FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for Fandom's code release scheduled for March 11, 2019:

• We will update the global navigation bar to adapt more smoothly to browsers of all widths. On large desktop screens, it will now make use of the entire breadth of the window. We will also fix some issues with the entertainweb logo, which only appears for German and sometimes caused the navigation bar to expand into two lines.
      Loading editor
    • The issues with the entertainweb logo, which appear on German interface language only should have been fixed before since many people complaint about it for months. Anyways, great update.

Loading editor
    • HM100 wrote: The issues with the entertainweb logo, which appear on German interface language only should have been fixed before since many people complaint about it for months. Anyways, great update.

Shall I make a temporary CSS plug-in to remove it?

Loading editor
    • Considering there's a fix for it that's coming soon, probably no need¬†:)

Loading editor
    • Alright, good to know.

Loading editor
    • Oh man, let's see it this means all new classes for the nav.

Loading editor
    • Hi, is the landing page issue with w:c links going to be fixed?

I.e. Landing page is now sending me to main page instead of Recent Changes - even though Recent Changes is selected within my preferences (and has been for years). I'm using w:c links, e.g. w:c:naruto which always sent me to Recent Changes. It worked fine prior Feb 13 update, so this bug is likely a result of that release. I brought it up then and was under the impression that it was going to be fixed.

If Wikia decided that this changed functionality is now 'correct', please let me know so I can start changing all my links to point directly to Special:RecentChanges instead of generic w:c:sitename. Thanks, janus

Loading editor
    • Janus100 wrote: Hi, is the landing page issue with w:c links going to be fixed?

I.e. Landing page is now sending me to main page instead of Recent Changes - even though Recent Changes is selected within my preferences (and has been for years). I'm using w:c links, e.g. w:c:naruto which always sent me to Recent Changes. It worked fine prior Feb 13 update, so this bug is likely a result of that release. I brought it up then and was under the impression that it was going to be fixed.

If Wikia decided that this changed functionality is now 'correct', please let me know so I can start changing all my links to point directly to Special:RecentChanges instead of generic w:c:sitename. Thanks, janus

Have you tried submitting a bug report via Special:Contact/bug?

Loading editor
    • Also, the Global Nav for very small screens on German still not fixed
      9F35568A-0C4E-429C-946D-77B0A2ABCFEB

Bug persists

Loading editor
    • Perhaps fix the CC link to point to community.fandom.com rather than community.wikia.com?

Loading editor
    • Navbar XL

Oh god the global navbar looks terrible now on XL... like, whose idea was that? I keep clicking the wrong places and it's all very counterintuitive.

Loading editor
    • Also, when viewing a page on mobile with the Oasis skin, the "Video" tab is misaligned and the "Wikis" dropdown is obscured

Loading editor
    • What will happen to templates of {{w:}}?

Loading editor
    • Bug ticket(s) have been filed for the break in interwiki CC templates

Loading editor
    • Miss the days when an update came with a detailed CSS report.

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote: Miss the days when an update came with a detailed CSS report.

report.wikia.net redirects to wikia.com/explore as well so yes you can no longer see a detailed CSS report. ;(

Loading editor
    • Out of curiosity, is the HTML tree changing or just the sizing?

Loading editor
    • I wish there was a way to change it back to the old one.

Loading editor
    • Custom CSS might do it.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Out of curiosity, is the HTML tree changing or just the sizing?

Both

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Custom CSS might do it.

Can you show me the CSS?

Loading editor
    • Too bad. Guess I'll need to rework some things.

I don't have the time right now but will post it when I do. Or perhaps someone else will beat me to it; we will see.

Loading editor
    • This is what I'm using:

.wds-global-navigation-wrapper .wds-global-navigation { 
               padding: 0 260px
        }

To force the search bar to take up the full width of the empty space, you can use:

.wds-global-navigation__search-container {
      	flex: content;
      	margin-right: 13px;
      }
        Loading editor
    • RickGT wrote:
      This is what I'm using:
        }

To force the search bar to take up the full width of the empty space, you can use:

}

Is it CSS or JS?

Loading editor
    • RickGT wrote: This is what I'm using:

}

}

Good but it won't work for any screen size

Loading editor
    • Well no, the px units would need to be tailored to a user's specific screen size. This is just what I am currently using on my PC

Loading editor
    • Rick, is it CSS or JS? I really need it.

Loading editor
    • Put it in your global.css

Loading editor
    • You could try using relative units. For example, you could set it to a certain percent of your screen width.

CSS Units

Loading editor
    • Yeah. I am one of those who didn't expect the new above bar. I also agree that now it looks very annoying, especially when it uses up ALL of the screen.

Loading editor
    • The new navbar is too short for users on big desktop computers. It needs to be enlarge for them.

Loading editor
    • I am definitely not satisfied with this update. Though that's mostly because it's given me more work with patching up the damage that it has inflicted on this stylesheet. Once the damage has been fixed up, then I'll be able to forget about these changes.

Loading editor
    • What about ChromeOS??!

Loading editor
    • IsaiahScribblenauts wrote: What about ChromeOS??!

What about it?

Loading editor
    • It likes to screw up the text placement when a wiki has a wordmark

Loading editor
    • IsaiahScribblenauts wrote: It likes to screw up the text placement when a wiki has a wordmark

Contact staff via Special:Contact.

Loading editor
    • Also has anyone else noticed how signature templates have stopped working? Here's one example that shows the site failing to fetch the signature template, forcing me to have to manually insert the code.

Loading editor
    • That's cache related, due to the domain migration on Community Central, and should clear up tomorrow.

Loading editor
    • Sophiedp wrote:

No, since a staff member said he's bringing the issue to the team, I was under the impression that the issue is reported.

Loading editor
    • Janus100 wrote:

Sophiedp wrote:

No, since a staff member said he's bringing the issue to the team, I was under the impression that the issue is reported.

That was from a while ago, you might want to send in a S:C to remind them about it.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote: Also has anyone else noticed how signature templates have stopped working? Here's one example that shows the site failing to fetch the signature template, forcing me to have to manually insert the code.

A side note, global templates should not be used as signatures, they can cause unnecessary strain to the server. It's recommended to create a signature template (in a User subpage) on the wiki you're editing on instead.

Loading editor
    • Noreplyz wrote:

C.Syde65 wrote: Also has anyone else noticed how signature templates have stopped working? Here's one example that shows the site failing to fetch the signature template, forcing me to have to manually insert the code.

A side note, global templates should not be used as signatures, they can cause unnecessary strain to the server. It's recommended to create a signature template (in a User subpage) on the wiki you're editing on instead.

Or subsut the template, that way you don't have to create a subpage on every wiki you go to.

Loading editor
    • My signature template is substituted. Also it would be rather irritating to have to create a signature template for every wiki that I go to. It would mean unnecessary updates to every wiki with my signature template saved. Not to mention the possibility of admins or content mods deleting the template for showing up as an unused template. The reason I use a global template for my signature is because my signature is too long to fit inside the signature box in Special:Preferences.

Loading editor
    • Signature novice here... What is it that using a template allows you to do? I thought signature could handle MediaWiki markup so why do you need a template?

Also, I think there may be a larger issue with interwiki links; at least for newer wikis without a redirect on wikia.com.

Loading editor
    • I don't use a global signature template, because then I know immediately if I haven't really done anything on a wiki. Also, I like having a different sig on each wiki, even if many of them are just the same.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Signature novice here... What is it that using a template allows you to do? I thought signature could handle MediaWiki markup so why do you need a template?

I don't use them personally, but I think it's to save space when you have a complicated signature. A simple template call + a timestamp takes less space on the source editor's screen than an elaborate custom sig with many divs and spans.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.