FANDOM


  • Mendes2
    Mendes2 closed this thread because:
    Necroposting
    22:31, August 6, 2019

    But, it is too difficult to get this feature to change in search results on your wiki. So, you might need a lot of content to get the | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to the - Fandom in your wiki's search results.

      Loading editor
    • I don't understand what you are saying, but can you specify where exactly you are seeing "FANDOM Powered by Wikia"? Is this on a mobile device?

        Loading editor
    • Some wikis got - Fandom instead of | FANDOM Powered by Wikia. Sometimes our wikis might get that if you have over 50 - 100 pages, but we will see. If not, contact Fandom Staff to change the | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom on your wiki's homepage in Google search results.

        Loading editor
    • Ahh, this is in Google search results... that's very different from wiki search results.

      It seems that what Google search shows isn't consistent...

      Google search results-Fandom-vs-FANDOMpowered

        Loading editor
    • Yes, I know that. But, our Packin' Profit Wiki haven't got - Fandom in homepage results in Google. But, sadly it only got to | FANDOM powered by Wikia bit. If not, try adding more content and or contact Fandom Staff to see if that your wiki changes to - Fandom bit in Google results.

        Loading editor
    • Bloons Wiki has - Fandom and sitelinks in Google results.

      https://bloons.fandom.com/wiki/

      w:c:bloons

      Packin' Profit Wiki doesn't have - Fandom in Google results.

      https://packinprofit.fandom.com/wiki/

      w:c:packinprofit

      Welcome to the Game Wikia got - Fandom in Google results.

      https://welcometothegame.fandom.com/wiki/

      w:c:welcometothegame

      And Game of Thrones Wiki does have - Fandom in Google results.

      https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/

      w:c:gameofthrones

      The other wikis got - Fandom expect the Packin' Profit Wiki. Why my Packin' Profit Wiki doesn't have - Fandom in Google results? My wiki's homepage doesn't show - Fandom because it is | FANDOM powered by Wikia. Someone got ideas to change the | FANDOM powered by Wikia to - Fandom on my Packin' Profit Wiki?

        Loading editor
    • What difference does this make?

        Loading editor
    • Ivy356 wrote:
      Bloons Wiki has - Fandom and sitelinks in Google results.

      https://bloons.fandom.com/wiki/

      w:c:bloons

      Packin' Profit Wiki doesn't have - Fandom in Google results.

      https://packinprofit.fandom.com/wiki/

      w:c:packinprofit

      Welcome to the Game Wikia got - Fandom in Google results.

      https://welcometothegame.fandom.com/wiki/

      w:c:welcometothegame

      And Game of Thrones Wiki does have - Fandom in Google results.

      https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/

      w:c:gameofthrones

      The other wikis got - Fandom expect the Packin' Profit Wiki. Why my Packin' Profit Wiki doesn't have - Fandom in Google results? My wiki's homepage doesn't show - Fandom because it is | FANDOM powered by Wikia. Someone got ideas to change the | FANDOM powered by Wikia to - Fandom on my Packin' Profit Wiki?

      Ivy said that the wikis have - Fandom in the results. And one of the wiki's might have not get - Fandom because it is only | FANDOM Powered by Wikia.

        Loading editor
    • OK, the results that Ivy said is the wiki's list with - Fandom in it.

        Loading editor
    • I want this to happen in my wiki! Please do it!

        Loading editor
    • Sorry, you might help in getting - Fandom to | FANDOM Powered by Wikia on your wiki. And, try contacting Fandom Staff to ask them to edit your wiki's | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom like other wiki's homepages in results.

        Loading editor
    • That is not a correct solution, nor will it change anything (those templates don't even exist here). There is nothing we can do as users to influence the indexing of Google search results, be it in name or otherwise, nor can we guarantee raising a wiki's ranking in search results.

      I understand you may be trying to be helpful, but let's not mislead others please. If you have any further questions about search ranking and SEO, I suggest you direct them to staff.

        Loading editor
    • Our new community will need to be changed to - Fandom in the results.

      • Find your wiki you created and added content.
      • Add over 100 pages so you get - Fandom in results on your wiki homepage.
      • Don't forget to add links, update pages and more in your wiki. If you want to get - Fandom, then contact Fandom Staff to add your community page and other features to have a chance to get - Fandom in results.
      • If all conditions are done, your wiki's homepage | FANDOM Powered by Wikia will replace to - Fandom. Oh yeah! If not appearing after all conditions are done, contact Fandom Staff immediately.
        Loading editor
    • I still don't understand what difference this makes.

        Loading editor
    • We need - Fandom in results and replacing the | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom in results.

        Loading editor
    • Still doesn't answer my question, but okay.

        Loading editor
    • Keanu246 wrote:

      We need - Fandom in results and replacing the | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom in results.

      Have you tried to contact FANDOM staff for something like this yet? If so, what did they say?

        Loading editor
    • They said you need 50 pages or more to do it.

        Loading editor
    • Strange, but at least they have some criteria.

        Loading editor
    • How to get | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom. My power of science to change this to this. It's not rocket science, but it is special.

      How to get - Fandom

      Okay, you found the right person to power up the wiki. And reasons that you may get - Fandom on your wiki homepage results:

      • Getting 50 pages or more
      • Improve content to your wiki pages including your homepage
      • And add links, pictures and more to improve results of your wiki's homepage to swap with - Fandom instead of | FANDOM Powered by Wikia.

      How it works

      Adding over 100 pages means it will be sitelinks and - Fandom in homepage results. Like SEO, but your wiki needs | FANDOM Powered by Wikia if you opened your wiki. And more content and pages, means - Fandom in results!

      Information to get it

      Don't add silly or unusual content on your wiki pages.

      And adding a poll like this:

      How can you get - Fandom in results?
       
      3
       
      2
       
      1
       
      0
       

      The poll was created at 22:16 on May 19, 2019, and so far 6 people voted.

      Trivia

      • Add 50 pages or more, and add more content to your wiki homepage including videos, pictures, links and more. If you get the conditions correct, then contact Fandom Staff to fix | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom to get your wiki homepage right. And so on.
        Loading editor
    • Interesting. I agree with Fandyllic. It seems odd to have criteria for this. I would be really interested in hearing their logic for this.

        Loading editor
    • I know that. You made a poll in the thread forum into the | FANDOM powered by Wikia to - Fandom

        Loading editor
    • Yes. SEO and getting | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom will be a hard job to get it. Conditions required to get that - Fandom on results:

      • Get a keyword with "Wiki" in it for your wiki in Google search results.
      • Add some content to improve to get - Fandom for it
      • And fix your wiki homepage and try adding more pages. It's worth it!
        Loading editor
    • Keanu246 wrote:
      How to get | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom. My power of science to change this to this. It's not rocket science, but it is special.

      How to get - Fandom

      Okay, you found the right person to power up the wiki. And reasons that you may get - Fandom on your wiki homepage results:

      • Getting 50 pages or more
      • Improve content to your wiki pages including your homepage
      • And add links, pictures and more to improve results of your wiki's homepage to swap with - Fandom instead of | FANDOM Powered by Wikia.

      How it works

      Adding over 100 pages means it will be sitelinks and - Fandom in homepage results. Like SEO, but your wiki needs | FANDOM Powered by Wikia if you opened your wiki. And more content and pages, means - Fandom in results!

      Information to get it

      Don't add silly or unusual content on your wiki pages.

      And adding a poll like this:

      How can you get - Fandom in results?
       
      3
       
      2
       
      1
       
      0
       

      The poll was created at 22:16 on May 19, 2019, and so far 6 people voted.

      Trivia

      • Add 50 pages or more, and add more content to your wiki homepage including videos, pictures, links and more. If you get the conditions correct, then contact Fandom Staff to fix | FANDOM Powered by Wikia to - Fandom to get your wiki homepage right. And so on.

      Hmm, maybe it's useful Keanu246. I accepted it for my wiki community!

        Loading editor
    • If you get your community better, but the conditions to get - Fandom instead of | FANDOM Powered by Wikia on wiki's homepage results is:

      • Add 50 pages or more
      • Get a community page (if not, you need 80 pages or more)
      • Add links and videos and pictures
      • And get blogs and comments (sometimes works)

      Why you need it?

      Because not all wiki communities have - Fandom, but if you want to get it, but you need to complete the conditions to get - Fandom on your wiki.

      There is a special condition to complete to get it as well:

      • Add a lot of content, add more categories, add templates and the MediaWiki pages (if you're a admin) and also edit MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation for the community navigation button for the blog and more! Also, get the Special:Forum page by contacting Fandom Staff.
        Loading editor
    • Keanu246
      Keanu246 removed this reply because:
      Unknown.
      18:08, June 24, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Ivy356
      Ivy356 removed this reply because:
      No
      22:17, August 6, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • So, we need to get - Fandom in search results, right? But we haven't done that for 1 month ago. Let's fix it.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think you can change it. I looked through MediaWiki pages for 2 hours and didnt find any message like that. Special Contact didnt work either because Wikias too lazyto change it for my wiki. It must be something related to legal domain owning, because it's the actual title for the wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Please don't necropost.

        Loading editor
    • Fandyllic didn't bother at all to say to WHOM his reply:

      Fandyllic wrote:
      Please don't necropost.

      is supposed to be aimed at.

        Loading editor
    • Both... All.

        Loading editor
    • Oh yeah I just figured out that the distance between the replies is over 2 months, so yeah I think ur right. Sorry for joining the necroposture>

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.