FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for Fandom's code release scheduled for August 6, 2019:

• FIXED: We recently fixed an issue where non-Fandom HTTP links would incorrectly be converted to HTTPS.
    • FIXED: We recently fixed an issue where the 'go-search' feature (where searching takes you straight to matching article names) was not working as intended for logged-in users.
    • FIXED: We recently fixed spaces going missing in Discussions when using Firefox.
    • FIXED: We recently fixed some Discussions polls not being visible on iOS devices.
    • FIXED: We will fix a case that could cause line breaks to be missing in some Discussions posts.
    • NOTABLE: After user feedback, we recently switched the Discussions upvote icon to a heart icon.
    • NOTABLE: We are making some tweaks to search that should improve results when searching for relatively common words (previously these might be skipped by the indexer).
    • NOTABLE: When embedding a Fandom link in a Twitter post, a wiki logo will now be shown if no article image is available (instead of a generic Twitter icon).
      Loading editor
    • excellent release

Loading editor
    • Even though some issues should have been solved earlier (bug reports of over a month old for example), there are quite some good fixes in there.

Loading editor
    • Love all these fixes, especially the heart icon on Discussions. It's sweeter and promotes a more positive atmosphere.

Loading editor
    • I appreciate the discussions icon update.

Loading editor
    • The upvote icon looked weird to me at first, but now, I think it's cool.

Loading editor
    • I think having all the hearts on there makes it feel a lot more friendly & not as toxic :)

Loading editor
    • I don't know whether you've fixed this for newer notifications, but will the upvote symbol in notifications be changed to a heart? Probably also a good idea to update Help:Discussions about that too!

Loading editor
    • NightSpeakers wrote: I don't know whether you've fixed this for newer notifications, but will the upvote symbol in notifications be changed to a heart? Probably also a good idea to update Help:Discussions about that too!

I'll bring this up with the team! Update: I can confirm the team are planning on updating the remaining upvote icons.

Loading editor
    • That's all very well, but search is still not working properly for me. I'm searching for words and it's not showing all known articles with those words, and sometimes even showing the wrong word. It's been like this for weeks now and I have contacted you about this at least twice.

Loading editor
    • The search re-indexing is an ongoing process - it's not finished yet, and more tweaks are likely in the coming days.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.