FANDOM

• Just a short query, it doesn’t appear that the .WallHistoryRail shows up anymore. It’s normally fairly obscure, normally visible when viewing the history of a message wall/board or thread/board thread. Is its disappearance intentional or am I missing something?

Loading editor
    • What does it look like and when was the last time you saw it. I haven't noticed any changes to the display of history for such pages.

Loading editor
    • It is a rail module which showed the present contributors on a wall or in a thread. It showed users’ avatars, followed by their names, and hovering brought up additional links.

I hardly checked wall histories so this module could have disappeared a while ago.

Loading editor
    • Was this on all wikis or a particular one?

Loading editor
    • this one? anyway, it is always good to provide some links.

Loading editor
    • That is the forum activity module.

Here and also here are locations you previously would have found the .WallHistoryRail module.

Loading editor
    • probably, it was some custom js, cuz there is no wallhistoryrail.

Loading editor
    • Nope, it was a default feature. The module had been around for years, and was present in 2018, and as early as 2014 and likely a lot earlier.

It has probably been removed, although I am not sure why or when, despite these pages seemingly not being used much.

Loading editor
    • Well, it is hard to say since right now your are the only one in this thread that recalls it being there. I have been looking at thread histories once in a while for a few years now and don't recall any such feature. So either it is some custom JS that stopped working or I just never noticed it because I never had need of it.

Loading editor
    • Hackey5, until you give a link to a wiki where you think you saw it or at least the name of some wikis... I think your memory is suspect... Some wikis use the same custom JS and can fool you into thinking something is a default feature when it isn't. One example is that for a time, tons of wikis were using the AJAX RC auto refresh custom JS.

Loading editor
    • I don’t “think” I saw it, thanks. There is no script for a wall history module (please don’t suggest my memory is faulty if you can’t provide the misleading script in question). There are, however, other acknowledgements that this module was present, one such being here. I had used similar code (i.e. .names, .realname, .actionlinks as children of .WallHistoryRail) since November 2014, long before the concept of ‘Fandomising’ anything existed.

Until seemingly recently, the module has been present on all wikis in wall history sections as described. It appears that .WikiaRail has since been removed from these locations so whether that was intentional or a bug is essentially the matter here.

Loading editor
    • It's not a bug. Mist likely just a removal or a name change. FANDOM staff could give you the definitive answer, since you don't seem to believe anyone here.

It also may have only existed for a couple years. Only recently has FANDOM even been transparent about changing the UI... often unless it was big or obvious they would just change stuff and sort of explain it when people made a big stink.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.