FANDOM

• I see that there are default sidebar panels on the right of most pages. For example, on the right of the page below, there are these panels: "Community Chat", "Recent Wiki Activity", and "Popular pages", etc.

Link to example: https://dev.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_JavaScript_enhancements

I'd like to know how to include and exclude these panels from the sidebar, and whether the style and content of each panel may be changed. I've visited the following links, but they don't seem to be relevant:

My actual goal is simply to include the discord chat widget on every page.

Loading editor
    • What gets put into the sidebar on server-side page generation is so to say hardcoded. Of course there won't be a chat module of you don't have chat enabled, but you can't just edit e.g. a system message to add stuff there.

What you can do though is to modify the sidebar via CSS and JS after it has been sent to the client. I don't remember the exact rules, but afaik you are allowed to add new things, but not remove existing ones. If in doubt consult the Customization policy and the Terms of Use.

You say you specifically want to add a discord widget to the sidebar. There already is a pre made script to include Discord available. If you have administrator rights on the wiki in question you can just enable that.

Loading editor
    • NoWayThisUsernameIsAlreadyOwnedBySomeone wrote:
      What gets put into the sidebar on server-side page generation is so to say hardcoded. Of course there won't be a chat module of you don't have chat enabled, but you can't just edit e.g. a system message to add stuff there.

What you can do though is to modify the sidebar via CSS and JS after it has been sent to the client. I don't remember the exact rules, but afaik you are allowed to add new things, but not remove existing ones. If in doubt consult the Customization policy and the Terms of Use.

You say you specifically want to add a discord widget to the sidebar. There already is a pre made script to include Discord available. If you have administrator rights on the wiki in question you can just enable that.

Hi, thank you. I should have used DiscordWidget (for entire site), but I used DiscordIntegrator (for single pages) instead. Correcting this oversight solved the problem.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.