FANDOM

• This person name InternallyScreamingNo blocked me for no reason and it keep bullying me

Loading editor
    • It wasn't for no reason (you changed a bunch of stuff after InternallyScreamingNo told you not to) and it's only 3 days. Just wait it out.

Loading editor
    • No, he's bullying me on message

Loading editor
    • I looked at your contributions. You aren't fooling anyone.

Loading editor
    • The moderator is fooled, I was edited for fixing and later the day, he blocked me

Loading editor
    • Your fixing was changing something the admin told you not to change.

I looked into. Please stop lying.

Loading editor
    • I'm not lying and I'm not fixed

Loading editor
    • Just wait 2 more days.

Loading editor
    • Reason give me this: Are you kidding me. I did nothing wrong

Loading editor
    • You can say whatever you want, but I don't believe you and it won't change your block if you complain about it forever here.

Loading editor
    • Just Wait until the block expires :P, on the bright side be grateful that this isn't Reddit, where mods can ban you indefinitely.  

If you've been blocked, it's very unlikely that it's because of administrative corruption (If you suspect otherwise, you should make a formal request to Fandom staff, but chances are they aren't going to believe you). I'm an administrator on three Wikis and I never block innocent users. You were blocked for a reason, and that is most likely your fault. Just accept it, and learn from your mistakes. 

Loading editor
    • Actually, mods can block users indefinitely. But that is all the more reason to not blow a 3-day block out of proportion.

Loading editor
    • Um, no. We can't just randomly block users indefinitely, because we can get demoted for abusing authority. 

Loading editor
    • By whom? In general, staff only intervene when there is a ToU violation. Other than that, the local community governs itself. Sure, bureaucrats can demote admins and admins can demote mods. However, that is based on local or even personal ideas about what is fair and what is not. There is no global policy saying that mods can't block users indefinitely nor is there a limitation built into MediaWiki.

Loading editor
    • FANDOM doesn't give mods block ability as far as I know. Let's not confuse mods with admins.

Loading editor
    • RedIgnite
      RedIgnite removed this reply because:
      Wrong user targeted
      01:35, August 10, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Oops, sorry Andrew. Confused you with OP. 

Loading editor
    • OhAndrewds1021 wrote:
      Actually, mods can block users indefinitely. But that is all the more reason to not blow a 3-day block out of proportion.

Oh, you meant content moderation. No, they aren't given the blocking tool, but most Wikis don't use Content Moderators. 

Loading editor
    • Yeah. Sorry for the confusion guys. I was just using the same terms as when RedIgnite was referring to Reddit. But the point is that users can get blocked indefinitely on FANDOM.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Yeah. Sorry for the confusion guys. I was just using the same terms as when RedIgnite was referring to Reddit. But the point is that users can get blocked indefinitely on FANDOM.

It's alright mate. 

However, you're wrong about getting blocked indefinitely, administrators are not allowed in general to block users permanently until (In my Wiki) they reached their third block or if they committed a severe rule infraction that lead to an immediate block (Like Sockpuppetry). However, blocking them permanently without good reason is forbidden, and can result in a demotion for abusing authority. 

Loading editor
    • RedIgnite wrote: ... administrators are not allowed in general to block users permanently until (In my Wiki) ...

Those parenthesis are a rather important qualifier. Anyways, there is no point in arguing in circles so unless there is a new reason to continue discussing it, this will be my last comment on indefinite blocks on this thread.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.