second year, but my requests are ignored. What to do in such a situation and where to file a complaint against fandom employees?

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Adoption:A_Kiss_For_The_Petals_Wiki_(2)

I've been making new requests for bureaucratic rights, but I'm being sent to support, where they advise me to submit a request again...

Loading editor
    • You need to make a new request and specify that you would like bureaucrat rights. Sannse only gave you admin rights because you weren't a bureaucrat on your previous account, JoePlay saw that Sannse gave you admin rights and so thought the request was completed.

To get bureaucrat status, you'll need to create a new request and in the 'any other information' section, say you would like bureaucrat rights. Make sure you get the consent of other active users (like BlueFlareTZK) perhaps by creating a blog and leaving a message on their wall.

Loading editor
    • You first read my comment to the end, and then answer

Loading editor
    • I think you need to start a new request. 

I've only skimmed, but it seems like - from what Night said, and you said Fandom told you, and the link itself - that you were given admin rights in the first request you made. That was marked as "complete". They can't thus reopen it and add extras, so that is why staff are telling you to make a new request. I imagine, if you make a new request specifically for bureaucrat rights, you'll have better luck and may even get them. 

Loading editor
    • So, where to send a complaint about fandom employees?

Loading editor
    • It's not ignored, it's denied. This seems to be based on a misunderstanding. Before creating yet another adoption, maybe it's better to just talk to JoePlay on his wall first? You were very brief on your followup adoptions, and as you presented no new information, they just denied it off hand. A common theme, both on the adoptions and on this thread, is that you leave out too much and get angry when people don't understand what you mean.

When you talk to Joe, make sure to:

• Call nobody any bad words. That doesn't help your case.
      • Don't complain.
      • Frame it as a misunderstanding. Because it is. No malice here.
      • Explain that you were an admin before, but not a bureaucrat.
      • Explain that you've become an admin now, and that staff have told you to file another adoption for b-crat rights.
      • Include a link to a discussion on the site where other active users agree to you being a bureaucrat.

And calmly wait.

Loading editor
    • I mean, I do have a lot of complaints about Fandom, but - generally - they can be worded as "feedback" and left constructively to staff or on forums . . . if I'm honest, I don't see what staff have done wrong here that you need to complain? You were sent to support, and support told you what needs to be done. I think it might be annoying, but it's perfectly normal and the right course of action. Still, if you want to put in a complaint: https://fandom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Just be aware, unless there's something you're not saying, it sounds like staff are just doing their jobs and haven't done anything wrong . . . can't see what complaining would accomplish, as I think the people handling complaints might side with the staff that dealt with you. 

Loading editor
    • Your employees deliberately provoke me to conflict!

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:1709970https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:1709969

If it's not ignoring, then what?

I asked three more new requests 1 , 2 , 3 because of what I was banned, because I followed the instructions of support...

Loading editor
    • You should explain your situation, not just ask for rights. There's no context there and it may look like you're asking for rights on an entirely other wiki without having any justification.

Loading editor
    • They're not our employees. You need to calm down. As I said, you offer nothing new in your communications. As far as they're concerned, the matter is settled. If you want to tell them (POLITELY and NONCONFRONTATIONAL) that they're mistaken, you have to include more information.

Joe and CzechOut don't deliberately provoke you to conflict. I've met them, they're really nice and friendly. They're here to help you. But as long as you don't explain it better, they won't understand you better.

Loading editor
    • And what information is needed?

Loading editor
    • I mentioned it above.

Loading editor
    • The bureaucrat has not responded to requests for a long time and therefore can not give anyone rights or decide on changes in the design or functions of this wiki and since I am the only one who edits it, I therefore want to take on these obligations

Loading editor
    • Ranger361 wrote:
      The bureaucrat has not responded to requests for a long time and therefore can not give anyone rights or decide on changes in the design or functions of this wiki and since I am the only one who edits it, I therefore want to take on these obligations

Send a polite request to Joe or Czech, as suggested, on their wall. 

Include the following, as suggested:

"

• Explain that you were an admin before, but not a bureaucrat.
      • Explain that you've become an admin now, and that staff have told you to file another adoption for b-crat rights.
      • Include a link to a discussion on the site where other active users agree to you being a bureaucrat."

You then just need to wait for a reply, sometimes up to 48 hours. 

Loading editor
    • As mentioned by others, you provided them with no context. 

If you leave a full message, with all the information outlined above, they should answer. 

Loading editor
    • I can’t wait for weeks in the hope that they will answer me, especially since I have a conflict with them

Loading editor
    • It shouldn't be weeks. It may even be a few hours (if they're online). 

They ignored you before, I would guess, as they treated the message like spam. They get dozens and dozens of people asking for this and asking for that and not reading ToS or rules or FAQs, and they also can't memorise every issue and every interaction . . . they likely made it a low priority, as they assumed - maybe - you were a random user just wanting to be bureaucrat. 

Try a message like:

"Sorry to bother you. 

"I applied to be bureaucrat on x wiki, but - due to a misunderstanding - I was only given admin rights. I fit all criteria to be a bureaucrat; I contacted staff, who forwarded me to support, and they told be to re-submit my request. Here are the links to show I have resubmitted my request, as well as that I have community support to be bureaucrat: link 1 and link 2. 

"I thank you in advance for any help."

If they don't reply then, sure, there's a deeper issue at play. 

Loading editor
    • Thank you for the comprehensive answer

Loading editor
    • No problemo. 

Do let us know how you get on, and good luck! :)

Loading editor
    • Tells me to wait until October and re-apply...

I find it easier a new account to make and submit through the week than to continue this pointless waste of time arguing with assholes on the staff or better, I will clear all my contributions

Loading editor
    • "Clearing" your contributions will not work. Staff can see *everything* you've done (in all wikis) even the deleted. AND, they can see when accounts are sockpuppets.

Loading editor
    • Please at least try to refrain from insulting other people. That's not helpful nor constructive to your case. As you've been answered by staff, wait until October to re-apply and as Love Robin says, it's not wise to ignore what they say.

Loading editor
    • If they cannot give me the rights to my own wiki, then I have every right to delete all the information I wrote

Loading editor
    • But that would not be constructive for your wiki, no?

Loading editor
    • Mendes2 , I've been waiting for so long, and patience is not endless. And I don’t want to have a relationship with this platform anymore

Loading editor
    • Harrypotterexpert101 , I have nothing left to do, as my contributions are not appreciated

Loading editor
    • User:CzechOut gave you a *detailed* response where he said, "you need to wait until 24 September to re-apply for any adoption".

Any. Adoption.

He told you his reasonings. Voiced his concerns. Gave you instructions. Which you can also call A TEST.

Sweetie, right now, this moment… you're not doing very well with that test. Five weeks. You can do this. You're currently an Admin. There is only one thing you can't do—make more admins—and you don't need to do that one thing during the next 5 weeks.

Loading editor
    • Ranger361 wrote: If they cannot give me the rights to my own wiki, then I have every right to delete all the information I wrote

I can understand you're upset after all these misunderstandings and miscommunications, but let me clear up another misunderstanding: you actually don't have that right. Per the Help:Licensing, you have released all your edits under a CC-BY-SA 3.0 license. You still "own" them and are credited as such in the edit history, but you've granted the right to others to edit/reuse/adapt/etc them. Even if you were to remove them, others are free to restore them.

Loading editor
    • And on what grounds should I wait?

Loading editor
    • Technically, it's not your own wiki, it's your previous account's wiki. They accommodated you by transferring your previous rights. As you're only allowed one adoption (successful or not) per month, they asked you to wait that long.

You could, politely, ask them for leniency, as the previous adoption request(s) arose from a misunderstanding and a quick resulotion of the matter would benefit the wiki. There's no guarantee they'll concede to that, but it's worth a shot.

Loading editor
    • Ranger361 wrote: And on what grounds should I wait?

On the grounds you'll PASS THE TEST.

It's like waiting for dessert until after dinner. Or your birthday for a party. Or Xmas for presents and end of the year bonuses. Or the release date of a game/movie/TV show/etc so you can enjoy that product.

Life is full of Upcoming Dates. This is but one more.

And what are you *missing*?? So you can't make more admins for another 5 weeks. Your wiki is not deprived of anything. You can still do everything else that wiki needs to thrive and grow.

I beleive you can do this. I dare say everyone on this thread believes you can do this. Now *you* just need to believe you can do this.

Loading editor
    • I didn't take any Vicky, so I don't have to wait. Let them refer to the rules that do not allow me to take wiki. And better give me the contacts of the director, as all these conversations lead to nothing good

Loading editor
    • Love Robin , then they will tell me that you need confirmation from other participants or something else...

Loading editor
    • I will close this thread. It is clear that Ranger361 is not willing to listen to advice given by both staff and veteran users of the platform, and this thread has stopped being constructive, further comments and feedback can be given through Special:Contact.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.