FANDOM

• https://black-command.fandom.com/wiki/Template:Cite_web

Is it possible to add a template so that I can add websites that are archived from Internet Archive for example?

Loading editor
    • There's a possibility you could add a default link to the internet archive in the template itself, such as web.archive.org/web/{{{date}}}/{{{archivelink}}}}, although that wouldn't necessarily solve your problem. Wikipedia uses a bot and a Lua module for that, but that doesn't really help either.

Loading editor
    • If that's not possible to do, then should there be another template instead?

Loading editor
    • FYI, I just did a little test and you don't need the date if you want to link to the most recent version. If the date is omitted, the website automatically pulls up the most recent version it has. So all you would need to do is provide the URL.

Loading editor
    • Not sure if that's the most convient solution though. Wasn't sure if the date is really required but it's in the url structure so yes

Loading editor
    • Yeah, looking at the template, I guess that isn't really relevant to this case. It seems that one would want to have a date attached to the citation if one were to include the link.

Loading editor
    • Okay. I'll test it out later.

Loading editor
    • Seems like I already tried this before since I saw a citation on the wiki site I made that had an archiveurl thing working.

Thanks for the help.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.