FANDOM

• Decided to ask here so I don't completely hijack the original thread.

Do you think there is a way to improve the template so it is more usable or is the situation just not amenable to it? I would like to point out that I provided all those different types so that users have options in how they call it. I use it remembering the following: account, wiki, fandom, protection. Those corresponding to 4 of the 5 general categories (and associated ids). All parameters are optional with the default linking to the general contact form.

Loading editor
    • You could simplify the template to use the same names as the old sub pages, I suppose.

Otherwise, no. The best solution would be for the original Special:Contact/subpage that is the equivalent be a redirect to the appropriate setting in the Zendesk form.

Loading editor
    • I thought about that (both what you suggest for my template and the redirects). The thing is, I don't remember what all the subpages were. As for the redirects, that is something staff or at least CC admin would have to do as it would probably require JS.

Loading editor
    • Hi there,

We have asked about the subpages of the original contact form redirecting to the appropriate pages to staff already, and staff answered that "they would see about bringing this up with the team". Since we mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, I've reminded staff of it but don't expect a reply until tomorrow.

Loading editor
    • Cool. Thanks for the info. If we had that, then there definitely would be no need for the template. Although, to create new links, you would need to have already memorized the subpages. Still good for all the existing links though.

Loading editor
    • Thanks Mendes2.

I mentioned this a long time back at my General Discussion forum post, Tasks for the new FANDOM staff to work on, but I guess it really is being ignored.

Loading editor
    • There's a difference between being ignored and not being seen! I'm looking at that thread now.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.