FANDOM

• Is there a reason why you keep trying to add this information here? It's not really noteworthy because it's a very rare circumstance that Staff give check user access to non-administrators. Therefore it shouldn't be added in the article. Staff giving administrators check user access on certain bigger wikis however is worthy of mentioning, because it happens frequently enough. There aren't any other wikis besides this one that I know about where Staff have given check user access to a non-administrator or non-administrative user-group.

Loading editor
    • Also, Checkuser powers requires the Block tool, which is limited to admins. It is to stop disruption.

Loading editor
    • They don't require the block tool. It's a separate tool, but it's almost never granted to local users unless they are administrators, and never granted at all unless there's a really good reason for it.

Loading editor
    • I actually meant that sometimes if a non-admin sends FANDOM an email requesting that an IP check be done, Staff will accept the request for the non-admin if the circumstances warrant, no threshold applicable. I didn't mean that CheckUser access will be granted on certain wikis for non-admins to use. Generally Staff only take CheckUser requests for admins on the community where the disruption is occuring, but as I said before, there are exceptions if the circumstances warrant.

Loading editor
    • True.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.