FANDOM

• Love Robin
    Love Robin closed this thread because:
    locking against necroposts and hijacks
    09:41, May 18, 2020

I ask to be unbanned from Versus Battles Wiki, as it's been a matter of years, and whatever personality traits have caused me to be "disrespectful and unreasonable" before are pretty much gone now.

Loading editor
    • Well, from what I recall we have already imposed most of the DC Comics changes that you wanted at this point, but there is a high risk that you would just start to want to downgrade all of our anime pages and upgrade Superman and characters scaled from him to 1-A, which would be disruptive and extremely tiresome to deal with.

Loading editor
    • That said, PrinceOfTheMorning and Sandman31 are planning to upgrade all of the Monitors to 1-A, and Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite will likely be upgraded significantly as well, so that should make you happy at least.

Loading editor
    • Antvasima wrote:
      Well, from what I recall we have already imposed most of the DC Comics changes that you wanted at this point, but there is a high risk that you would just start to want to downgrade all of our anime pages and upgrade Superman and characters scaled from him to 1-A, which would be disruptive and extremely tiresome to deal with.

I don't want to downgrade any anime page, and (despite my personal beliefs on the matter) I won't even touch upon Superman's current standing in VBW without massive preexisting external support for an upgrade there.

Loading editor
    • Okay. As you likely know, Superman is extremely inconsistent in the comicbooks, which is the reason for why we tried to give him a high, but not extreme, rating, based on feats that fit with the scale of other characters usually displayed near his level.

What do you have in mind for your stay in the wiki? Meaning, will you just participate in a normal manner, or do you have any major revisions planned?

Loading editor
    • He recently received a 2-C rating when supercharged though.

Loading editor
    • Antvasima wrote:
      Okay. As you likely know, Superman is extremely inconsistent in the comicbooks, which is the reason for why we tried to give him a high, but not extreme, rating, based on feats that fit with the scale of other characters usually displayed near his level.

What do you have in mind for your stay in the wiki? Meaning, will you just participate in a normal manner, or do you have any major revisions planned?

I will participate in a normal manner, but I do think minor revisions need to be done for verses such as the Dark Tower, to fix blatant falsehoods and inaccuracies, such as the false notion that Pennywise the Dancing Clown killed Maturin the Turtle.

Loading editor
    • Okay. That seems fine. One of our administrators is currently upgrading the verse. Gan will be tier 0.

Loading editor
    • Anyway, I will ask the rest of the staff if I should unban you.

Loading editor
    • Antvasima wrote:
      Anyway, I will ask the rest of the staff if I should unban you.

Has the decision been made yet?

Loading editor
    • We are uncertain regarding the topic: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:3205076

Loading editor
    • Antvasima wrote:
      We are uncertain regarding the topic: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:3205076

I am reading the thread, and these complaints against me being unbanned are noted. I've also noted that they use off-site behavior as a guiding stick.

Tell them that I promise to follow the VBW rules, I won't try to wank Superman on there, and that if anyone wants to hear my side of that little drama in late 2016, then I will be happy to explain it.

Loading editor
    • Tell DarkDragonMedeus in particular that I also never once adopted an "I am God" attitude, don't remember doing anything untoward on any Chrono Trigger calc, never harassed ProtoDude/ClassicGameGuys (last time I even spoke to him was late 2016), and I wasn't even active on the Internet in general during all of 2017 and half of 2018 due to personal reasons

And I don't remember attempting to downplay "pretty much every other medium", and although I will admit to trying to bring up Superman as one of the most powerful characters in fiction, I wasn't trying to make him the most powerful. Any posts I've made supposedly doing that are jokes or shitposts.

Loading editor
    • Okay.

Loading editor
    • Antvasima wrote:
      Okay.

Make sure to quote the "Tell DarkDragonMedeus" post too.

Most of these people's ideas of me clearly seem to come from second-hand information and hearsay if not outright caricatures and falsehoods.

Loading editor
    • Tell Matthew Schroeder this:

I have relatively recently managed to contact several of the members who I sent that message to, to apologize for it and hash things out with them. All those seem to have accepted.

Loading editor
    • Those messages were gruesome and distusting, were a product of a mind racked by abuse and stress finally snapping, and aren't reflective of me today. For what it's worth, I'm truly regretful that I had ever made them, and I wish I could have undone all of that. I cringe every time I see or hear about those messages.

I will also note that, while horrible and gross, those messages weren't "death threats". I didn't threaten to do any of those things to those people myself. I would put those messages in the "telling someone to drop dead or kill himself" category.

Not justifying any of those messages, just explaining myself and what I did better.

Loading editor
    • My apologies, but if what Matthew says is true, i.e. that you were spamming slurs and death threats to people at Narutoforums, it is far too risky to allow you back to the wiki.

Loading editor
    • Responding to DarkDragonMedeus again:

Since you brought up a [[1]], that was an obvious joke post that I made for the sole purpose of ribbing back when Proto and I were friends.

Loading editor
    • Well, the issue is still that you managed to get yourself permanently banned at Narutoforums, and we have far stricter standards than they do.

Loading editor
    • Antvasima wrote:
      Well, the issue is still that you managed to get yourself permanently banned at Narutoforums, and we have far stricter standards than they do.

That message (and the resulting ban) occured after a chain of events both on and off the Naruto Forums that I'd rather not get into right now.

Suffice to say, I don't make *that* kind of message anymore. I wouldn't have normally done so even in the past.

And I am more than willing to abide by your standards like I do for Space Battles, a place I otherwise mock and despise.

Loading editor
    • If your place has rules against slurs, then I won't use slurs.

Loading editor
    • Tonathan100 wrote: If your place has rules against slurs, then I won't use slurs.

FANDOM has rules against slurs.

Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote:

Tonathan100 wrote: If your place has rules against slurs, then I won't use slurs.

FANDOM has rules against slurs.

And haven't used slurs on FANDOM before, and I won't do it now.

Loading editor
    • Well, our staff seems to be uniformly against letting you return, and I think that it most likely is too risky as well. My apologies.

Loading editor
    • Antvasima wrote:
      Well, our staff seems to be uniformly against letting you return, and I think that it most likely is too risky as well. My apologies.

Okay, that's fine.

Loading editor
    • Is there any chance that I can successfully appeal for an again at a later date?

Loading editor
    • Well, you can try, but it seems unlikely that the responses will be much different.

Loading editor
    • Tonathan100 wrote: Is there any chance that I can successfully appeal for an again at a later date?

Perhaps after a significant amount of time, say 9 months to a year, asking again civilly *might* gain you a reappraisal. Especially if you can point to other wikis where you establish a decent activity record, avoiding any drama anywhere.

This is not a guarantee, so don't hold us to it, but I've seen it work for others on FANDOM in general.

Loading editor
    • HELP I GT BANNED BY TONIGHY AND ITS BEEN MORE THAN HALF A WEEK ALR

Loading editor
    • I am not able to help you unless you were banned in the VS Battles wiki.

Loading editor
    • NoobGod, please open/start your own message threads instead of hijacking and necroposting the threads of others, this one is almost a year old.

Locking thread.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.