FANDOM

• Brandon Rhea
    Brandon Rhea closed this thread because:
    Unnecessarily hostile thread
    20:27, February 12, 2019

Because Fandyllic deletes discussions if it doesn't go entirely his way, I thought I'd post a more community-minded follow-up. The question is, specifically, what do you want to see happen as a result of the Curse Media LLC acquisition by Wikia, Inc.? Particularly as I think we've focused a lot in the past six weeks on what we do not want to see happen it's hard to realise that such an undertaking could ultimately prove to be a good thing.

Loading editor
    • Although I agree with starting a new thread about the positives of the Fandom/Curse merge, I don't think passive-aggressively attacking another user is a good way to start it. In case you haven't noticed, the thread is still open, and apart from a squabble with another user, I don't see any meaningful replies being deleted. In fact, there are several good points and rebuttals made there.

My opinion on the merge is quite simple, having been part of a merger myself at my workplace. Overall, the best minds from two groups come together, and despite outward appearances at first, have almost always benefitted their respective clients/communities in the long term. Fandom has attracted a lot of heat recently because of this announcement, but once the initial complaining and other fires have been put out, the community will eventually start to realise the positive contributions a merger will have

EDIT: While the thread in question was open at the time of the original comment, it has been closed now

Loading editor
    • Yup, I'm the bad guy.

TTF, you sure are upset for someone who had one short comment on a thread that was around over a week, before you commented. Also, my thread wasn't primarily about the Curse acquisition and only mentioned by me (3 times), Brandon, and S3r0-Ph1i. Even you didn't mention it.

Loading editor
    • TwoTailedFox wrote:
      The question is, specifically, what do you want to see happen as a result of the Curse Media LLC acquisition by Wikia, Inc.? 

More staff members to help.

Also for them to provide the help they say they will provide

and take part in communities like they announce they want to.

This transition period has seen a reduced amount of staff stretched which certainty isn’t fair on them. So yes the new people from Curse Media helping like with Fandoms new direction would be nice. Certainly on Special Contact with technical stuff would be really handy, whichever makes things efficient and fun all round, can’t go wrong there!

Loading editor
    • Since this is about the Curse thing... all of you might want to read this discussion on Gamepedia. Also note that I believe people with the PRO tag are actually Curse employees. Keep that in mind.

Loading editor
    • MACH-59330
      MACH-59330 removed this reply because:
      Violation of Fandom Community Guidelines (name calling)
      03:54, February 12, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Please remain respectful of other users on Community Central, and avoid any name calling in your replies.

EDIT: Per discussion on my wall, I think this reflects the thread in general, and no individual user. I've also corrected the guidelines link in my message.

Loading editor
    • People with the Pro tag are not necessarily employees. Frequent editors receive Pro status for their contributions, and that threshold is actually fairly low. Because of the nature of our jobs and the fact that the system does not discriminate between users and staff, we also get Pro.

Loading editor
    • So can you clarify who is an employee and who isn't in the linked discussion above or is that a secret?

Loading editor
    • no secrets. I am an employee, Pcj is an employee, TwoTailedFox is not (nor are any of the other contributors i can see on that Wowpedia discussion). If you look at our profiles on a Gamepedia wiki, you can see that staff have the additional "Gamepedia Staff" badge

Loading editor
    • So do comments in that discussion represent Curse Media positions or individual positions? Usually company employees make that clear.

Loading editor
    • I haven't participated in that discussion, so i can't say. My guess would be that it's the opinions of the contributors to that wiki.

Loading editor
    • You don't need to participate in the discussion, you just need to read it. You shouldn't have to guess.

Loading editor
    • And you shouldn't be hounding new staff members for answers to questions that the imaginary gremlins in your head want answers to. Especially when we both know that you wouldn't be caught dead saying the same to an established Fandom member of staff.

Grow up, and kindly confine your contributions to places where you'll actually be useful.

Loading editor
    • Speedit wrote:
      @S3r0-Ph1i: please remain respectful of other users on Community Central, and avoid any name calling in your replies.

Calling someone "stroppy" when they are acting stroppy. It's not name calling rather calling it what it is but fine not even as light teasing, not relevant to the post that is fine.  Well done for keeping an eye out for disrespectful behaviour.

You have missed a few, indeed there is some in this thread you need to remove namely this response:

Fandyllic wrote:

TTF, you sure are upset for someone who had one short comment on a thread that was around over a week, before you commented.

Though my remark was a joke, this is plain rude to depict TTF as overly sensitive, and then mock them for it. Patronising to people who really are sensitive (being sensitive is not a bad thing) against community guidelines since it’s not constructive, nor relevant to this thread.

Everything in this message is set to be removed since it’s not relevant to TTF’s post of which I want to keep track of positive developments. Everything including Fandyllic’s replies, can’t overlook that now.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: So do comments in that discussion represent Curse Media positions or individual positions? Usually company employees make that clear.

The only employee participating in the linked discussion is pcj. He only added additional information or made a short summary. He stayed mostly neutral in his posts. It's obvious that his posts are from a long-time Wowpedia editor perspective while he tried to stay out of the discussion because his position as staff to prevent a conflict of interest.

You don't need to be staff to get to this result, just actually read the discussion before complaining!

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021
      Andrewds1021 removed this reply because:
      misread a prior comment
      20:28, February 12, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • TwoTailedFox is not a staff member, which was explicitly stated earlier in this thread.

This entire thread is needlessly hostile, particularly directed toward Gamepedia's staff earlier. I'm all for there being a conversation about what people want to see from a new way of doing things, but this ain't it.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.