FANDOM

• Sophiedp
    Sophiedp closed this thread because:
    Please see reply #13 for the reason.
    15:09, January 15, 2019

I maybe taking this out of proportion, but this was shown on a forum with a really... questionable user banning people for vandalisim and encourging harm upon them.

Wikia page in mind.  https://crystalsimagination.wikia.com/wiki/User:GooglistaCZ

WOuld something like this be considered harassment or encourging harm?

Loading editor
    • That user was blocked for 200 years by the admin... is there some reason you think that is wrong?

Your message was hard to understand.

Loading editor
    • Sorry, English is not my first.  As I said. I maybe taking this seriously.  It's not my wikia.  I am not sure if the admin saying the user was "killed" is a good idea. Would something something like that be considered harassment or just ignored?  Once again, sorry to ask.

Loading editor
    • You can always report it to Special:Contact/general, but I doubt it comes close to a Terms of use violation.

Loading editor
    • Thanks

Loading editor
    • No, harrassing vandals is okay, they shoudln't be treated nice.

Loading editor
    • Gilben wrote: No, harrassing vandals is okay, they shoudln't be treated nice.

Not really. Harrassment of any sort is not really an okay thing to do and I would definitely not recommend it. Harassing, responding, or giving them extra attention instead of blocking/ignoring may come under feeding the trolls.

Loading editor
    • Not what I meant. Although I don't care about responding to them, I do it anyway, it's fun to make fun of that people. And by saying that they shouldn't be harrassed you're being as wrong as the vandals. People who only dedicate their time to bug other people and ruin their work shouldn't be respected.

Loading editor
    • Don't be an example of "feeding the troll". Vandals and other malicious users usually enjoy getting reactions out of other users. It makes them feel as though they are relevant, even though their actions are not. And it can be argued that harassing a vandal because they are harassing you only brings you down to their level, which of course you don't want. Always best to ignore them, revert their "contributions" and report them to an admin and/or the VSTF.

Loading editor
    • Ugh, OK. But harrassing vandals is okay, no more discussion needed. It doesn't bring you down to their level, because I'm harrassing them for a reason.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      You can always report it to Special:Contact/general, but I doubt it comes close to a Terms of use violation.

Well as said by this user any vandals trolls etc just report them to the link above under special contact if harassing etc if suicidal best contact people you know say 911 or parants, councilor etc in that order via inactive other than expected.

I always say to users Don't feed the trolls you'll never know what'll happen alright? So be careful  next otherwise you'll never hear the end of it okay? - So you know speaking as admin like from across fandom of Pokemon so yes careful. 

Loading editor
    • Micah, I never understand what yo say. When did someone mention suicide? And what do you mean with your last quote?

Loading editor
    • This thread is now closed. Please direct any more messages to Special:Contact if you still have issues. If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, then please call 911 or your local equivalent. If you need less urgent help, there are many crisis and support lines that can give help and support to those feeling suicidal and those worried about someone else, some of which can be found on Help:SPR.

Thanks!

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.