FANDOM

• Hello, ZeoSpark. I believe we must disable comments on MarioWiki. The community has a discussion page where users can discuss their opinions about the article. For the article's talk page, I would like it if users discuss on improving articles instead of mentioning their opinions on articles. What do you think?

Loading editor
    • ZeoSpark, I think you missed my message, but I forgive you for that if you are busy.

Loading editor
    • Hello? I hope you didn’t miss my message yet.

Loading editor
    • Sorry for some reason this didn't show up at first (wonder why you message here instead?)

I honesty do agree because comments could be a hindrance sometimes. A lot of people may not like the decision to take them away but that's why we're going to discuss them first.

And yeah. That does sound good as a lot of other wikis have talk pages for that exact purpose.

Loading editor
    • Thank you for questioning it. It is easier to message on MarioWiki. Anyway, I also created the Featured article nominations page. So does that mean we disable the comment feature now?

Loading editor
    • It is still a big decision to do it. I think we should at least notify the wiki first before doing so.

And the page looks good!

Loading editor
    • ZeoSpark I made a proposal on MarioWiki:Proposals/Voting Page. You can count your vote too.

Loading editor
    • Sorry I did saw your other message but I had things to do. You have to at least give me some time to reply. You do tend to send me somewhat hostile messages if I don't reply in a certain amount of time (like "You better not be ignoring my messages"). Not to mention my notifications doesn't always work. I know you didn't say it this time but I'm just making sure you don't resort to that again.

Loading editor
    • Oh. Now, I realize what I am doing wrong. I am sorry for behaving impatient. I don’t like acting hostile too, but I am making those comments, then anyone was better off telling me. I believe what you said and this is helping me. Thank you for telling me.

Loading editor
    • By the way, with the looks of the users, my proposal of disabling article comments feature will be unsuccessful :(

Loading editor
    • I feel bad that users think commenting is more important than editing.

Loading editor
    • I mean...I guess they don't want their way of posting opinions or their thoughts of a certain page to be taken away. They will take it as "No more comments, you must edit a page" meaning they're forced to edit a page. Sure, helping out the page is more, well, helpful but I guess they could also express how they feel about a page (especially if it's a new game).

I could only think of a compromise by adding a certain rule where you must stay on topic of a page or not add unnecessary things like "I like this page."

Loading editor
    • I closed my proposal agreeing that we will keep comments.

Loading editor
    • Also, I am thinking MarioWiki should have essays, they are not officially policies, but they give advice to users. Users can also discuss on the talk page with good ideas. It is like WoWWiki, Wikipedia and SmashWiki essays. Here are examples: Don't bite the newcomers, Advice for hotheads and What SmashWiki is not.

Loading editor
    • That does sound interesting.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.