FANDOM

• Ik that u guys don't like rp u tell me there r rp chat rooms but there isn't all the ones I see r crap. I would love to make one Directly for roleplaying not this naurito crap no one cares for it litterly like wtf if u guys don't make one I will tell all of the others that u guys hate us I k it will look bad for u guys to loss hundreds probably thousand would u like that I honestly prefer u guys do the right thing make a rp chat room asap so peps like me can enjoy for what wikia was made for which is to HAVE fun. -sincerely an unafraid man The True Wolf Pack p.s. Ik lots of peps who LOVE RP so please don't ruin wikia especially u VT what ever u guys call ur selves u guys have no heart u cruel hearted people or r u even people I don't think u r since u guys r a bunch of J, A I litterly don't care if u think ur "Admins" which u ain't by the way u guys r volunteers nothing else ur role is supposed to be only for spam and curse words NOT kicking RPing peps which u kicked me a very respectful guy I tried to reason w/ u Nor Whale boy but u decide to get ur friend to kick me I told u I will NEVER quit for Ik what is best for Fandom u guys don't obviously and it is not cool. plus do u do that to ur customers kick em' out with a boot huh boyo I am a grown American man I have rights U CAN'T TAKE EM' AWAY. this is for now good bye good bye wikia this isn't the last u heard of me I am a human like u guys so do understand and don't be dim

Loading editor
    • Man sorry you feel that way we really want you to enjoy here mate but some rps are just not appropriate and not nice for others to look at and peeps might leave like some of us might not find it fun and could probs feel upset or feel it is disturbin. you can try other wikis like traditional old roleplay wiki or character rp wiki - or find your own niche around the place. U can also pm ur friends to rp

In all seriousness, I'm sorry that you feel this way but we keep the 'keep roleplaying to a minimum' rule because some content we find are violent and disruptive. Your roleplaying today was beyond the bounds and had many users in distress over the sort of content you were RPing with. Please keep it within a PM or on another wiki as some can also misinterpret your messages as threats or as an emergency.

Loading editor
    • I'm sorry man I was angry yesterday I shouldn't take it on u man please do forgive me. I shouldn't have said most of the things that I did and I am truly sorry.

Loading editor
    • They kick a lot of people they don't like unfortunately. The Discord and IRC channels are run but some people that only want their friends to participate and even worse they are influenced by other people on other wikis outside Wikia. They don't respect the community here and stifle and influence discussion on those channels by only allowing certain people to comment there and it's deeply unfortunate the Wikia staff allows them to be used as official channels. It really reflects poorly on the Wikia staff.

Loading editor

Loading editor
    • Reguyla wrote: They kick a lot of people they don't like unfortunately. The Discord and IRC channels are run but some people that only want their friends to participate and even worse they are influenced by other people on other wikis outside Wikia.

This particular discussion was more focused on Community Central Chat - Discord and the IRC are unofficial platforms that aren't run by Fandom Staff.

Loading editor
    • Good to know, thanks for the clarification. But just for clarification of my point, being official doesn't require it to be supported by paid staff. When a large piece of a community uses something and when it takes the name of that entity directly and is actively supported by people in positions of leadership within that organization, it is official. Calling it unofficial is just ignoring the facts. As such, regardless of whether the Wikia staff are paid to support it, the Discord and IRC channels are as official as official can get. They can continue to choose to ignore that fact, but doing so is just a disservice to the Wikia/Fandom community and allows some that do not have the best interests of the community to use the Wikia/Fandom name in a way that does not reflect positively on Wikia/Fandom.

Loading editor
    • Yes, I agree with your definition of official and unofficial - it is what makes up the community that makes it feel official or not.

In Discord, positions of leadership and the process behind bans and kicks are not influenced by Fandom Staff nor a user's actions in IRC or Fandom. For example, globally blocked users on Fandom are still able to participate in Discord as long as they don't transition their disruption to our group chat.

This is different for IRC (which I'm not sure about).

Loading editor
    • Again, I don't disagree that Fandom staff don't have say necessarily (although I believe one or two do participate there on Discord). It still doesn't mean that those venues aren't official, they just aren't controlled by staffers. Also, as far as I know both IRC and Discord work fundamentally the same way in terms of leadership but generally if you are blocked on Wikia you are also blocked on Discord or IRC. At least that is the norm. Unfortunately it seems as though being an editor in good standing on Wikia doesn't mean anything to the mods on Discord which I strongly disagree with and strongly believe should change. Its certainly fine to block people for periods of time including myself. But people should not be indeffed for minor disagreements and especially not at the request of friends on other projects who have a personal grievance with the editor.

Loading editor
    • Reguyla please stop what Norplyz say is true so no need to do this he is speaking under the regulations of the VSTF he and his fellow VSTF's try there hardest to do the right things and keep Spam and Rping under control also they work hard to keep Vandals out they work harder then u think they have a very busy schedule. they try their hardest to answer our problems so do understand they probably work harder then u and me combined...

Loading editor
    • Yes I know how VSTF works, I used to do that too before I was blocked. I agree they work hard and their job is very important and needed, but I do over 20, 000 edits a month, sometimes over 100, 000, so I work pretty hard too...or did.

Loading editor
    • Well, Reguyla has a point that needs clarification, so I'd be glad to spend time to clear up any miscommunication. I probably work on VSTF as much as Reguyla works on the awesome Military Wiki¬†;)

In the Community Discord, bans are typically infinite but an unban can be requested at one of the walls of a squid. While I'm not part of this group, I'm certain that no one requested the ban and that the ban was determined by squids only.

We have also had multiple cases where globally banned users are or were part of the Discord. I can think of 3 off the top of my head. The behaviour of users in Wikia/Fandom/IRC does not affect your standing in Discord, but often seems to due to similar guidelines and the way people interact with others.

Loading editor
    • Just because no one asked on Discord doesn't mean they didn't ask. They certainly could have done it via an Email, phone call, Skype, IRC PM or some other venue. I also don't believe every mod was influenced, but I am 100% certain at least a couple were. Someone doesn't state that "I have been friends with some of the Wikia mods for years" and then within minutes get blocked. That was certainly a statement being made to rub it in my face because they knew it was coming.

And, I appreciate you like the project, but if Wikia/Fandom community members in good standing on these projects aren't welcome on the corresponding official channels, then someone else can do the work to maintain it, because I don't feel like volunteering to improve a for profit site that doesn't request its community and where I am not welcome. I am not going to say that unblocking me on IRC and Discord will bring me back, but it's a pretty good bet that if I am not welcome, I don't want to volunteer my time here and I hope others who are reading this will recognize how much their own participation in this projects is appreciated and rewarded as well.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.