FANDOM

• Over at The School for Good and Evil Wiki, I imported a Google font named "Cardo", and I followed these steps and partially changed the font of the wiki.

The wiki header, the page names, the history, everything except for the page body, is in the Cardo font. The rest of the page (the page body) is in the Century Gothic font, if I'm not mistaken.

Is there something wrong I did with the Wikia CSS and/or the Common CSS? Why did the font of, if not the entire, but most of the wiki not become Cardo?

Loading editor
    • Wikia.css has:

.WikiaArticle {
       font-family: Century Gothic; /* This changes the text in the content space only */
      }

That is overriding your intended font change. To understand way, I suggest you read this page on CSS specificity.

Edit:

Also, your current selector is not good as you are bound to be violating the customization policy.

Loading editor
    • What's a selector? Sorry, I'm not that well-versed in CSS jargon and all that stuff.

Loading editor
    • Also, please explain what I did to violate the policy and what I could do to NOT violate any policy.

Loading editor
    • You are using html body on your common.css page, which will change the font on the entire page to your selected design. As per the customisation policy...

"Most notably the global navigation bar (top) and the footer at the bottom of every page. This is the basic framework of the site, containing useful links for all types of visitors, and must retain a consistent appearance across the network. You also may not change the color or formatting of the FANDOM logo."

... you may not change anything regarding the styling of the top navigation bar.

Loading editor
    • RickGT wrote: You are using html body on your common.css page, which will change the font on the entire page to your selected design. As per the customisation policy...

"Most notably the global navigation bar (top) and the footer at the bottom of every page. This is the basic framework of the site, containing useful links for all types of visitors, and must retain a consistent appearance across the network. You also may not change the color or formatting of the FANDOM logo."

... you may not change anything regarding the styling of the top navigation bar.

I just copied the code from the thread I linked above, which was given by a staff member, and I really don't know what to do from this point. What would be the alternative? If there is already a thread that answered that, could you link me to it? Thanks.

Loading editor
    • Actually, can I maybe use the code Andrewds1021 highlighted above??

Loading editor
    • That thread is 6 years old at this point, I would recommend using Andrew's code above

Loading editor
    • It worked, but now only the page body is in the font "Domine" (I switched it from "Cardo").

Loading editor
    • CosmotheChocobo wrote: It worked, but now only the page body is in the font "Domine" (I switched it from "Cardo").

Do you want to apply Cardo font over your whole wiki?

Loading editor
    • Use:

.WikiaPage {
      	font-family: Domine;
      	}

To change almost everything but the top header to your desired font

Loading editor
    • Hi, Anonmati, no I just stated that I switched my preference of font, if ever that detail comes in handy. RickGT, what CSS page should I put that in? Sorry, I don't really know.

Loading editor
    • Sorry, place it on your wiki's Wikia.css page

Loading editor
    • RickGT wrote: Sorry, place it on your wiki's Wikia.css page

Thank you so much. And another question: is changing the font in the bar with the wiki navigation (as opposed to the FANDOM global navigation) also a violation? If not, then how do I also change it?

Loading editor
    • Uh-oh, And also, that code you provided also affected the font of the FANDOM navigation at the bottom. How do I fix this?

Loading editor
    • CosmotheChocobo wrote:

RickGT wrote: Sorry, place it on your wiki's Wikia.css page

Thank you so much. And another question: is changing the font in the bar with the wiki navigation (as opposed to the FANDOM global navigation) also a violation? If not, then how do I also change it?

I searched and tinkered around and I fixed it (surprisingly). Now I just need help with the above question.

Loading editor
    • CosmotheChocobo wrote: Uh-oh, And also, that code you provided also affected the font of the FANDOM navigation at the bottom. How do I fix this?

I don't think that RickGT's code affected the FANDOM global navigation menu.

Loading editor
    • Anonminati wrote:

CosmotheChocobo wrote: Uh-oh, And also, that code you provided also affected the font of the FANDOM navigation at the bottom. How do I fix this?

I don't think that RickGT's code affected the FANDOM global navigation menu.

I was actually referring to the Fan Feed. My bad. But I fixed it, thankfully.

Loading editor
    • Hey guys, sorry I didn't reply. Thanks Anonminati and RickGT for taking over; I think you have said everything I would have.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.