FANDOM

• Hey, I'm requesting you remove the Akame ga Kill wiki wordmark from your new Akame ga Kill wikia. That is something the previous mods on my wikia created, I do not want it used elsewhere.

Loading editor
    • Hi, Thetruth963. I'm reaching out to you again as I've noticed you are still using the Akame Ga Kill! wikia wordmark. On top of this, I've seen that you're now copying content, word-for-word, directly from my wikia onto yours. An example of an article you copied: Budo on your wikia. Budo on the original wikia. You very clearly copy/pasted this article along with many others. Now besides articles, you're also copying templates from my wikia. Almost every template listed here has been taken from my wikia.

Per wikia's guidelines, you're allowed to use things like text, images, templates etc. from other wikias, but they must have proper attribution. You have neglected to give credit to the Akame Ga Kill! wikia in any way. I'm asking that you please do so for every article and template you copied as well as my wikia's wordmark. If you're unable to do this within the next two weeks, Staff will have to step in.

Loading editor
    • Sorry. I'll fix it.

Loading editor
    • You're still copying our content without attributing. Even after saying you'd "fix it."

Loading editor
    • I change it. Also, I can't attribute. I gave you some of my sources.

Loading editor
    • You posted a random link after me continuously requesting you not message me on other wikias. Sources? I don't care what it was, it wasn't attribution. You are stealing content, and you need to attribute. It's not a "please attribute for the content you stole," it's a "you MUST attribute for the content you stole per wikia's guidelines."

Loading editor
    • How?

Loading editor
    • Well, you could just write your own articles, that'd be great, but I'm sure it's not possible, yeah? Or, you could've just not got yourself blocked.

You could create a template like this and add it to each article/template that you copied content from:

This article uses content taken directly from the Akame Ga Kill! wikia.
        Loading editor
    • Hi Thetruth963, 

I noticed that you recently added another page onto your wiki that is copied from the Akame Ga Kill! Wiki and did not credit its original source.

As Munchvtec has pointed out, per Fandom's licensing requirements, you need to add a link to the wiki from which you took the content to every page and every file you copy. Every piece of copied content needs to link back to the exact page where it came from. If you don't do this, we'll have to close your wiki.

The best way to do this is to use Special:Export on the original wiki to download a file for the article you want to copy, and then to use Special:Import on your own wiki to add the article. That way, the version history is preserved and all authors are credited. If you plan on copying more content, please use this method. For content that is already on your wiki, you'll have to manually add attribution links to all copied pages (or you may set up a bot to help you with this, if you know how to do it).

Please add proper attribution to all content you have added your wiki that is copied from somewhere else. I'll check back on your wiki in two weeks to verify that it's done or that you are at least working on it and making progress.

Thanks!

Loading editor
    • How do I

Loading editor
    • The Licensing link posted above includes an example of how adding attribution can work. Munchvtec has suggested another way to do this in the post above.

If you're unable to add attribution following this advice, I'm afraid we'll still have to take the same action as if you were unwilling to comply with Fandom's Licensing terms.

As an admin of your own community, you are responsible for its content, and need to be able to implement things like this.

Loading editor
    • I will give credit then.

Loading editor
    • It's been two weeks and as far as I can see, you haven't made progress towards adding attribution to the copied pages - for example, this page is a clear copy of this page on the Akame Ga Kill! Wiki, but it doesn't credit the original source in any way.

Your wiki will be closed tomorrow unless we see a significant effort on your part to comply with our licensing policy.

Loading editor
    • Wait. I credit them on my home page.

Loading editor
    • Thetruth963 wrote:
      Wait. I credit them on my home page.

Let say that you copied the info from another site on that page. So, you need to give a direct source of where you'd been copied onto that same page. The same rule goes on every article. 

Loading editor
    • Please give me 48hours.

Loading editor
    • You need to link back to the original page for every piece of copied content, not just for your wiki as a whole, e.g. if you have an article on your wiki that is or started out as a copy from another wiki, that article itself will need to link directly to the source article. 

Crediting the source wiki as a whole on your main page is good, but it's not nearly enough. I agree to giving you 48 hours if you start adding proper attribution by tomorrow. You don't have to finish within a day, since this is quite a lot of work, but I need to be sure that you understand what's required and that you will work on this until all your pages properly credit their source, wherever they're not originals. 

If this seems overwhelming, please remember that it was your responsibilty from the founding of your wiki to know and understand Fandom's terms of use (licensing requirements included) - and that you can, of course, ask other users to help you. If you have the technical know-how or if you can get an experienced user to help you, you can set up a bot to help you add attribution templates to all pages. You can also choose to delete the copied pages and to add them back using Special:Export from the source wiki and Special:Import on your wiki - that way, every article's editing history is preserved and you don't need to do anything extra to credit the original authors. 

Loading editor
    • Please help me do that then.

Loading editor
    • I think I did it dude.

Loading editor
    • Looking at pages like ChampBulat and Lubbock, it does appear you managed to add attribution and comply with our Licensing policy at least on part of your content. Thanks!

Please continue checking all your copied pages and adding the same wherever necessary. Going forward, if you plan on copying anything else, please make sure you use the Special:Export and Special:Import pages, so you automatically credit the original authors via the edit histories that get moved over. 

Loading editor
    • Where is that, my dude?

Loading editor
    • Special:Export and Special:Import are pages you can find on every wiki. Just enter those as page titles by adding them to the URL of the wiki you're on, and you'll see. E.g. check out Special:Export right here on this wiki. 

Loading editor
    • Import wont show up on mine... well, it's gray

Loading editor
    • This is gray? This should be available so long as you have admin rights. Anyone can export pages, but only an admin can import them on a wiki. 

Loading editor
    • Yeah...idk

Loading editor
    • Out of the hundreds of articles/templates taken, credit is only given on about 40 of them. Thetruth963 was first contacted regarding this November 1st, it's now January 16th. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take to add a simple line saying where you took the articles from. It's clear they aren't going to do it for every one. Not even the majority.

Loading editor
    • Where do I put it

Loading editor
    • You've already successfully added contribution to a number of your pages. The exact same has to be done for all the other pages (except where they're actually originals). You made a good start, but you need to finish the task promptly. 

If we can find a single page left on your wiki by the end of this month that does not properly attribute to the original source, we will have to close your wiki. Please make sure you get this done. 

Loading editor
    • As far as I can tell, the job of adding attribution to the necessary pages has been completed. Unless we find evidence to the contrary, your wiki will remain open. Have fun!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.