FANDOM

• Sorry to bother you about something like this, but I feel a Staff member might be going too far in his quest to change the wiki to be more mobile friendly.

The staff member in question is FishTank. The wiki in question is Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.

Even though numerous members of the community, including myself, have expressed our disliking to the idea that he has proposed, he seems to be continuing to push the change.

While I understand that some might feel the change is necessary, I feel like the problem that FishTank presents is not something that is the fault of the wiki, but rather the coding on the Mercury skin.

More information can be found here: [1], [2], [3], [4]

I don't really expect much from you. I am perfectly fine if you disagree with me. It is just I feel like a staff member needs to look at what FishTank is doing and make sure that he has not crossed the line.

Loading editor
    • That sounds exactly like what happened on WikiDex. Staff made a proposal for portable infoboxes because their old ones completely messed up article pages on the mobile skin, the community rejected it mostly because they didn't really care about mobile (Ciencia may correct me if he sees this thread) and because it was hard for them to get used to the portable infobox markup but because Wikia didn't want to have more than half of their users (because I don't doubt more than half of users view Wikia through mobile) see a messed-up pages on one of the most visited wikis on Wikia and therefore ruin their Wikia experience they forced the change to portable infoboxes. After a lot of edit wars (and two vandalbots somebody made to replace portable infoboxes with non-portable ones), demotion of their bureaucrat and several blocks for "disrupting FANDOM network operations" Wikia forced the change. As a result, WikiDex forked.

If you have complaints about FishTank, I think it's better if you send them through Special:Contact/general. If you have suggestions on how to improve the Mercury skin, I think you should also send them there so they have a support ticket to refer engineers to. Out of interest, though, how do you expect the engineers to implement the Mercury skin to convert this tabber madness into something portable?

Loading editor
    • As KockaAdmiralac stated, please use the form at Special:Contact/general to provide feedback of any kind.

Loading editor
    • Hello there, my name is Trevor. I am a chat moderator from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. A few days ago, I reported FishTank to staff due to the same concerns 120d has expressed.

However, the only response I received was this:

"Rule 6 user."

Because of this, in my opinion, incomprehensible response, 120d has came to Jenburton's wall in the hopes we'll get a proper response from Fandom staff.

Loading editor
    • TrevorOntario719 wrote:
      Hello there, my name is Trevor. I am a chat moderator from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. A few days ago, I reported FishTank to staff due to the same concerns 120d has expressed.

"Rule 6 user."

Because of this, in my opinion, incomprehensible response, 120d has came to Jenburton's wall in the hopes we'll get a proper response from Fandom staff.

here's a tip: raise hell with staff and you will get their attention very fast, also threatening and having ability to fork will also get their attention as leverage.

Loading editor
    • TrevorOntario719 wrote: However, the only response I received was this: "Rule 6 user."

And you "reported" them where? If that's the response you got from Special:Contact/general that must've been a mistake on Staff end and you should resend your "report".

Loading editor
    • 68.41.43.52 wrote:

TrevorOntario719 wrote:
      Hello there, my name is Trevor. I am a chat moderator from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. A few days ago, I reported FishTank to staff due to the same concerns 120d has expressed.

"Rule 6 user."

here's a tip: raise hell with staff and you will get their attention very fast, also threatening and having ability to fork will also get their attention as leverage.

Haha!

Loading editor
    • KockaAdmiralac wrote:

TrevorOntario719 wrote: However, the only response I received was this: "Rule 6 user."

And you "reported" them where? If that's the response you got from Special:Contact/general that must've been a mistake on Staff end and you should resend your "report".

Yes, I did send my report to Special:Contact. I will try to resend my report.

Loading editor
    • 68.41.43.52 wrote:
      TrevorOntario719 wrote:

"Rule 6 user."

ARE U SERIOUS !? I did that with the local staff of a wiki I go to by trolling . Anyway please be serious. 

Loading editor
    • Shaan05 wrote:

ARE U SERIOUS !? I did that with the local staff of a wiki I go to by trolling . Anyway please be serious. 

then start a blog on this wiki, outline what happened that you guys disapprove of in strong terms. Staff hate this, if you can make it as outregous as the situation actually is and give full details to back it up; staff will be forced to within a week to respond publicly. Much more effective than SC

Loading editor
    • also rule 6 user if that regards terms of use doesn't refer to anything since its not numbered yet just regular bullet points, no idea which that refers to either...as if they weren't trying and wanted to shove this under the rug.

Loading editor
    • KockaAdmiralac wrote:

TrevorOntario719 wrote: However, the only response I received was this: "Rule 6 user."

Did it appear to be an automated message?

Loading editor
    • 68.41.43.52 wrote:
      Shaan05 wrote:

then start a blog on this wiki, outline what happened that you guys disapprove of in strong terms. Staff hate this, if you can make it as outregous as the situation actually is and give full details to back it up; staff will be forced to within a week to respond publicly. Much more effective than SC

What is SC?

Loading editor
    • Shaan05 wrote:
      68.41.43.52 wrote:
      Shaan05 wrote:

What is SC?

Special Contact-S.C.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.