FANDOM

• Reverb Frost has suggested that Clash wikia users get more involved in discussions.

His idea is that links will help traffic people to the wiki, which is a good idea so I volunteered.

Getting more involved in discussions, I see posts like the following:

post linking to "fandom app"

I, at first, started flagging them because they lead to a page that asks for your phone number with a active, unknown button.

Is this a legit program that spams the fact that it was downloaded (which is horrible but not entirely malicious).

Can you look into it and let me know please? Thanks

Loading editor
    • I am the best robot
      I am the best robot removed this reply because:
      mistake while editing
      13:52, June 4, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • This post is spam, and it was absolutely right to report and delete it! We can't be sure what exactly happens if users actually enter their phone number on this site - most likely it is an attempt to phish people's personal information, which is a clear violation against FANDOM's terms of use.

If you see any other posts like this, please report that, too!

Loading editor
    • Thank u Mira. Well I deleted this post coz as u know the spam rate of Clash of Clans wiki is, The users are posting the invite link at the discussion forum.. I thought this to be one of them so deleted it until robot mentioned it here. Can there be any possibility by which the invite link can't be posted at the discussion board or something like that?? Coz buying and selling of COC base posts have been reduced but spamming still continues and this is the most troublesome post.. Linking to the fandom app.   Also there is something that I need to talk to u but it can not be discussed in open. 

Loading editor
    • For anything confidential (or really any issue you need help with), best send a message through Special:Contact. I have globally blocked a couple of users who have been posting this spam link. As of right now, no spam filter like the one the VSTF use is available for Discussions, unfortunately, although we're working on that for the future.

All you can do about these posts for the moment is to delete them and block the users who post them.

Loading editor
    • Mira,

Wow... I at first thought it was as you said but then there were too many users doing it. It has to be a virus that produces phishing spam.

Thanks for checking into it for us.

Loading editor
    • Hello Mira.

Greetings from me and the entire team of clash of clans wiki

I think that this link needs to be acted upon a bit fast. Coz now this link is being posted by alomst every user in clash of clans wiki ....

Spam Link

Loading editor
    • Thanks for letting us know! This does look like a more determined and more organized spam attack than usual. I'll see if there is anything we can do.

Loading editor
    • I've promoted a bot account on your wiki. One of our helpers will use it to auto-delete these kinds of posts when more of them occur. I hope this will help!

Loading editor
    • Awesome,

Thanks

Loading editor
    • One just occured, BTW

Loading editor
    • The bot is now active on your wiki. Please let me know if the spammers start using different links.

Loading editor
    • Thanks a lot MIra. And Flightmare.

Loading editor
    • It helps a heap, thanks

Loading editor
    • This may be the origin. There was more than drone activity on the thread.

Worth looking into.

Loading editor

P.S. Does this mean discussions will have more bot functionality soon?

Loading editor
    • Flightmare is a helper with special access, so this isn't something regular admins could set up, unfortunately. We are working on some better ways to combat spam like this in the future, though!

Loading editor
    • Doh, its back

Loading editor
    • If everything works as intended, Flightmare's bot should delete those - at least, if the spammers haven't started using a different URL. Since a moderator already deleted it, I can't tell if the bot is doing it's job, though. (I also took the liberty to delete a few other spam posts while I was in there.)

Loading editor
    • It did delete a post just 10 minutes ago, so it does seem to be working

Loading editor
    • Ahh, nice. Sry, I expected them to be gone as soon as they were posted.

All good then.

Loading editor
    • The bot doesn't prevent them from being posted, it removes the posts after they have been posted and checked. In this specific case it is likely a moderator beat the bot to deleting it, or the bot experienced a small loss of connection.

Loading editor
    • That's great. It was the only incident I noticed, very good work.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.