FANDOM

• Perhaps I am just misremembering but, has the loading method of site CSS changed? I recently noticed that all site CSS shows up in my browser's developer tool as coming from load.php. It is a bit of a pain because it doesn't help you figure out which CSS page it is on. This can be particularly annoying on wikis that have very long CSS pages; whether it is Common.css, the skin-specific CSS, or both.

Like I said, I could just be misremembering. However, I don't recall having to go through as much effort to find "offending" CSS in the past.

Loading editor
    • method was changed some weeks ago. also, @import handling was improved, so now imports in common and wikia works fine.

Loading editor
    • To clarify, is the @import change for personal or site CSS?

Loading editor
    • i didn't check personal ones.

Loading editor
    • Fngplg#4

i didn't check personal ones.

seems like personal css works fine too. @import from common moved to top of css.

Loading editor
    • Okay, in that context, I am guessing it is also a result of the change in loading method.

So, to be absolutely clear, what you are saying is that you can have @import in MediaWiki:Wikia.css even if there is other stuff in MediaWiki:Common.css? That would imply that the two are no longer concatenated; which makes sense if they are now loaded using load.php. I guess this is a good thing since it makes more intuitive sense. Also, that complicated flow chart on the CSS help page is less significant.

Loading editor
    • Fngplg wrote:

Fngplg#4

i didn't check personal ones.

seems like personal css works fine too. @import from common moved to top of css.

Interesting. But does that also show up as coming from load.php? I know for sure that the @import statements still show as coming from the CSS pages themselves.

Loading editor
    • i was wrong. imports in personal css works bad still.

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.