FANDOM

• Hey, Wikiawrider blocked me on the Far Cry wikia without even a warning or describing what I did wrong. Can you talk to him about it, or unblock me?

The block duration is a year, so waiting it out isn't exactly feasible.

I'm blocked on the wiki, so I can't contact you or him there at all.

Loading editor
    • I have a feeling it was because of my roundabout way of renaming pages I did few times before I realized I had the ability to actually rename them. It's a bad habit I picked up from a few other Wikia sites that don't allow normal users to rename pages directly, and I didn't notice I had that ability until after I had move-renamed a few pages.

I'd like to continue editing the site, as data collection and wiki editing is one of my hobbies as a programmer.

I'm a bureaucrat and admin on several other wikia sites, so believe me when I say no harm was truly intended.

Loading editor
    • Alright, I'll speak with him and see what's going on. Thanks.

Loading editor
    • Alright I messaged him for discussion. I also lowered your block to 3 days as one year without good reason as completely unacceptable.

Loading editor
    • It says he unblocked me in the log, but I'm still listed as blocked according to my profile tag. Did your 3-day block override his unblock? http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log?page=User%3AJVanover92&type=block

Anyway, thanks for taking care of this. As I said, at most anything I might have done in error was done at the worst in a "Good Faith" edit.

I added you on Steam and messaged you on Twitter a bit ago, so feel free to disregard those messages now.

Another thing I was thinking of doing was trying to make a sort of "style guide" article for reference that we could all refer to in order to make all the pages standardized. I didn't want to do it entirely of my own volition, as I wanted to run it by you guys first.

Loading editor
    • Apparently Wikia blocked me itself:

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason: Your IP address has been automatically blocked because it was used by another user, who was blocked by Wikiawrider. The reason given is this:

Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "JVanover92".

The reason given for JVanover92's block is: "Removing content from pages: Redirecting pages to something that is not even recommended"

• Start of block: 10:55, 28 April 2018
      • Expiry of block: 10:55, 29 April 2018
      • Intended blockee: 47.155.224.127

I have three internet connections in my house, and it automatically swaps to the others depending on speed/load. I assume Wikia's automated system assumed I was trying to circumvent the block.

Loading editor
    • Hello, sorry for interrupting this conversation, but the reason that you cannot edit Far Cry Wiki even though you were unblocked is because your IP address is still auto-blocked, as seen here.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.