FANDOM

• Hello, suddenly tabbers don't work in infoboxes on my wiki any more. They worked perfectly fine in them before, but for some reason they now don't work at all.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed or why it's happening.

Thanks either eay.

Loading editor
    • hi, do you have a link to the page where the problem is occurring?

Loading editor
    • It's an issue across the wikia. I've created an example page for you to look at, as you can easily just.. fish around it if you need to here.

Loading editor
    • I noticed this on Nintendo Wiki too. For example, here's Fire Emblem Fates. It's supposed to show the North American box art for both Birthright and Conquest but, it shows neither

Edit: Actually it seems like it's just tabbers are broken in general. On Nintendo Wiki, the List of Wii U games page is supposed to separate retail releases by year but, currently it shows nothing

Loading editor
    • That's interesting, I thought they were working outside of infoboxes but now I've tested it again you're right, it's all tabbers. So it's a glitch with tabbers on wikia in general. Maybe somone should report the error to staff somehow.

I would do it now but I'm not sure what channel is best to do it by.

Loading editor
    • Don't Starve game Wiki experiences the same issues. Multiple users have reported that content in tabbers is not displayed at all on several pages. The first report came in three days ago. Not every page using tabbers is affected and some are actually displayed properly again after a while.

For example, this page is broken for me and doesn't show its infoboxes right now: Jellyfish. I also sent in a bug report for this earlier. Because of the way the DS wiki is built, we now have pages that seem entirely empty.

Loading editor
    • MMueck wrote: Don't Starve game Wiki experiences the same issues. Multiple users have reported that content in tabbers is not displayed at all on several pages. The first report came in three days ago. Not every page using tabbers is affected and some are actually displayed properly again after a while.

For example, this page is broken for me and doesn't show its infoboxes right now: Jellyfish. I also sent in a bug report for this earlier. Because of the way the DS wiki is built, we now have pages that seem entirely empty.

The issue with tabbers in tabviews will be fixed on Thursday.

Loading editor
    • Astrogamer wrote: I noticed this on Nintendo Wiki too. For example, here's Fire Emblem Fates. It's supposed to show the North American box art for both Birthright and Conquest but, it shows neither

Edit: Actually it seems like it's just tabbers are broken in general. On Nintendo Wiki, the List of Wii U games page is supposed to separate retail releases by year but, currently it shows nothing

The issue on Nintendo wiki is caused by custom site CSS artificially hiding tabbers, which conflicts with the updated version. I'll remove the broken custom styling.

Loading editor
    • ShotgunsAndSass wrote: It's an issue across the wikia. I've created an example page for you to look at, as you can easily just.. fish around it if you need to here.

The tabber works fine when viewing it with site JS and CSS disabled: http://tumblrroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/Jimmy_Example/Tabber?usesitejs=0&usesitecss=0

Please double-check your custom scripts/styles to ensure nothing is interfering.

Loading editor
    • TK-999 wrote:

ShotgunsAndSass wrote: It's an issue across the wikia. I've created an example page for you to look at, as you can easily just.. fish around it if you need to here.

The tabber works fine when viewing it with site JS and CSS disabled: http://tumblrroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/Jimmy_Example/Tabber?usesitejs=0&usesitecss=0

Please double-check your custom scripts/styles to ensure nothing is interfering.

I don't understand how it can be that, it worked perfectly fine before.The only things we have JS wise are tooltips and the back to top button. and JS appears to be the issue. Like I said though, until a few days ago they worked fine.

Loading editor
    • ShotgunsAndSass wrote:

I don't understand how it can be that, it worked perfectly fine before.The only things we have JS wise are tooltips and the back to top button. and JS appears to be the issue. Like I said though, until a few days ago they worked fine.

Yeah, the extension was upgraded from a ~10year old legacy version to a new one, so the custom scripts are probably no longer compatible.

Loading editor
    • TK-999 wrote:

ShotgunsAndSass wrote:

Yeah, the extension was upgraded from a ~10year old legacy version to a new one, so the custom scripts are probably no longer compatible.

I can't work out what's conflicting though unless I see this new script. It also seems super weird anything I have would be causeing a conflict. Is there any way I can take a look at the code or honestly I don't know where to begin fixing this.

I mean I am kind of confused as to why this was done if I'm honest the old verson worked perfectly fine, and now it doesn't. 

Loading editor
    • Tabber should be fixed already (see Thread:1306756#4). At this point, it is probably just a caching issue?

Loading editor
    • ShotgunsAndSass wrote:

I can't work out what's conflicting though unless I see this new script. It also seems super weird anything I have would be causeing a conflict. Is there any way I can take a look at the code or honestly I don't know where to begin fixing this.

I mean I am kind of confused as to why this was done if I'm honest the old verson worked perfectly fine, and now it doesn't. 

With the JS tooltips disabled the tabber is working fine.

Loading editor
    • Okay, so then there are still some issues to get sorted out; apparently.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Okay, so then there are still some issues to get sorted out; apparently.

Custom scripts might conflict with the updated version, however it is the responsibility of the script authors to resolve such conflicts.

Loading editor
    • I thought you said there was an issue with site CSS as well. Did you mean to simply say that communities may have CSS overriding the new defaults? To me, it sounded like you were saying that any site CSS would cause the display issue.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: I thought you said there was an issue with site CSS as well. Did you mean to simply say that communities may have CSS overriding the new defaults? To me, it sounded like you were saying that any site CSS would cause the display issue.

Nope - existing CSS and JS customizations for tabbers might conflict with the new version. That's all.

Loading editor
    • Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I was still having issues with Tabber on the wiki I admin but apparently that was just due to caching.

Loading editor
    • TK-999 wrote:

ShotgunsAndSass wrote:

With the JS tooltips disabled the tabber is working fine.

I understand that, but I'm going to have to try and tweak it so that I can have both. The tooltips are there for a reason, after all. The translation template doesn't work properly without them. Is there any way I can have the old tabber on my wiki? 

Loading editor
    • My transcluded profile page still doesn't seem to have a working tabber.

See http://dev.wikia.com/wiki/User:Fandyllic

If it isn't working, does this mean Dev wiki has scripts that are breaking it? So far I haven't seen it working on any wikis (even after a ?action=purge), but I'm still checking.

It's not working on portability either: http://portability.wikia.com/wiki/User:Fandyllic

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: My transcluded profile page still doesn't seem to have a working tabber.

If it isn't working, does this mean Dev wiki has scripts that are breaking it? So far I haven't seen it working on any wikis (even after a ?action=purge), but I'm still checking.

It's not working on portability either: http://portability.wikia.com/wiki/User:Fandyllic

Scary transclusion is cached more aggressively by MediaWiki. Probably it just needs bit more time to update.

Loading editor
    • I'm really not sure what to do here. I can't find a way to get this conflict resolved. I'd need to see the new script to see if there's something I can do to resolve the issue. Is it possible I could make an exception within the code for the tabbers? like the tooltips appear everywhere but on the tabbers. 

I need them for other things. They are used for other templates that the wiki needs.

Loading editor
    • I seem to have found a way to resolve this issue. Check my comment here. In summary, you can just edit the page with Classical Editor -> Source, and hit publish without making any changes. It has to be done on each page that is broken. It has worked on all 3 pages I've tried so far.

Loading editor
    • This solution seems to have worked on every page I've tried so far, which was over a dozen different pages. For pages that show info boxes from other pages via tabbers, if you see some of the tabbers are missing the info box, simply go to that sub page, and apply the fix there. It will now show appropriately on that sub page, as well as the broader tabber page.

For example, our page on Pig has 3 sub pages that can be tabbed through: Normal Pig , Guardian , and WerePig . Guardian and WerePig weren't showing infoboxes on both their own pages, as well as the main Pig page via the tabs. I did my "edit" -> "publish without changes" trick to the Guardian and WerePig, and now I see infoboxes on those pages, as well as the broader Pig page.

Loading editor
    • Adding ?action=purge at the end of the URL at the adress bar, then pressing Enter also fixes the tabbers-not-showing issue.

Loading editor
    • TK-999 wrote:

Fandyllic wrote: My transcluded profile page still doesn't seem to have a working tabber.

Scary transclusion is cached more aggressively by MediaWiki. Probably it just needs bit more time to update.

Things are better today, but still not right. Before, the div with the tabber was completely empty, but now at least it shows the tabber contents, but not in their tabs... just a big blob of all the tab contents.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:

Things are better today, but still not right. Before, the div with the tabber was completely empty, but now at least it shows the tabber contents, but not in their tabs... just a big blob of all the tab contents.

It seems ResourceLoader modules added by parser extensions on the source page are not included on scary-transcluded templates neither in MW 1.19 nor latest MediaWiki.

Loading editor
    • This used to work before the tabber changes.

Loading editor
    • Bunz4u wrote: I seem to have found a way to resolve this issue. Check my comment here. In summary, you can just edit the page with Classical Editor -> Source, and hit publish without making any changes. It has to be done on each page that is broken. It has worked on all 3 pages I've tried so far.

That is the same as purging the page; which has already been discussed.

Loading editor
    • I'd like to report that tabber is also broken in the EXA_PICO Universe Wikia. For some reason, I get duplicated tabs that don't work in the infoboxes that use it, which are the ones for the main contents page and the character information box.

Here are links to examples of it:

http://artonelico.wikia.com/wiki/Ionasal.kkll.Preciel

http://artonelico.wikia.com/wiki/The_EXA_PICO_Universe_Wiki

Loading editor
    • Aquagon 07 wrote: I'd like to report that tabber is also broken in the EXA_PICO Universe Wikia. For some reason, I get duplicated tabs that don't work in the infoboxes that use it, which are the ones for the main contents page and the character information box.

Report your problems to Special:Contact/bug. I don't think Fandom staff is actively watching this thread anymore.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:

Aquagon 07 wrote: I'd like to report that tabber is also broken in the EXA_PICO Universe Wikia. For some reason, I get duplicated tabs that don't work in the infoboxes that use it, which are the ones for the main contents page and the character information box.

Report your problems to Special:Contact/bug. I don't think Fandom staff is actively watching this thread anymore.

The issue was once again caused by needless duplicated Tabber code in custom JS. I removed it and it works fine now.

Loading editor
    • FYI

By "once again", I believe TK-999 is referring to previous threads such as:

Thread:1319341

Thread:1312495

Thread:1310825

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.