FANDOM

• As I say different threads for different topics if only to help them be found rather than have one infinitely long thread that needs to be looked through to find a topic in question!

So from this thread, 1) With the Jurassic Park Franchise it might be better to add to the existing wiki on Jurassic Park. Rather than have many smaller wikis on a series it is best to have one large one to help with search results, and allow readers to find what they are looking for rather than jump though may different sites that may not even appear in search results so double good news in that this wiki that would have duplicate content can be closed (contact staff as only they can close a wiki) and the Jurassic Park Wiki is all good to add to.

2) The Good Dinosaur Wiki, This Building a Community may be of help, the best way is to develop the wiki yourself to show the direction it is to take, with that clear people will find it easier to create articles. The more developed a wiki the higher it will appear in search results A) for people to find B) hopefully contribute! So really just a case of choosing a design for it, developing the main page and adding articles with detailed info.

Loading editor
    • The problem is that I'm blocked from Jurassic Park wiki by CrashBash. For unknown reason he blocked Fandom user just because they added a category called Dinosaurs for Triceratops, Spinosaurus, Amargasaurus, Allosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Troodon, Edmontosaurus, and many others that are dinosaurs.

Loading editor
    • Vazqjose1994 wrote:
      The problem is that I'm blocked from Jurassic Park wiki by CrashBash. For unknown reason he blocked Fandom user just because they added a category called Dinosaurs for Triceratops, Spinosaurus, Amargasaurus, Allosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Troodon, Edmontosaurus, and many others that are dinosaurs.

Is there another Jurassic Park Wiki than this one? You are able to edit that one. As for another, possibly individual movie related Jurassic Wiki, as before explain the situation to the admin here on community Central and look to getting unblocked to edit well.

Loading editor
    • But it said that I'm blocked from Jurassic Park wiki.

Loading editor
    • Are you able to provide a link to where you are blocked? The one I linked shows you have not been on that Jurassic Park Wiki.

S3r0-Ph1i wrote: As for another, possibly individual movie related Jurassic Wiki, as before explain the situation to the admin here on community Central and look to getting unblocked to edit well.
        Loading editor
    • For now I need help on adding more galleries for Jurassic Park franchise wiki. I'm not so sure about duplicating another Jurassic Park wiki if it is already made and erasing both Jurassic Park wiki and Jurassic Park franchise wiki.

Loading editor
    • <gallery>
      (image names are in between!)
      </gallery>

To make an image gallery

The Special:MultipleUpload is helpful if you are not already aware of it.

Ask if the larger wiki has any pages that can benefit from image galleries and stick to the established wiki, duplicating content is not helpful for anyone involved after all.

Loading editor
    • I typed  but nothing happen.

Maybe I need more users on Jurassic Park franchise wiki for the moment. 

Loading editor
    • Like so! Seen in source mode (choose Edit, then choose the three horizontal bars next to 'Cancel') it looks like this:

== Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom toys ==
      <gallery>
      Screenshot 2019-04-15-23-06-16.png
      </gallery>

Loading editor
    • Thanks for the tip.

I need help on the theme to place a Jurassic Park logo for Jurassic Park franchise wiki.

Loading editor
    • Okay so with the gallery problem good to see that you found the great thing about them is that you can condense the code. The [[File and measurements are useful for stand alone images on an article such as ones placed in a story section. A gallery has them all together so it’s not needed!

As I mentioned here try creating image galleries on wikis where you are not banned and do not make things harder for you to return to wikis you are banned on make things easier instead. Make amends for wrongdoings, adhere to the rules that are there for a reason, work well with others. Everyone is there to take part and enjoy themselves making a wiki better after all.

The Jurassic Park Wiki of which only one is required already features a logo, yet there are many, many series that do not have wikis if you would like to create them and have nice logos for them! 

Loading editor
    • Besides the other SayuriDarling block me and telling me to make another Jurassic Park wiki despite how it is already been made.

How am I supposed to erase the duplicate or Jurassic Park wiki?

Loading editor
    • Any new wiki can be a good testing ground if you are practising learning new areas. The Community Creation Policy has a good area on why long term duplicate wikis are not too helpful though.

To erase the duplicate Jurassic Park Franchise Wiki you can use the new request form or by emailing:

community@wikia.com

With a message along the lines of: this is a duplicate wiki of an established one with identical content, please close it.

That's it! It is doing the right thing and a step in the best direction of returning to the wikis where you are currently banned so well done!

Loading editor
    • Of course and but right now I prefer to unblock from Jurassic Park wiki and I also want to place Jurassic Park logo next to Jurassic Park franchise wiki.

Loading editor
    • Further patience, you have taken the good first step. If you were looking after a wiki and someone had unitentionally caused some trouble would you feel it was fine to invite them back right away without being certain the behaviour had been improved? 

This Jurassic Park Franchise duplicate wiki is the one that is best sent to staff members to close. That way you could show the wikis you are currently banned on that you do not want to duplicate content, neither go off on that path. It would be in your favour to show that you would like to join again.

Another idea, perhaps you may enjoy editing some other wikis, there are certainly various ones to choose from! Not only may you like it, it is also a way to demonstrate that your editing and conflict resoltion abilities are better.

Loading editor
    • Well the truth is that the user CrashBash would not listen to the evidences like there is a toy head of Amargasaurus and Brachiosaurus for Jurassic World Hero Mashers but he erased it for nothing.

But let me know if I am unblock from Jurassic Park wiki and have CrashBash to leave me and my editing alone.

Loading editor
    • Did you explain in an article talk page, message wall or other user area on how your additions were useful, and was it done in a civil manner? You would be surprised and how many people uncouthly demand to have their way and it can be off-putting to some, more so when the content is debatable.

Just focus on making nice edits elsewhere for now and if they are the best there will not be a cause for concern from others.

Loading editor
    • But I was also hoping that the other users would have tried to add a gallery to my information.

Loading editor
    • That is a plus side, you are able to make galleries how you think they would look best!

As for group activities might be sensible to find a wiki where you could work together with others, like you prepare the information and others add galleries or something, that might be nice.

Loading editor
    • Alright let me know that I am unblock from Jurassic Park wiki.

Loading editor
    • community wiki

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.