FANDOM


  • Is it possible to block other users in a Fandom wiki if you're not a admin? I meant not like blocking for editing pages, but to block them for posting on your message wall

      Loading editor
    • As far as I am aware, no.

      The next thing you can do is close the thread or even remove it from public views, then report the thread to the admin depending in what has been say in the thread on your message wall.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks, then is it possible to not allow anyone to post message on your thread then?

        Loading editor
    • Nope. If a user is bothering you, contact local admins.

        Loading editor
    • Ok. Thanks!¬†ūüĎć

        Loading editor
    • Unidentified Lifeform Number 3 wrote: Thanks, then is it possible to not allow anyone to post message on your thread then?

      Closing the thread will affect the OP and anyone else to being unable to post any messages on that thread in your message wall.

        Loading editor
    • But if you talking about them spamming threads on your message wall, you could ignore them if it is something trivial.

      However, this is really all up to the user who post messages on your message wall.

      If these messages has something that violate the respective community policies, then it might be well advised to contact any admins for that matter as they will likely banned the user who done the rule violation or at least get them a warning.

        Loading editor
    • If you want to experiment with blocking users but you are to lazy to be admin on any other wiki, then clik "Start a wiki" and folow the instructions for creating your own wiki. then when it's created, go to Special:Block 'n have fun

        Loading editor
    • Sombrero2 wrote:
      If you want to experiment with blocking users but you are to lazy to be admin on any other wiki, then clik "Start a wiki" and folow the instructions for creating your own wiki. then when it's created, go to Special:Block 'n have fun

      You would have to inform the users though that it is a test as blocking them simply for seemingly no reason is really something I will advise against this idea as that is just abusing powers at that point.

        Loading editor
    • However you could blok random users which are unused like User:Abcdefghijklmno or User:Qwertyuioplkjhgfdsa without telling them about them being blocked.

        Loading editor
    • Sombrero2 wrote:
      However you could blok random users which are unused like User:Abcdefghijklmno or User:Qwertyuioplkjhgfdsa without telling them about them being blocked.

      Debatable as again blocking a inactive user out of randomness is like your definition of fun and fooling around like a fool.

      At this point, you simply got a little too power hungry at that point.

        Loading editor
    • You could also try blocking yourself to see what the block options do without having to interupt anyone

        Loading editor
    • Sombrero2 wrote:
      You could also try blocking yourself to see what the block options do without having to interupt anyone

      Hmmm I don't recall admins doing that as far as I am aware so I gonna acknowledge that as a possibility as the Terms of Use make it clear that you are responsible for anything you have done while using Fandom and the wikias people has made there.

        Loading editor
    • What do you mean by your last sentence:

      HammerStrikes219 wrote: I gonna acknowledge that as a possibility as the Terms of Use make it clear that you are responsible for anything you have done while using Fandom and the wikias people has made there.

        Loading editor
    • Sombrero2 wrote:
      What do you mean by your last sentence:

      HammerStrikes219 wrote: I gonna acknowledge that as a possibility as the Terms of Use make it clear that you are responsible for anything you have done while using Fandom and the wikias people has made there.

      Basically if you were to violate the Terms of Use in a theoretical scenario: Not to intentionally block, remove, or otherwise obstruct the proper functioning and view of advertisements, and/or user interface and functionality;.

      Now in this case, you could just unblock the user I suppose given you are just testing the block options and this can be undone.

      In any case, it seems we have deviate from the original poster's topic.

        Loading editor
    • Okay then. Back on topic

        Loading editor
    • It happened in the other thread, staff defeated my user's wikis that I work for. He is banned. R.I.P Keanu246 March 2019 - August 2019

        Loading editor
    • I'm not sure, but FANDOM Helpers and VSTF may be able to block users. I don't remember if Helpers count as FANDOM staff, tho.

        Loading editor
    • Helpers are volunteers. Though they have the power to block people, they don't have the authority to do so on any wiki not in their language. So blocking on EN is, by default, off the table.

        Loading editor
    • wtf ivy? You must stop spamming irevelant threads with your whining about a rulebreaker being blocked. I hope you get blocked too since you are obviously Keanu246s sock puppet because you also spam irevelant threads like Keanu does

        Loading editor
    • I got blocked on another wiki:

      w:c:bloons:User:Ivy356

        Loading editor
    • Ivy356 wrote:
      I got blocked on another wiki:

      w:c:bloons:User:Ivy356

      Does this have to do with anything about non-staff members blocking users?

        Loading editor
    • Unidentified Lifeform Number 3 wrote:
      Ivy356 wrote:
      I got blocked on another wiki:

      w:c:bloons:User:Ivy356

      Does this have to do with anything about non-staff members blocking users?

      No, it doesn't

        Loading editor
    • Back to topic.

        Loading editor
    • Answering the original question, no, it's not possible at the moment. However, what is possible is blocking the person from your personal view, but you have to add some code in your personal CSS in order to do so. For example, this would completely hide all the messages from a user called "JustLeafy test" from the Forums, message walls, comments and more (not Discussions though):

      li[data-user="JustLeafy test"] { display: none !important; }
        Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote:
      Answering the original question, no, it's not possible at the moment. However, what is possible is blocking the person from your personal view, but you have to add some code in your personal CSS in order to do so. For example, this would completely hide all the messages from a user called "JustLeafy test" from the Forums, message walls, comments and more (not Discussions though):
      li[data-user="JustLeafy test"] { display: none !important; }

      So like if I replace the "JustLeafy test" with a different subject, does it block that subject entirely?

        Loading editor
    • Yes.

        Loading editor
    • Thank you.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.