FANDOM

• he keeps on blocking people who only wish to help the community's knowledge and does so with offensive remarks at their expenses in the douchiest ways there are (print screening the users' names and/or pages and tweet them with mockery in his twitter account that is the "official" scoobypedia accout as well), I wish you will review my edits and see for yourselves I have only been blocked because he hates others to work on "his" wiki site. Isn't wikia is an open source project as the word WIKI suggest?

Loading editor
    • If you believe the admin has violated the terms of use, you can contact staff to have them review your case. If not, you can only ask the admin(s) to reconsider. There is nothing anyone here can do for you.

Loading editor
    • I have, and so did others who came forward to me on Reddit, but nobody got an answer or help for their requests from the Wikia staff. We are all being banned by this admin for expending articles or gathering certain articles in new categories (such as "Caes set in Coolsville"), this guy is not mentally well, with all the sadness of saying such a thing.

Loading editor
    • Look at the approval ratings of my post (100% - 11 users gave me an upvote, it's not coincidental): reddit.com/r/Scoobydoo/comments/6n8u2q/something_is_gotta_be_done_with_the_scoobypedia/

Even a famous and widely followed Scooby-Doo Twitter user/page had came forward and told me this: "Sadly I'm aware of the issue, but I'm not sure that there's anything I can do to change it. If you haven't already, I suggest contacting FANDOM support directly via this link: Special:Contact/user-conflict and messaging them in a clear and honest way. Tell others who have an issue to do the same. The more messages they get, the more noticeable the issue will be."

Loading editor
    • As I said, contacting staff will be effective only if the admin is actually violating Wikia policies. If there are other active admin/bureaucrats on the wiki, you can try to contact them using their message walls here at Community Central. Otherwise, that admin's rule is law on that particular wiki. The advice you got from that "famous and widely followed Scooby-Doo Twitter user" is probably the best advice you are going to get. Again, the only people that can do anything about your situation is you, the admin, other admins on that wiki, and Wikia staff.

Loading editor
    • Sadly there are no other admins in the scoobydoo wikia, and the Wikia staff hadn't helped us for 9 months now.

Loading editor
    • Did the staff at least send a reply?

Loading editor
    • Nope.

Loading editor
    • When was the last time someone tried to raise this issue with staff? If it has been a while, try sending another one politely asking for a reply of some sort.

Loading editor
    • We tried to back when I have posted this post 9 months ago, and almost a month earlier than that with the tip from that widely followed Twitter user. I've sent them a new message now.

Loading editor
    • Great! Hopefully you will at least get a response this time.

Loading editor
    • Thank you very much for your kind help! :)

Loading editor
    • what is your original account? and what he block you for? your account is a day old.

Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote:
      what is your original account? and what he block you for? your account is a day old.

This one is. And now I see that the approval ratings for my Reddit post about it is actually 12 people who gave me an upvote (100%). Not surprising in the least considering how this guy runs "his" wiki like a crazed dictator.

Loading editor
    • MechQueste
      MechQueste removed this reply because:
      cleanup
      17:53, April 18, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • MechQueste wrote:
      To be honest,

I have 31 edits on scooby doo wikia. Im not pleased with their heavy-handed moderation. I've tried to add stuff to things and got instantly removed. My message on an admin's wall basically told me to either add ridiculously excessively detailed plot summaries, which is in scope of fandom's goal, or  don't even bother. It is mostly him and another admin who basically edits it. I gave up since it would require me to watch a scooby doo episode multiple times just to get one plot summary done. In short, im not willing to go back unless their moderation is loosened.

Chances of that ever happening? 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000005%

Loading editor
    • LMAO You better read what he wrote in this page: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoption:Scooby-Doo_Wiki (see the history as I've changed it for adoption request).

Loading editor
    • Well, you could consider editing there.

Loading editor
    • 185.120.126.86 wrote: this guy is not mentally well, with all the sadness of saying such a thing.

Comments like this about someone's mental health are not appropriate. Please refrain from this, thanks.

Loading editor
    • Kirkburn wrote:

185.120.126.86 wrote: this guy is not mentally well, with all the sadness of saying such a thing.

Comments like this about someone's mental health are not appropriate. Please refrain from this, thanks.

Okey, noted, but trust me that I had typed it with an uneasy feeling, because this was the only way I found to describe how I feel about why this guy is like this.

Loading editor
    • I still don't see how ratings from a Reddit post have anything to do with a Fandom wiki. It's not like Reddit users have proven themselves to be more ethical or reliable than any random person on the internet.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      I still don't see how ratings from a Reddit post have anything to do with a Fandom wiki. It's not like Reddit users have proven themselves to be more ethical or reliable than any random person on the internet.

As far as I see it, they most likely tried to edit there and got blocked for no reason as well.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, one of the biggest problems at Fandom is that staff has a very loose leash for bad admins. That said, many users don't understand that almost every wiki has rules and many of them have it written down, but nobody ever looks.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      Yeah, one of the biggest problems at Fandom is that staff has a very loose leash for bad admins. That said, many users don't understand that almost every wiki has rules and many of them have it written down, but nobody ever looks.

Not in this case, all this guy does is block anyone new who edits there, he made this wiki his "secluded club" only for himself and his liked ones/"friends" to edit. If I was violating articles I would have kept my mouth shut, but all I (and the rest of the people I spoke to) ever did was add info this wiki lacked, and got blocked for doing so.

Loading editor
    • For everyone jumping on the 'we hate admins' bandwagon. Have you actually seen Rofus1's edits? He was being very rude to admins for not wanting a category he was spamming throughout the wiki (see his last three edits ). When admins asked him to stop, he made several comments about their 'mental problems'.

Another user, Dxrd was adding the same categories, and responding in a similar rude way, so it appears that Rofus1 and Dxrd are the same person, and is therefore sockpuppeting as well as making rude comments to admins. The blocks are very valid.

Rofus1, there is your explanation for your blocks from a neutral party. Don't be rude to people, and listen to admin's criticisms, and you will be less likely to be blocked.

Loading editor
    • MechQueste
      MechQueste removed this reply because:
      lol
      23:05, April 27, 2018
    • Dxrd wrote:

Fandyllic wrote:
      Yeah, one of the biggest problems at Fandom is that staff has a very loose leash for bad admins. That said, many users don't understand that almost every wiki has rules and many of them have it written down, but nobody ever looks.

Not in this case, all this guy does is block anyone new who edits there, he made this wiki his "secluded club" only for himself and his liked ones/"friends" to edit. If I was violating articles I would have kept my mouth shut, but all I (and the rest of the people I spoke to) ever did was add info this wiki lacked, and got blocked for doing so.

So this admin is allowed to do this after it has been reported to Fandom staff? What this admin is doing sounds like a clear violation of the Public editing section of the Wiki Creation Policy.

Loading editor
    • That is not me: http://scoobydoo.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:59292 Just in case you wanted to have another look at how problematic that wiki is.

Loading editor
    • I agree, Anythigpossibleforapossible is an unprecedented meddler who only cares about his things. The scoobypedia admins should be pushing it.

Loading editor
    • Buckimion
      Buckimion removed this reply because:
      rehash what was said
      22:25, May 16, 2018
    • P4B2 wrote:
      I agree, Anythigpossibleforapossible is an unprecedented meddler who only cares about his things. The scoobypedia admins should be pushing it.

Well, you're more than welcome to join our Scooby-Doo Wikia if you wish to write freely about the franchise: http://Scooby-doo.wikia.com

Loading editor
    • I will do this with great pleasure if they bar the Anything or make it promise not to block users anymore for such a long period.

Loading editor
    • P4B2 wrote:
      I will do this with great pleasure if they bar the Anything or make it promise not to block users anymore for such a long period.

THANKS! Do not worry, that guy is not welcomed there neither likes this Wiki (he tried to shut it down 3 years ago), I'm the newly named admin there and I do not ban people unless they're vandalizing the articles (with slurs and other second grade toilet humor).

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.