FANDOM

• Greetings, I hope you don't mind me posting here. I also responded to your reply at the other discussion. As I stated there I don't even know who the blocking admin is, so I can't ask them. Also, if I am blocked and without knowing who that is, I have no way of contacting them on their wall. Certainly I can't do that on Discord since I am blocked.

Loading editor
    • Hi, one message is enough in the future.

I've had a conversation with the administration team, and we've come to an agreement that we won't be unblocking you for the forseable future. I appreciate that this isn't the response you're looking for.

Loading editor
    • No problem and yeah your right, that news is disappointing to say the least. Thanks for the response and I pretty much already knew that would be the response since I was blocked as a special request of AlexZ and not for any valid reason. Since I am a positive member of the Wikia community there is no reason for it and I hope everyone sees how welcoming the Discord channels are to the Wikia community. Since there is a lot of discussion there that is insightful and helps to know about things that are coming out or problems I guess I'll just create a new account, which is not what I want but pretty much what I thought I would have to do anyway. Since Discord has no official connection to Wikia I shouldn't need to worry about evading that ban affecting my participation here. I Appreciate your time.

Loading editor
    • I am disapointed to say the least that you are considering evading your ban. Thank you for at least being upfront about it.

Loading editor
    • Your welcome for the honesty and I appreciated you being honest with me earlier as well. It sounds like we are both disappointed but it's not like I had much of a choice. Frankly I am not happy about it either because I don't think I should have to go to the trouble just because AlexZ called in a favor.

You said it yourself there was no plan to unblock me anytime soon. If it had a finite length then that would be something. So it's either follow an indefinite ban and don't participate at all, ask periodically and probably be accused of harassing and it will be argued that the ban should be kept in place or don't follow it, participate and if caught, being indef banned again. At least on the latter I can participate.

Loading editor
    • Greetings Ransom, Any chance you might reconsider unblocking me? At least on the IRC side if not the Discord side? I still find it extremely disappointing that Wikia ops/mods are blocking and excluding contributing members in good standing from Wikia community IRC and Discord channels on the request of friends on other projects (AlexZ) and over a minor disagreement because he is a childish jerk on a powertrip. I am hoping to put that aside though. I find it extremely annoying and time consuming to evade the IRC ban that has been placed on me when I need to ask a question or interact in a discussion.

Loading editor
    • To make it clear, I was never contacted by AlexZ, and I wouldn't issue a ban if I was. I have never met this person or interacted with them in any way.

Loading editor
    • Well its pretty funny that he told me within a couple hours that he was going to "contact his friends at Wikia and see I can't edit there either". So, either that is a cosmic coincidence or there is truth to it. Now maybe Alex didn't contact you personally, but based on my experiences with Alex I don't doubt he did it one bit that he did contact someone and perhaps multiple people (I know he has been friends with Furry for years now) on the Wikia side. Alex is a childish troll on a powertrip with unfortunately there is no oversight over him. He doesn't do anything of any benefit to the WMF community and does nothing but hold the god card over all the other IRC people. Plainly, he is a bully and I hate bullies.

Based on your comments I am guessing that the unnecessary and unsulting ban you imposed upon me is not going to be lifted. It clearly doesn't matter to you that I am an editor in good standing on Wikia and since you are the "owner" of the official Wikia discord channels and have absolute authority there isn't anything anyone can or will do. Which sucks and its frustrating and given that you really don't seem to have any intention of unblocking me I guess I'll just evade my ban as I have been when I need to ask a question or interact with a discussion. I hate doing that and have largely avoided doing it except for a couple occasions I needed something but if I am not going to be unbanned then I guess dodging it is free from a punishment perspective. When the only penalty for any disagreement is death then it doesn't matter what law is broken. Cheers!

Loading editor
    • Again, for clarity:

• This is not an official Wikia Discord, it is a room I created that has significant traction with the community - but it isn't an official room. Access is not dependent on "good standing" at Wikia.
      • This ban has been discussed with the entire moderation team and they agree with it, this is not me acting alone. Whilst it may be true that AlexZ knows one or two members of the team, we would not ban just because one or two members of the team. You were banned because you were told not to bring your issues on IRC to Discord, and you continued. If we tell you not to do something and you continue, then you will be banned.
      • Again, I ask you not to evade your ban. Discord doesn't give me the moderation tools to detect this sockpuppetry, but it is frustrating to see such a blatent disregard for our rules.

Frankly, though - I feel this discussion is going nowhere, you're coming from an assumption that people are out to get you, and you seem to be framing your arguments assuming this fact. I don't feel anything I can say will convince you to change your mind on any of these points. I will reiterate that you are banned because of your actions on the server, and I will reiterate my wish that you do not evade this ban - and leave the ball in your court. I feel that further discussion is the waste of both of our time.

Loading editor
    • With all due respect I know you created it and I know its "unofficial". However, it has significant official support from Wikia, is actively being promoted on IRC, etc. So, although it might be unofficial, it still has defacto authorization and should respect access for Wikia editors in good standing.

If you aren't going to unban me and feel that being an editor in good standing on Wikia is of no importance then I don't really care if you are disappointed or frustrated with me evading the ban. Unban me and then it won't be an issue! Otherwise you really aren't giving me a choice. Discord is the official chat location and if I need help with something that is where I have to go to get it without waiting days or weeks for a response.

I am also not "assuming" people are out to get me, some are absolutely out to get me including AlexZ. It's also true you may not be one of them and I concede that, but you are following their lead.

If you want to change my mind then tell me I will be unblocked, otherwise there is absolutely zero incentive for me to follow a ban that has no merit, should not be in place and is nothing more than a few people being assholes and bullies because a couple members on the WMF sites don't like me. Alex baited me and I took the bait. Of that I am guilty but you are the ones that are preventing me from chatting not me. AlexZ should be the one being blocked for harassment and baiting, not me.

Loading editor
    • Reguyla wrote:With all due respect I know you created it and I know its "unofficial". However, it has significant official support from Wikia, is actively being promoted on IRC, etc. So, although it might be unofficial, it still has defacto authorization and should respect access for Wikia editors in good standing.
      Wikia IRC channels aren't official either. No Staff member ever promoted the Discord server so no, it has no official support at all.
      If you aren't going to unban me and feel that being an editor in good standing on Wikia is of no importance then I don't really care if you are disappointed or frustrated with me evading the ban. Unban me and then it won't be an issue! Otherwise you really aren't giving me a choice. Discord is the official chat location and if I need help with something that is where I have to go to get it without waiting days or weeks for a response.
      If you're a truly good editor you know how evading a ban will accomplish nothing except giving more frustration to the mods.
      I am also not "assuming" people are out to get me, some are absolutely out to get me including AlexZ. It's also true you may not be one of them and I concede that, but you are following their lead.
      I'm not sure why you let AlexZ be your worst nightmare, but Ransom has nothing to do with AlexZ.
      If you want to change my mind then tell me I will be unblocked, otherwise there is absolutely zero incentive for me to follow a ban that has no merit, should not be in place and is nothing more than a few people being assholes and bullies because a couple members on the WMF sites don't like me. Alex baited me and I took the bait. Of that I am guilty but you are the ones that are preventing me from chatting not me. AlexZ should be the one being blocked for harassment and baiting, not me.
      It has nothing to do with Wikia. You were also warned several times to stop, and AlexZ did stop communicating with you at some point.
        Loading editor
    • I know people keep saying that the IRC and Discord channels are "unofficial" but with the amount of the community that actively uses them and with the manner they are being used which is in an official capacity, defining them as unofficial is just weasel words.

A block from the channel is one thing, a ban is complete bullshit.

After considering it though, evading the ban at this point won't be a problem. I just posted a notice on the Community central for people to support the Military wikia project I was building and actively supporting. If an active editor in good standing on the Wikia community cannot access IRC and discord channels for Wikia because of an editor on the WMF project asked their friends to block me, then I am not going to be editing at Wikia. It's a shame, but problem solved.

So you guys win and Wikia lost an editor and several projects including the Military Wiki won't be actively maintained by me anymore.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.