FANDOM


  • Are you an admin or a content moderator who would like to have your wiki scanned for general errors and have them automatically fixed?

    I’ve been using AutoWikiBrowser since 2009 to scan selected wikis on our network in order to fix general errors, such as typos, misspelled words, grammar errors, punctuation errors, and wikitext errors. To see examples of these fixes, feel free to look at my bot’s contributions at God of War Wiki.

    Today, I am proud to begin offering this service for all wikis on FANDOM, as long as the request meets a few guidelines, listed below.

    • The requestor must be an admin on the wiki
    • The wiki must have at least 100 content pages
    • A wiki is not eligible to be scanned until 30 days have passed since the previous scan
    • Requests will be reviewed and completed in the order they are received

    The reason for choosing 100 as the minimum number of pages is that on a wiki with fewer than 100 pages, the admin(s) can manually review all pages within a reasonable amount of time.

    If your wiki meets those guidelines and you want your wiki to be scanned, submit your request here. A link to the request page can also be found on the navigation menu: REQUESTS > Staff help > AWB bot scan.

      Loading editor
    • First here :3

        Loading editor
    • i dont thank you for not help 

        Loading editor
    • Hello no i am not Admin i am just user of wiki ,i have problems with fandom guys,hes I described the problem.

        Loading editor
    • Oh wow!

        Loading editor
    • I am confused on the spellings, what if the word is not misspelled but it was wrong choice of the word? I mean as than and then and it's and its.

        Loading editor
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:28, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:27, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:27, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • How is this different from the regular database scanner in AWB?

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217#10
      How is this different from the regular database scanner in AWB?

      i guess, it's something similar to "request bot work" on ru.community: u don't have to learn awb, just request what u need.
        Loading editor
    • South Ferry
      South Ferry removed this reply because:
      18:50, October 5, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Dragonfly82 wrote: I am confused on the spellings, what if the word is not misspelled but it was wrong choice of the word? I mean as than and then and it's and its.

      The bot automatically fixes grammar errors such as those you mentioned: then → than, it's → its, etc.

        Loading editor
    • Is it possible to get a preview of the edits that the bot would make without it actually making them?

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: How is this different from the regular database scanner in AWB?

      I don't have experience with the database scanner, but from what I just read, it's essentially the same. The only minor difference is that this service is scanning the live wiki instead of a database dump.

        Loading editor
    • This is good. It's very hard for users to fix grammar errors on wikis that have thousands of pages, due to the sheer size of the wiki. This program will help a lot.

        Loading editor
    • How long does a scan take to be finished?

        Loading editor
    • Dragonfly82 wrote:
      How long does a scan take to be finished?

      I would assume that it depends on how many pages the wiki has.

        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: Is it possible to get a preview of the edits that the bot would make without it actually making them?

      With this service, a preview of all edits is not possible. That said, if you download AutoWikiBrowser and scan your wiki yourself, you get to preview each edit that the bot suggests when it finds something to be fixed. The edit doesn't actually happen until the user clicks the Save button.

        Loading editor
    • Wahoo

        Loading editor
    • This can once every per month, and database dumps can be requested weekly (or more often?). Which of the two requires a bigger workload on the back end?

        Loading editor
    • Will the bot fix all grammar and spelling errors, or will it just fix basic ones that you mentioned above?

        Loading editor
    • JK55556 wrote:

      Dragonfly82 wrote:
      How long does a scan take to be finished?

      I would assume that it depends on how many pages the wiki has.

      Correct. The more pages the wiki has, the longer the scan takes. Additionally, the more errors the wiki has, the longer the scan takes.

        Loading editor
    • AWB has a basic spell checker built in, and it's so annoying I turned it off. This is more of a case for, say the Game of Thrones wiki trying to find all instances of "Jamie" on the wiki so they can change it to "Jaime".

        Loading editor
    • Will it scan the Message Walls and Forums etc?

        Loading editor
    • Dragonfly82 wrote: Will it scan the Message Walls and Forums etc?

      No. The scan will include all pages in the main namespace.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay wrote:

      JK55556 wrote:

      Dragonfly82 wrote:
      How long does a scan take to be finished?

      I would assume that it depends on how many pages the wiki has.

      Correct. The more pages the wiki has, the longer the scan takes. Additionally, the more errors the wiki has, the longer the scan takes.

      Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Days? Will the editors be banned from the wiki during the scan?

        Loading editor
    • Some names are unique and not counted as words, so as a result, they show up as incorrect. Will the scan correct these?

      And will the page change British English to American English or vice versa?

        Loading editor
    • How did I get here 

        Loading editor
    • Darkangel13467 wrote: How did I get here 

      You clicked a button and you got on here.

        Loading editor
    • May you do this only on requested namespaces (e.g. custom namespaces) or take any other unique requests for this scan?

        Loading editor
    • Understood.

        Loading editor
    • That's good!

        Loading editor
    • Darkangel13467 wrote: How did I get here 

      Because JoePlay highlighted this thread. That's why all wikians are getting notification of this thread.

        Loading editor
    • Anonminati wrote:

      Darkangel13467 wrote: How did I get here 

      Because JoePlay highlighted this thread. That's why all wikians are getting notification of this thread.

      It would had been more strange if Wikipedians started coming over here.

        Loading editor
    • i was here to m8s

        Loading editor
    • Dragonfly82 wrote:

      JoePlay wrote:

      JK55556 wrote:

      Dragonfly82 wrote:
      How long does a scan take to be finished?

      I would assume that it depends on how many pages the wiki has.

      Correct. The more pages the wiki has, the longer the scan takes. Additionally, the more errors the wiki has, the longer the scan takes.

      Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Days? Will the editors be banned from the wiki during the scan?

      In most cases, the scan should take 15-30 minutes. Very large wikis will obviously take longer. The wiki can be edited normally while the scan is happening.

        Loading editor
    • JK55556 wrote: Some names are unique and not counted as words, so as a result, they show up as incorrect. Will the scan correct these?

      And will the page change British English to American English or vice versa?

      If your wiki has unique names that you think might be incorrectly changed by the bot, please add a note to your request. As for American/British English, the bot does not make this kind of change.

        Loading editor
    • Understood.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay wrote:

      Qstlijku wrote: Is it possible to get a preview of the edits that the bot would make without it actually making them?

      With this service, a preview of all edits is not possible. That said, if you download AutoWikiBrowser and scan your wiki yourself, you get to preview each edit that the bot suggests when it finds something to be fixed. The edit doesn't actually happen until the user clicks the Save button.

      I'd prefer this option of downloading the program or making this available to admins/bureaucrats to be able to do this ourselves and then be able to review the edits before making the wholesale changes. How do we go about getting this?

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • No thank you. Nice of you to offer however. Good luck!

        Loading editor
    • Does this mean AWB works on Wikia again? It hadn't for awhile which forced me to put off some projects.

        Loading editor
    • Darkanine wrote: Does this mean AWB works on Wikia again? It hadn't for awhile which forced me to put off some projects.

      Yes, AWB is working again. Be sure to download version 6.0.0.1.

        Loading editor
    • what is this?

        Loading editor
    • No thanks I don't feel that's necessary. I spell check and review my own writings. But thanks.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:40, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Can we add other namespaces to the scan besides the main one? On WoWWiki, a main namespace only scan would miss all the quests.

        Loading editor
    • So does the statement "A wiki is not eligible to be scanned until 30 days have passed since the previous scan" only apply to that wiki, so if a wiki gets scanned, only that wiki must wait 30 days for another scan?

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay  Thank You Very Much !!

        Loading editor
    • Matthew Cenance wrote: So does the statement "A wiki is not eligible to be scanned until 30 days have passed since the previous scan" only apply to that wiki, so if a wiki gets scanned, only that wiki must wait 30 days for another scan?

      Yes, of course. (How else can you interpret it? They'll only scan one wiki per month?)

        Loading editor
    • I have to admit, looking at the edits made on the God of War wiki, the bot's accuracy is pretty impressive, even in some complex situations. Take this edit, for example. Some highlights:

      • Changed both "reverts back" and "return back" to "reverts" and "return", respectively.
      • Changed "between 6 to 7 feet" to "between 6 and 7 feet".
      • "where" => "were", correct from context.
      • Noticed that [[Courtyard of Atropos|Courtyard of Atropos.]] could be rewritten as simply [[Courtyard of Atropos]].

      Basically all the rest of the edits were spelling fixes and formatting, all correct. (Though you could maybe argue that removing spaces around the pipe character in a wikilink isn't strictly necessary.)

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay wrote:

      To see examples of these fixes, feel free to look at my bot’s contributions at God of War Wiki.

      Looking at that, I notice that all edits to the end of 2013 (after which there's a large gap) are set as minor edits, but after they resume in May of this year nothing is marked as a minor edit. Is that just a switch in the bot config or something, either mark all edits minor or don't?

        Loading editor
    • So my account will be canceled?

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:40, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • This is really interesting. I'm sure many wikis will benefit from it!

        Loading editor
    • Agreed

        Loading editor
    • Yea!

        Loading editor
    • I don't get it why am I here

        Loading editor
    • OnlyKacchan wrote: I don't get it why am I here

      I'm here because I saw this announcement

        Loading editor
    • It's because JoePlay highlighted this thread, and it got to ur notifications.

        Loading editor
    • X9 The Android wrote: So my account will be canceled?

      um, what?

        Loading editor
    • I assumed

        Loading editor
    • FloraIsVerryAwesome18 wrote: It's because JoePlay highlighted this thread, and it got to ur notifications.

      exactly lol

        Loading editor
    • Wouldn't it be better to make a blog for this service?

        Loading editor
    • Cool

        Loading editor
    • I'm french ...

        Loading editor
    • English is not my first languages but, usually, Grammarly picks up on any typos I make.

        Loading editor
    • Ok ! ;)  Finally I understood the JoePly's message and I think it's not necessary ! Thanks anyway !! 

        Loading editor
    • Coooooool

        Loading editor
    • No thanks. Thank u though.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:41, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:41, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:42, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:42, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:32, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic -- please contact the admin directly on their wall.
      03:31, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:32, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:32, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • So, if we type wikia.com/, does it redirect to fandom.com/?

        Loading editor
    • What if the word is like the name of an oc and it’s just oddly spelled, what would the bot do then?

      I mean cause take my name for instance. It’s pronounced A-kai-a and spelled Ahkia. Its not spelled wrong it’s just spelled differently.

        Loading editor
    • The bot would do whatever you tell it to do. The spell check only looks at commonly misspelled words.

        Loading editor
    • Looking for Rainbow Clubs wikia, that i created by me.

        Loading editor
    • Does this bot work on non-English wikis?

        Loading editor
    • The admins are should bot work on non-English wikis.

        Loading editor
    • Nah, are you german too Rainbowclue?

        Loading editor
    • So when will the bot start executing the requests?

        Loading editor
    • Yes.

        Loading editor
    • LoudHouseFan777 wrote: So, if we type wikia.com/, does it redirect to fandom.com/?

      Yes.

        Loading editor
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:30, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • cool step man

        Loading editor
    • i'm creating bot since i am not admin but don't ban me but the bot is not functioning until i set it up. 

        Loading editor
    • Tiffany The Cookie Eater Anderson Scribblenaut wrote:
      i'm creating bot since i am not admin but don't ban me but the bot is not functioning until i set it up. 

      plus now i'm in fandom user to create an account without the word bot but i need to do is name it TiffanyGang

        Loading editor
    • Tiffany The Cookie Eater Anderson Scribblenaut wrote: i'm creating bot since i am not admin but don't ban me but the bot is not functioning until i set it up. 

      If you're not an admin, you can't use bots, as the bot needs to be an admin too. Bots are a tool for admins, not regular users.

        Loading editor
    • All hail JoeBot our savoir!

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

      Tiffany The Cookie Eater Anderson Scribblenaut wrote: i'm creating bot since i am not admin but don't ban me but the bot is not functioning until i set it up. 

      If you're not an admin, you can't use bots, as the bot needs to be an admin too. Bots are a tool for admins, not regular users.

      but i said i'm trying to create a bot for my wiki. not others and it says wikis need be online 

        Loading editor
    • That's a known issue with AWB - you're trying to get 5.9.0.0. to work. You need to get version 6.0.0.1.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:43, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      That's a known issue with AWB - you're trying to get 5.9.0.0. to work. You need to get version 6.0.0.1.

      oh but sorry i couldn't find 6.0.0.1

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:43, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam comment
      15:43, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      That's a known issue with AWB - you're trying to get 5.9.0.0. to work. You need to get version 6.0.0.1.

      okay i have now but when i started the scan. it said no pages but they are in the list

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:44, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • I can't help you with a full tutorial on AWB; it's best to check the help pages and start a separate discussion to avoid derailing this.

        Loading editor
    • How do you become an admin?

        Loading editor
    • Good.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam comment
      15:44, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • ChitiMouse wrote:
      How do you become an admin?

      I suppose that you just ask another admin to give you admin rights and that's it. I'm planning to ask this in a Wiki where I edit for New Year ;)

        Loading editor
    • X9 The Android wrote:
      ChitiMouse wrote:
      How do you become an admin?
      I suppose that you just ask another admin to give you admin rights and that's it. I'm planning to ask this in a Wiki where I edit for New Year ;)

      Thanks! :)

        Loading editor
    • X9 The Android wrote:
      ChitiMouse wrote:
      How do you become an admin?
      I suppose that you just ask another admin to give you admin rights and that's it. I'm planning to ask this in a Wiki where I edit for New Year ;)

      Actually, I think you have to ask a beauracrat/founder in order to become an admin, not an admin.

        Loading editor
    • ChitiMouse wrote:
      X9 The Android wrote:
      ChitiMouse wrote:
      How do you become an admin?
      I suppose that you just ask another admin to give you admin rights and that's it. I'm planning to ask this in a Wiki where I edit for New Year ;)
      Thanks! :)

      And how you become bureaucrat?

        Loading editor
    • ChitiMouse wrote:
      ChitiMouse wrote:
      X9 The Android wrote:
      ChitiMouse wrote:
      How do you become an admin?
      I suppose that you just ask another admin to give you admin rights and that's it. I'm planning to ask this in a Wiki where I edit for New Year ;)
      Thanks! :)
      And how you become bureaucrat?

      You ask another beauracrat/the founder.

        Loading editor
    • I suppose that you ask permission for bureaucrat rights too, I guess.

        Loading editor
    • X9 The Android wrote:
      I suppose that you ask permission for bureaucrat rights too, I guess.

      Thanks! :)

        Loading editor
    • I think an admin can make you a chat/discussions moderator, but I'm not completely accurate about that.

        Loading editor
    • CheeseCrocker wrote:
      I think an admin can make you a chat/discussions moderator, but I'm not completely accurate about that.

      Thanks! :)

        Loading editor
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:34, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:34, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:34, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:34, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:35, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:35, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:35, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:35, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonminati wrote:

      LoudHouseFan777 wrote: So, if we type wikia.com/, does it redirect to fandom.com/?

      Yes.

      Thanks

        Loading editor
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:35, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Tupka217 wrote:

      Tiffany The Cookie Eater Anderson Scribblenaut wrote: i'm creating bot since i am not admin but don't ban me but the bot is not functioning until i set it up. 

      If you're not an admin, you can't use bots, as the bot needs to be an admin too. Bots are a tool for admins, not regular users.

      Um, what? Did I miss something? (Or am I misunderstanding something?) I requested bot approval when I wasn't an admin on the wiki my bot is approved on (though on that front I guess something could have changed since 2013, though the bot help page doesn't list changes to the approval process). The bot itself is also not an admin unless I specifically add the user right because I need it to do something that requires admin rights, and I take the right away right after. (Also, I used AWB on a different (still-not-admin) account before getting bot approval, too; most of the reason for the bot approval was honestly just to hide the bot from recent changes by default.)

        Loading editor
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:36, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:36, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:37, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:37, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:37, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:37, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:37, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Ngb96
      Ngb96 removed this reply because:
      Same
      21:57, October 7, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:45, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:37, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:38, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:38, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:38, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:38, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:38, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:38, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:39, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:39, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:39, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:39, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:39, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:40, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:40, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:40, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:40, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • This is completely unrelated to the topic of this thread?

        Loading editor
    • Merrystar
      Merrystar removed this reply because:
      off-topic
      03:40, October 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Rip. So many stinkin' comments have been deleted!

        Loading editor
    • Anyways, I've made a request for this bot on a wiki I'm admin on.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:45, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:46, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay wrote:
      Are you an admin who would like to have your wiki scanned for general errors and have them automatically fixed?

      I’ve been using AutoWikiBrowser since 2009 to scan selected wikis on our network in order to fix general errors, such as typos, misspelled words, grammar errors, punctuation errors, and wikitext errors. To see examples of these fixes, feel free to look at my bot’s contributions at God of War Wiki.

      Today, I am proud to begin offering this service for all wikis on FANDOM, as long as the request meets a few guidelines, listed below.

      • The requestor must be an admin on the wiki
      • The wiki must have at least 100 content pages
      • A wiki is not eligible to be scanned until 30 days have passed since the previous scan
      • Requests will be reviewed and completed in the order they are received

      The reason for choosing 100 as the minimum number of pages is that on a wiki with fewer than 100 pages, the admin(s) can manually review all pages within a reasonable amount of time.

      If your wiki meets those guidelines and you want your wiki to be scanned, submit your request here. A link to the request page can also be found on the navigation menu: REQUESTS > Staff help > AWB bot scan.

      yes

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:47, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:47, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to reply to unrelated comment
      15:47, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:48, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:48, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:48, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:48, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:48, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Citrusellaeditswikis wrote:

      Tupka217 wrote:

      If you're not an admin, you can't use bots, as the bot needs to be an admin too. Bots are a tool for admins, not regular users.

      Um, what? Did I miss something? (Or am I misunderstanding something?) I requested bot approval when I wasn't an admin on the wiki my bot is approved on (though on that front I guess something could have changed since 2013, though the bot help page doesn't list changes to the approval process). The bot itself is also not an admin unless I specifically add the user right because I need it to do something that requires admin rights, and I take the right away right after. (Also, I used AWB on a different (still-not-admin) account before getting bot approval, too; most of the reason for the bot approval was honestly just to hide the bot from recent changes by default.)

      Yeah, Tupka217 might be thinking only of bots that can delete and do useful stuff that admins can do, but a bot can be run as a regular user account, it just will be limited in scope.

        Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:

      Citrusellaeditswikis wrote:

      Tupka217 wrote:

      If you're not an admin, you can't use bots, as the bot needs to be an admin too. Bots are a tool for admins, not regular users.

      Um, what? Did I miss something? (Or am I misunderstanding something?) I requested bot approval when I wasn't an admin on the wiki my bot is approved on (though on that front I guess something could have changed since 2013, though the bot help page doesn't list changes to the approval process). The bot itself is also not an admin unless I specifically add the user right because I need it to do something that requires admin rights, and I take the right away right after. (Also, I used AWB on a different (still-not-admin) account before getting bot approval, too; most of the reason for the bot approval was honestly just to hide the bot from recent changes by default.)

      Yeah, Tupka217 might be thinking only of bots that can delete and do useful stuff that admins can do, but a bot can be run as a regular user account, it just will be limited in scope.

      You're right, and I have a feeling that my block expiry should be about now!

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:48, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • KING-MERA wrote: yes

      If you want to request a bot scan, you can do so at Bot scan:Requests.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:49, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:50, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anyways, back on topic: I think this is a really nice implemention and can help out wikis with a lot of grammar/spelling errors. Though, I have two suggestions:

      • Can we add an optional reason field for why a bot scan for an admin's wiki is needed?
      • Can these bot scan requests be legal for content moderators to request, too?
        Loading editor
    • Good questions... talk about a massive thread hijack. Thanks for getting back on topic.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:50, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Fandyllic wrote: Good questions... talk about a massive thread hijack. Thanks for getting back on topic.

      Honestly, if this thread wasn't highlighted in the first reason, most of the clueless casual users wouldn't have replied in here. Honestly, if announcements was used instead of highlighting in this case scenario, it would've been a better choice.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:50, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:50, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:50, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:50, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:50, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:50, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:51, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:51, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:51, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:51, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:51, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:51, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:51, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:51, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:52, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:52, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:52, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Hmm... I wonder if a CC admin should start issuing some blocks.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:52, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Someone is starting to do the bot requests now.

        Loading editor
    • Who?

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay wrote:
      Are you an admin who would like to have your wiki scanned for general errors and have them automatically fixed?

      I’ve been using AutoWikiBrowser since 2009 to scan selected wikis on our network in order to fix general errors, such as typos, misspelled words, grammar errors, punctuation errors, and wikitext errors. To see examples of these fixes, feel free to look at my bot’s contributions at God of War Wiki.

      Today, I am proud to begin offering this service for all wikis on FANDOM, as long as the request meets a few guidelines, listed below.

      • The requestor must be an admin on the wiki
      • The wiki must have at least 100 content pages
      • A wiki is not eligible to be scanned until 30 days have passed since the previous scan
      • Requests will be reviewed and completed in the order they are received

      The reason for choosing 100 as the minimum number of pages is that on a wiki with fewer than 100 pages, the admin(s) can manually review all pages within a reasonable amount of time.

      If your wiki meets those guidelines and you want your wiki to be scanned, submit your request here. A link to the request page can also be found on the navigation menu: REQUESTS > Staff help > AWB bot scan.

      Does the bot only edit wikia's with articles with really bad grammer, or can it be any wikia meeting the requirements?

        Loading editor
    • Seems like it would work on any wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Matthew Cenance wrote:
      Seems like it would work on any wiki.

      ok.

        Loading editor
    • Oh and the person left an "Adoption request" message on my wall when I actually called for a Wiki scan.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:54, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay wrote:

      Dragonfly82 wrote: Will it scan the Message Walls and Forums etc?

      No. The scan will include all pages in the main namespace.

      What if the word's are mispelled on purpose.

        Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: Can we add other namespaces to the scan besides the main one? On WoWWiki, a main namespace only scan would miss all the quests.

      Yes, it is possible to scan all pages in a specific namespace.

        Loading editor
    • Matthew Cenance wrote: So does the statement "A wiki is not eligible to be scanned until 30 days have passed since the previous scan" only apply to that wiki, so if a wiki gets scanned, only that wiki must wait 30 days for another scan?

      Correct. When your wiki is scanned, it will be eligible for another scan 30 days later.

        Loading editor
    • FeRDNYC wrote:

      JoePlay wrote:

      To see examples of these fixes, feel free to look at my bot’s contributions at God of War Wiki.

      Looking at that, I notice that all edits to the end of 2013 (after which there's a large gap) are set as minor edits, but after they resume in May of this year nothing is marked as a minor edit. Is that just a switch in the bot config or something, either mark all edits minor or don't?

      Setting all edits as minor is just a checkbox within the bot's UI. I must have had that box checked years ago, but I don't have it checked these days.

        Loading editor
    • Frozen.bus.channel wrote: Does this bot work on non-English wikis?

      I'm afraid the service is only available for English-language wikis, because the database that is used by the bot to find and fix errors is English.

        Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote: Anyways, back on topic: I think this is a really nice implemention and can help out wikis with a lot of grammar/spelling errors. Though, I have two suggestions:

      • Can we add an optional reason field for why a bot scan for an admin's wiki is needed?
      • Can these bot scan requests be legal for content moderators to request, too?

      Good questions! Yes, the bot does allow for a custom edit summary that will be applied to all edits made during the scan.

      Considering a content moderator's role on a wiki, it does make sense to allow a user with that right to submit a request for a scan, so I just updated the request page and the original post in this thread to include content moderators!

        Loading editor
    • CheeseCrocker wrote: Does the bot only edit wikia's with articles with really bad grammer, or can it be any wikia meeting the requirements?

      Any wiki that meets the guidelines can be scanned.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:57, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Thanks for all the answers JoePlay.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:58, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:58, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:58, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • The AWM scanner sounds like a great idea! Could be put into good use for some medium/large wikis I administrate.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:58, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:58, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      15:58, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:58, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:59, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:59, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:59, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:59, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      15:59, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:59, October 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Ooh. This seems like a good thing.

        Loading editor
    • _

        Loading editor
    • Matthew Cenance wrote: Oh and the person left an "Adoption request" message on my wall when I actually called for a Wiki scan.

      That was simply a mistake by me on the title of the message I left, which I just corrected. It's a force of habit, because I also review and complete adoption requests.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:06, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:44, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:44, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Fandyllic wrote: Thanks for all the answers JoePlay.

      ^

      Yeah, again, thanks for the answers, and making it elligible for content moderators to request botscan.

        Loading editor
    • Let me know, how to handle it

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:44, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:45, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:45, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:45, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      14:45, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:46, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • The first post of the thread explains the prerequisites and process for requesting the AWB run JoePlay is offering on your wiki. That's the topic of this thread, the thing we should be talking about, and how to do it.

      If you want to know how to run AWB yourself, you may want to check out the help pages or the pages on Wikipedia about AutoWikiBrowser.

        Loading editor
    • Can the bot fix misspelled image file names too?

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:46, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • How do I create a bot?

        Loading editor
    • Just ask someone.

        Loading editor
    • Ngb96 wrote:
      Just ask someone.

      AFK i created some bots anyways.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:46, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      14:46, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      14:47, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      14:47, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      14:47, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      14:47, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      14:48, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      14:48, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:48, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:48, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      14:49, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • A lot of people are continually talking about unrelated topics, like their block on another wiki that they need to appeal or let expire, or just chatting, etc. Even though they've been told to stop, told where to go to get their problem properly dealt with, probably reported by this point, and had their messages deleted a number of times. Maybe they'd stop if ignored, but I kind of doubt even that.

      BeyonderGodOmnipotent wrote: How do I create a bot?

      Help:Bots This page explains a number of things about bots including how to get the bot flag, and it has several links to things you can use to create a bot. I find that AutoWikiBrowser has a smaller learning curve for running bot tasks on, at least for my skill level. (I think Pywikibot might require Python knowledge.)

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:57, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • I am not intrested but okay 

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      14:57, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:57, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      14:58, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Ngb96
      Ngb96 removed this reply because:
      Wrong link!
      18:33, October 10, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:58, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:58, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Can the amount of off-topic replies here please slow down? This thread could be important to the other Wikis wanting to have the scan implemented.

      I think the scan is a good idea, but I need feedback from the active administrators on the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki first. I'm currently waiting for their feedback before we apply for a scan.

      Wait, does this end soon or does it last for a longer time?

        Loading editor
    • Meow2BowWow wrote:
      Can the amount of off-topic replies here please slow down? This thread could be important to the other Wikis wanting to have the scan implemented.

      I think the scan is a good idea, but I need feedback from the active administrators on the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki first. I'm currently waiting for their feedback before we apply for a scan.

      Wait, does this end soon or does it last for a longer time?

      I'm an admin from the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki, and I say... sure, I approve! ^_^ Go for it! We are going to need all the help we can get. :)

        Loading editor
    • GD Protostar wrote:

      Meow2BowWow wrote:
      Can the amount of off-topic replies here please slow down? This thread could be important to the other Wikis wanting to have the scan implemented.

      I think the scan is a good idea, but I need feedback from the active administrators on the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki first. I'm currently waiting for their feedback before we apply for a scan.

      Wait, does this end soon or does it last for a longer time?

      I'm an admin from the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki, and I say... sure, I approve! ^_^ Go for it! We are going to need all the help we can get. :)

      What the - of course you came here! XD

      Let's not reply here any more, we're on the 283rd reply and other Wikis need to ask questions about this scan here.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:58, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:59, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      14:59, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:59, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:59, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:59, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:59, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:59, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      14:59, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay wrote:
      Are you an admin or a content moderator who would like to have your wiki scanned for general errors and have them automatically fixed?

      I’ve been using AutoWikiBrowser since 2009 to scan selected wikis on our network in order to fix general errors, such as typos, misspelled words, grammar errors, punctuation errors, and wikitext errors. To see examples of these fixes, feel free to look at my bot’s contributions at God of War Wiki.

      Today, I am proud to begin offering this service for all wikis on FANDOM, as long as the request meets a few guidelines, listed below.

      • The requestor must be an admin on the wiki
      • The wiki must have at least 100 content pages
      • A wiki is not eligible to be scanned until 30 days have passed since the previous scan
      • Requests will be reviewed and completed in the ordeer they are received

      The reason for choosing 100 as the minimum number of pages is that on a wiki with fewer than 100 pages, the admin(s) can manually review all pages within a reasonable amount of time.

      If your wiki meets those guidelines and you want your wiki to be scanned, submit your request here. A link to the request page can also be found on the navigation menu: REQUESTS > Staff help > AWB bot scan.

      I have another question: What if a word on an article is misspelled on purpose? Like if there is a quote from a TV show and a character misspells something. Would it fix those too, or would it only fix typos?

        Loading editor
    • CheeseCrocker wrote:
      JoePlay wrote:
      Are you an admin or a content moderator who would like to have your wiki scanned for general errors and have them automatically fixed?

      I’ve been using AutoWikiBrowser since 2009 to scan selected wikis on our network in order to fix general errors, such as typos, misspelled words, grammar errors, punctuation errors, and wikitext errors. To see examples of these fixes, feel free to look at my bot’s contributions at God of War Wiki.

      Today, I am proud to begin offering this service for all wikis on FANDOM, as long as the request meets a few guidelines, listed below.

      • The requestor must be an admin on the wiki
      • The wiki must have at least 100 content pages
      • A wiki is not eligible to be scanned until 30 days have passed since the previous scan
      • Requests will be reviewed and completed in the ordeer they are received

      The reason for choosing 100 as the minimum number of pages is that on a wiki with fewer than 100 pages, the admin(s) can manually review all pages within a reasonable amount of time.

      If your wiki meets those guidelines and you want your wiki to be scanned, submit your request here. A link to the request page can also be found on the navigation menu: REQUESTS > Staff help > AWB bot scan.

      I have another question: What if a word on an article is misspelled on purpose? Like if there is a quote from a TV show and a character misspells something. Would it fix those too, or would it only fix typos?

      Both!

        Loading editor
    • Ngb96 wrote:

      CheeseCrocker wrote: I have another question: What if a word on an article is misspelled on purpose? Like if there is a quote from a TV show and a character misspells something. Would it fix those too, or would it only fix typos?

      Both!

      Both? Oh, that's nice. Some vandals on the GDFW keep misspelling words on purpose and it's driving the GDFW staff nuts. >.<

        Loading editor
    • Now that I think about it, it would probably be really hard to program a robot to only fix typos 

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:00, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:00, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:00, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • I think the bot should mainly be used in non-show based communities, or communities that don't have transcripts.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:01, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:01, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:01, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Can assistants request too?

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:01, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • CheeseCrocker wrote: Can assistants request too?

      Assistants? What do you mean?

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:01, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:01, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Assistants are similar to content moderators. Some wikis (most notably the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia) have this right because FANDOM used to allow customized user right requests.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:01, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Golfpecks256 wrote: Assistants are similar to content moderators. Some wikis (most notably the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia) have this right because FANDOM used to allow customized user right requests.

      That’s actually a more detailed explanation ^^

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:02, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      quote of original post with no actual comment
      15:02, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:02, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:03, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to unrelated comment
      15:03, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:03, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:03, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:03, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:03, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:03, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:03, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • I know I've been posting in this thread almost entirely just to try to redirect off-topic posters, but a part of me wonders if I should take advantage of this. (I suppose I could just run a similar process in AWB, myself, though, or I'd just be entirely on-board already.)

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:04, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      reply to spam
      15:04, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Citrusellaeditswikis wrote: I know I've been posting in this thread almost entirely just to try to redirect off-topic posters, but a part of me wonders if I should take advantage of this. (I suppose I could just run a similar process in AWB, myself, though, or I'd just be entirely on-board already.)

      These off-topic replies keep going, and it’s reaching the thread limit. Yes, report this to someone who has authority to deal with this.

        Loading editor
    • Meow2BowWow wrote:

      Citrusellaeditswikis wrote: I know I've been posting in this thread almost entirely just to try to redirect off-topic posters, but a part of me wonders if I should take advantage of this. (I suppose I could just run a similar process in AWB, myself, though, or I'd just be entirely on-board already.)

      These off-topic replies keep going, and it’s reaching the thread limit. Yes, report this to someone who has authority to deal with this.

      Unfortunately, this was due to the fact that this thread was highlighted, this giving everyone visiting in here a notification. Moreover, 90% of the people have no clue about this thread whatsoever, so yeah. That's why off-topic replies are always gonna be in this thread.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      15:04, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:04, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      15:04, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Glitter spriing wrote: Don't worry I already left a message on his wall so I should be getting a response from him soon.

      Glitter spriing is on here too? Cool.

        Loading editor
    • Cathy Boehm wrote:

      Glitter spriing wrote: Don't worry I already left a message on his wall so I should be getting a response from him soon.

      Glitter spriing is on here too? Cool.

      I hope RetroGameFan9000 restores everything from Scratchpad soon. And then, I can go back to editing.

        Loading editor
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      ot
      02:16, October 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • CheeseCrocker wrote: Can the bot fix misspelled image file names too?

      You would not want a bot to do this, because changing the spelling of the file name is renaming the file. Any page that was using the image will now display a broken link instead of the image, and you'd have to find and edit every page using the image (for every file that gets renamed) and update the name of the image to match the file's new name.

      You'd be better off going to Special:Images and manually reviewing the file names. If you see one that needs to be corrected, you can go to its file page and easily see pages using the image so that you know what pages will need to be edited and updated.

        Loading editor
    • CheeseCrocker wrote: I have another question: What if a word on an article is misspelled on purpose? Like if there is a quote from a TV show and a character misspells something. Would it fix those too, or would it only fix typos?

      When you submit a request in which you have concerns about things you don't want the bot to change, please leave a note explaining it in detail. AutoWikiBrowser is a semi-automated bot, meaning no edit is actually made until the operator (in this case, me) clicks the Save button after quickly reviewing the suggest edit(s) to the page.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      18:17, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      spam
      18:17, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Thanks

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      20:00, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      20:00, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • JoePlay
      JoePlay removed this reply because:
      unrelated to topic
      20:00, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      02:15, October 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      02:15, October 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      02:15, October 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      ot
      02:15, October 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • This thread is going way too off-topic.

        Loading editor
    • I'm just going to say this: Staff needs to stop making forum threads for this very reason and give immediate blocks and constant moderation so that it doesn't escalate.

        Loading editor
    • If off-topic conversation continues after this, I will start issuing blocks. Thanks.

        Loading editor
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      threat.
      02:18, October 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Ok
        Loading editor
    • Ok I think I Got it....
        Loading editor
    • JoePlay wrote:

      CheeseCrocker wrote: I have another question: What if a word on an article is misspelled on purpose? Like if there is a quote from a TV show and a character misspells something. Would it fix those too, or would it only fix typos?

      When you submit a request in which you have concerns about things you don't want the bot to change, please leave a note explaining it in detail. AutoWikiBrowser is a semi-automated bot, meaning no edit is actually made until the operator (in this case, me) clicks the Save button after quickly reviewing the suggest edit(s) to the page.

      That actually seems to be a pretty cool thing. The scanning bot doesn't seem to have some disadvantages at this point!

        Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote:

      JoePlay wrote:

      CheeseCrocker wrote: I have another question: What if a word on an article is misspelled on purpose? Like if there is a quote from a TV show and a character misspells something. Would it fix those too, or would it only fix typos?

      When you submit a request in which you have concerns about things you don't want the bot to change, please leave a note explaining it in detail. AutoWikiBrowser is a semi-automated bot, meaning no edit is actually made until the operator (in this case, me) clicks the Save button after quickly reviewing the suggest edit(s) to the page.
      That actually seems to be a pretty cool thing. The scanning bot doesn't seem to have some disadvantages at this point!

      True

        Loading editor
    • Jacky Redy
      Jacky Redy removed this reply because:
      Error
      04:24, October 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Please, I want you to correct my Wikia Please Yes I really need you to scan my page on the wiki

        Loading editor
    • Jacky Redy wrote: Please, I want you to correct my Wikia Please Yes I really need you to scan my page on the wiki

      The first post of the thread tells you how to request/where to go. It's here!

        Loading editor
    • Idk about this

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      08:01, October 13, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • I don't need this at the moment, but maybe later.

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      08:01, October 13, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • WTF!!!!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • People who are commented on this forum please don't say bad words and this is for important forum only. Ok.

        Loading editor
    • Glitter spriing wrote:
      People who are commented on this forum please don't say bad words and this is for important forum only. Ok.

      Ok I think I Got it..

        Loading editor
    • Glitter spriing wrote:
      People who are commented on this forum please don't say bad words and this is for important forum only. Ok.

      Ok

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      08:01, October 13, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Great! Sounds good.

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      08:01, October 13, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      08:01, October 13, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      08:01, October 13, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • i already got myself request from admin so, yeah...

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      23:47, October 13, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Thank you for everything
      I am satisfied here

        Loading editor
    • Me, too!

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      13:38, October 16, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      22:52, October 17, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Probably a stupid question, but how do we know and when the bot will scan a wiki?

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      09:37, October 18, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Ngb96 wrote: Bots always scan a Wiki everyday, you know!

      Actually semi-automated runs are usually done with a human nearby, particularly when AWB is involved. A human might not be nearby every day, and this thread isn't to get a bot running regularly on your wiki, AFAIK. There's an auto-save mode in the program, but the OP of this thread specifically mentioned reviewing edits the program would make before clicking "save". This sounds like a one-time semi-automated scan, so JustLeafy's question isn't really helped by this answer.

        Loading editor
    • Also, one last question: can the bot remove double links?

        Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote: Probably a stupid question, but how do we know and when the bot will scan a wiki?

      Wikis are scanned in the order their requests are submitted. Once your wiki has been scanned, I'll leave you a message to let you know.

        Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote: Also, one last question: can the bot remove double links?

      I'm not sure what you mean by "double links", but that doesn't sound like something that is part of the scanning for general errors.

        Loading editor
    • JoePlay wrote:

      JustLeafy wrote: Also, one last question: can the bot remove double links?

      I'm not sure what you mean by "double links", but that doesn't sound like something that is part of the scanning for general errors.

      "Double links", or at least as how I define it, are basically when multiple groups of words, with usually the same text, link to the same article. I was wondering if the bot would be able to remove duplicate links to a common article.

        Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote: "Double links", or at least as how I define it, are basically when multiple groups of words, with usually the same text, link to the same article. I was wondering if the bot would be able to remove duplicate links to a common article.

      Ah, duplicate links. When the bot finds a page with one or more general errors, it stops on that page and previews the suggested edits. On the bot's UI, there is a small area that lists duplicate links along with a button to unlink the duplicate links. So if you want this done as part of your scan, please include that on your request.

        Loading editor
    • Alright, thanks. That's all I need to know.

        Loading editor
    • how do you get a bot to scan?

        Loading editor
    • Shamanstreachery wrote:
      how do you get a bot to scan?

      You have to make a request.

        Loading editor
    • ooooooooooooooooh mk

        Loading editor
    • Late reply, but the request can be found Bot scan:Requests here, in case if you didn't know.

        Loading editor
    • yeah some people dont but it is ok

        Loading editor
    • If you want to know how to make one, just look at other peoples to see the basic format of bot scan requests.

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      off topic
      12:44, October 28, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • i don't know what you are saying

        Loading editor
    • If you want to make a bot scan request, you should copy and paste someone else's and just replace their answers to the questions with your answers.

        Loading editor
    • Oh um ok but i dint think that it is right though.

        Loading editor
    • I just realised how useless this really is for me, so yeah, also, bot scans. too many bot scans.

        Loading editor
    • too many of the bot scans

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      off topic
      07:25, November 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      off topic
      07:26, November 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Wait what release did you do?

        Loading editor
    • Hmm....mmH wrote: I just realised how useless this really is for me, so yeah, also, bot scans. too many bot scans.

      I find bot scans useful, I just haven't been sure about going through this process rather than just running AWB myself. XD

        Loading editor
    • Ooooh!

        Loading editor
    • Okay, so my bot scan request on the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki was fulfilled weeks ago and a message appeared, in which part of the message said:

      JoePlay wrote: If you are interested in using the bot yourself, I encourage you to read this help page: Help:Using AutoWikiBrowser.

      I clicked on the attached link, but after I read the page, I’m unsure on whether the intention of the link for me is to add JoeBot to the Wiki or make my own bot that does the same tasks as JoeBot.

        Loading editor
    • Hey there Joe, I might be interested but I'm curious if the Typo scanner is the same one used on Wikipedia here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/Typos or something different?

      Is it possible to see it?

      I mostly support the Military wiki and it's rather large with about 250, 000 pages not counting redirects. So it could potentially keep your bot busy for quite a while.

        Loading editor
    • Meow2BowWow wrote: Okay, so my bot scan request on the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki was fulfilled weeks ago and a message appeared, in which part of the message said:

      JoePlay wrote: If you are interested in using the bot yourself, I encourage you to read this help page: Help:Using AutoWikiBrowser.

      I clicked on the attached link, but after I read the page, I’m unsure on whether the intention of the link for me is to add JoeBot to the Wiki or make my own bot that does the same tasks as JoeBot.

      The intention of linking to that help page is simply to point you to it in case you decide to learn how to set up and use AutoWikiBrowser with your own username.

        Loading editor
    • Reguyla wrote: Hey there Joe, I might be interested but I'm curious if the Typo scanner is the same one used on Wikipedia here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/Typos or something different?

      Yep, that's the typo database that I'm using for these bot scans.

        Loading editor
    • Ok thanks, in that case I will respectfully decline. I have found a lot of problems using that in bot mode myself and since I can't change that list due to my status on the WMF sites, I would prefer not using it to make automatic changes. Thanks again though, take care.

        Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      off topic
      03:37, November 20, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • One last question: Is it possible for this bot to remove spam created by vandals?

        Loading editor
    • It is possible to have the bot scan and fix specific pages? I wanted it to fix three pages in particular that have horible spelling and grammar (there might be more though):

      -Game Time

      -Mission Madison II

      -SLAM

      Problem is, first time around, it didn't fix an of the three pages. How can I get it to fix those pages specifically? :/

      Thanks in advance,

      Protostar, admin and bureaucrat of the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki

        Loading editor
    • GD Protostar wrote: It is possible to have the bot scan and fix specific pages? I wanted it to fix three pages in particular that have horible spelling and grammar (there might be more though):

      -Game Time

      -Mission Madison II

      -SLAM

      Problem is, first time around, it didn't fix an of the three pages. How can I get it to fix those pages specifically? :/

      Thanks in advance,

      Protostar, admin and bureaucrat of the Geometry Dash Fan Wiki

      Seems like it fixed SOME errors on one of the pages...perhaps it shouldn't work all the way or a crash might occur?

        Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote: One last question: Is it possible for this bot to remove spam created by vandals?

      No. The bot only checks for things like typos, misspellings, grammar errors, punctuation errors, wikitext errors, etc.

        Loading editor
    • GD Protostar wrote: It is possible to have the bot scan and fix specific pages? I wanted it to fix three pages in particular that have horible spelling and grammar (there might be more though):

      Yes. Be sure you're logged in and have loaded your wiki. Then simply enter the names of the pages, one at a time, into the text field just below the "Make list" button and click the + button, which adds the pages to the scan list below. (screenshot) After you've loaded the pages, click the Start button under the Start tab to begin the scan.

        Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote: One last question: Is it possible for this bot to remove spam created by vandals?

      That would be quite difficult to do reliably with a bot IMO. But it might be possible to do certain terms I would think.

        Loading editor
    • I mean, ClueBot NG over at Wikipedia does it with relative accuracy, but it's also not an AWB bot but programmed in Python and stuff. And it has a mechanism for reporting false positives that is probably more effective because of the sheer size of the wiki it runs on.

      Its own FAQ does mention that anti-vandal bots are the most likely to make mistakes (versus, say, a bot that tags all pages missing certain categories--a monotonous and fairly exact task that's hard to screw up).

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, that's true but Cluebot's code is extremely complicated and as you say it learns. It's also, as far as I know exclusive to the English WP for the most part and hasn't really but implemented on other sites.

      I think it is possible for something to be done, but it would be difficult to do with AWB and would probably be better suited to something on the server side where it can detect live transactions.

      There are also some IRC channels that are fed data by a bot identifying certain types of vandalism and spam on the Wikia projects that might also be able to be used to detect some things, but since I have been declined access to them due to my status on the Wikimedia projects, I cannot verify those are useful or trustworthy. I can only confirm they exist and "might" be one avenue for such a bot.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.