FANDOM

• NB: This is not about the wikia.com --> fandom.com debacle.

The Last Stand Wiki had its URL quietly changed from tlaststand.wikia.com to thelaststand.wikia.com around November 30 -- it was so subtle that I didn't even notice until today. Yes, I can imagine a million reasons as to why this URL change was done, but that's not what made me angry: the thing that concerns me is that this change was done without any notification to the community whatsoever and was done without even the slightest bit of consultation prior to the matter.

I've already emailed Staff and want an explanation as to why this was done. Even with the wikia.com to fandom.com kerfuffle, community members were at least notified. Why on earth was this change done without even any notification?

Loading editor
    • Noone here is going to give you any better answer than Staff.

Loading editor
    • This shouldn't have been allowed without any notification, The url didn't even violate anything

Loading editor
    • If you haven't noticed by now, FANDOM doesn't care about community feedback until it affects their bottom line i.e. AD REVENUE

Loading editor
    • Are you sure none of the other admins submitted the request? Either way, Tupka217 is correct. Only staff would be able to actually tell you what happened.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Are you sure none of the other admins submitted the request? Either way, Tupka217 is correct. Only staff would be able to actually tell you what happened.

I got a response from Staff earlier today. There are no other active admins on the wiki aside from me, and I most certainly did not submit the request. The change was done for SEO optimization, which I can understand, but it still doesn't excuse why this was done without even notifying the community.

Loading editor
    • Newsflash! You don't own the wiki. FANDOM does. It's theirs to do whatever they like.

Loading editor
    • Qhy was it called tlaststand anyway?

Loading editor
    • As soon as Wikia becomes interested in your wiki for advertising/partnership¬†purposes, you'll lose all control over it. Just look at how the featured video rollout went.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.