FANDOM

• There is a image that someone has posted that they haven't uploaded correctly. This results in the image thumbnail not appearing on the webpage it is placed on, with the image file saying "Error creating thumbnail: Invalid thumbnail parameters". It will still display the original image if you click on said link, but the thumbnail is a no go.

Now, I want to fix this, or at least get someone who can. Is there anyone who knows how to do so and could teach me how to correct it? If you can, please tell me and be as detailed as possible about the process: I have not done this before.

Thank you, hope to hear from someone soon.

Loading editor
    • By default, MediaWiki has a maximum image dimension in pixels to allow before thumbnail generation breaks and the file can't be uploaded. I believe the current maximum dimensions are 3500×3500. The full sized image on that link is 7720 X 4409. I'd recommend resizing the image to 25%, which should still upload a fairly generously large image while getting under that thumbnail limit.

Loading editor
    • Anonminati wrote:
      By default, MediaWiki has a maximum image dimension in pixels to allow before thumbnail generation breaks and the file can't be uploaded. I believe the current maximum dimensions are 3500×3500. The full sized image on that link is 7720 X 4409. I'd recommend resizing the image to 25%, which should still upload a fairly generously large image while getting under that thumbnail limit.

Okay, but how? How do I resise the image? I'm uploading a version of the original file that I saved onto my computer, but I still don't know how to resize to an acceptable size.

So if you could please explain to me the process.

Loading editor
    • You can resize your images from here.

Loading editor
    • Anonminati wrote:
      You can resize your images from here.

Thank you, but it keeps saying "Failed to upload. Invalid file type or image dimension." so I can't edit it or upload it.

Bloody hell, what did this Kimkimkun123 do?? Or is this problem on my end?

Loading editor
    • Ummm... is there a link to the image in question? Without it, the above suggestions are just guesses.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      Ummm... is there a link to the image in question? Without it, the above suggestions are just guesses.

https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/File:Femc_and_saber_nero.jpeg

That one, and obviously you can click original file to view the image proper.

Loading editor
    • I downloaded the original, scaled it to 2441w by 3500h, and uploaded the scaled down version to: File:Femc_and_saber_nero-2441x3500.jpg.

The thumbnail renders for the smaller version.

BTW, I love watching Chaldea Radio Station on Youtube with Rie Takahashi (Mashu) and Minami Tanaka (Ortlinde), even though I don't even play FGO!

Loading editor
    • I have nothing but gratitude for you, Fandyllic. With you file, I was able to fix the image on the webpage! Just thank you.

And thank you too, Anonminati. You were a big help as well.

This request has been solved!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.