FANDOM

• hello! admin of the Crossover Chaos wiki here, and I have a problem. my wiki will not go over 170 pages, due to pages getting deleted without my permission. I know i've made more pages then this, but when I try to go to them, they have been deleted, and I have to make the page again. Can you help me? Thank you!

Loading editor
    • Links always help.

Loading editor
    • https://crossoverchaosfanfic.fandom.com/wiki/S.H.I.R.O.Y.A.M.A. this is just one example. i made pages for aigis and speedy cerviche a while ago, and now they are red links, and have none of the content they originally had.

Loading editor
    • https://crossoverchaosfanfic.fandom.com/wiki/Emerald%20Drekislater?veaction=edit&redlink=1 and another example. this also got deleted without my permission, when there was definitely content on it beforehand. and there is nothing about these pages getting deleted when there's only two people on the wiki, and we are both admins.

Loading editor
    • Use Special:Undelete and see who deleted them and then undelete them.

Loading editor
    • unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working. i may be pinning it down as a glitch on the wiki, and will possibly ask fandom admins about it.

Loading editor
    • Are you absolutely sure you've got the right spelling? Those pages don't exist, have never existed, and have never been deleted. The wiki's deletion log is totally empty. Are you sure you made those pages on this wiki?

There's no reason why these pages would be deleted, and if someone other than local administration were to remove them - like Staff - there would still be traces of it and they would leave a good reason, like ToU violation.

You can ask Staff at Special:Contact. Maybe they can see something. I doubt it, but you'll never know. Be sure to give plenty of examples, and include a rough indication of when you (think) you created those pages.

Loading editor
    • thank you so much! i will ask them if it's a glitch or not, because now that i know it's not a possible deletion, it could be a glitch from the server.

Loading editor
    • Is this the page you were trying to link to? I found it through your contribution history.

Loading editor
    • @Andrewds1021 one of the ones, yes. another being the emerald drekislater page. however, the s.h.i.r.o.y.a.m.a page was made by the other admin, Jesszarosianpon, aka my roleplaying partner for the story. my specific gripes about the page is that i made pages for two characters on the page, aigis and speedy cerviche, and like @Tupka217 said, it's like they never existed.

Loading editor
    • also: according to support, it's a server caching issue, so it apparentally is a glitch. however, i'm not sure how to reply to them due to me being rather technology-inept.

Loading editor
    • Is it possible you started working on a page, but never published it or there was an error when you tried to publish it? The deletion logs would show if something was deleted, but you can't delete what wasn't created. There are no pages in the wiki that even start with "Em".

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      Is it possible you started working on a page, but never published it or there was an error when you tried to publish it? The deletion logs would show if something was deleted, but you can't delete what wasn't created. There are no pages in the wiki that even start with "Em".

this could very much be possible, and it does make sense. this could very well be the cause. sorry for taking time out of your day for this, fellas.

Loading editor
    • It should also still show in your contributions as well, FYI. So unless there is a serious new bug with Wikia's backend, it is likely there was a problem saving the page.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      It should also still show in your contributions as well, FYI. So unless there is a serious new bug with Wikia's backend, it is likely there was a problem saving the page.

i do admit i have a slow internet connection, so it is very possible my internet connection could've shorted out while saving the pages that are missing, since that seems more likely? so i agree, it could be a problem saving the pages that i tried to link.

Loading editor
    • Use Special:Undelete or demote the user who keeps deleting em if you are bureaucrat. If its staff then theres not much you can do besides Special:Contact

Loading editor
    • thank you all for helping me! problem solved! i found that it was my internet connection, and it shorted out while saving pages that were missing from the wiki, so no issues with the site itself. sorry for taking time out of your day, fellas.

Loading editor
    • What lesson did we learn today? If pages lead to a 404 error but there is no warning saying "This page has been deleted" then it's an error with your internet. if the pages were actually deleted it would have to say "This page has been deleted" otherwise it's just an error with your internet

Loading editor
    • Sombrero, if you had bothered to read earlier replies you would've seen those actions didn't work.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: Sombrero, if you had bothered to read earlier replies you would've seen those actions didn't work.

What if it was a temporary glitch? because then if the same solution atempt was rreposted it would probably encourage the OP to try it, even though it didnt work the op still fixed it in another way

Loading editor
    • That is a very poor attempt at a saving throw.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.