FANDOM

• Okay, so, as far as I know, the general consensus is that the upcoming feature for Wikia, Discussions, sucks. Most users I saw in the comment section of the announcement blog showed discontent for the said upcoming feature, and the basic reasons I've seen are, more or less;

I understand if I sound repetitive or whiny, but I'm getting these from actual comments from the announcement blog (can be found here) and, from the general public, it seems like not too many people like this. Which is why I made this petition, which, like I said, could seem whiny, or over-reactive, but hear me out.

The petition I'm making is for all and any wikia users that can sign. This petition isn't necessarily asking to completely scrap the Discussions function altogether, but I'm asking for one of three possible outcomes.

Either;

1. Wikia keeps forums and adds Discussions as a Fandom-based thing instead of fully replacing the forums—a perfectly okay function with lots of importance in some communities—altogether.
    2. Improve Discussions to give it more functionality (adding wikitext, removing blocked user reporting, etc) or make it so that it at least isn't bootleg Twitter/Reddit/Miiverse.
    3. Or just scrap Discussions altogether.

So, if you are a wikia user who does not support Discussions, but does support one of the three points I made, than please sign your username in the thread below. It's about time someone from Wikia actually paid attention to what the general public wants.

Thanks, ~TheFoxyRiolu

Signers: 361 users.

Loading editor
    • -- —Miststream (01:07, 9/9/2016)

Loading editor
    • I am signing this

Loading editor
    • The most expensive boss, Alex.sapre (talk) 01:22, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

I agree. Near the beginning of the blog they said IF we were interested we can request to activate Discussions.

Why can't we have both forums and discussions? Why can't Wikia Staff just disable forums only for the wikis that want to?

Loading editor
    • This is not a signature and should not be interpreted as one.

If you think improvements to Discussions can an option, then this thread should be renamed to "Petition Regarding Discussions" to prevent negative connotations.

I always thought 1. improvement 2. scrappage are the options here, like Venus. However, this would take us back to having non-portable forums.

I would like to place a semantic dichotomy between the current Discussions and the finished one as well, but I can't vouch for staff as this is their product they're making.

It may be a good idea to append in their current form on not support Discussions.

Loading editor
    • Pyrostar (talk) 01:23, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • I have nothing against Discussion, but I DO want Forums to stay.

S.S. (talk) 01:26, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Speedit wrote: This is not a signature and should not be interpreted as one.

If you think improvements to Discussions can an option, then this thread should be renamed to "Petition Regarding Discussions" to prevent negative connotations.

I always thought 1. improvement 2. scrappage are the options here, like Venus. However, this would take us back to having non-portable forums.

I would like to place a semantic dichotomy between the current Discussions and the finished one as well, but I can't vouch for staff as this is their product they're making.

It may be a good idea to append in their current form on not support Discussions.

To be honest, it just creates more confusion and is way too big of a change. Would it be impossible for the Forum namespace to become more portable instead of creating an entirely new "feature"?

Loading editor
    • I just want forums to stay. I don't like the look of discussions at all, it's like a Twitter ripoff. While they may change the look, I highly doubt it'll ever look like forums or be as customizable.

So yeah... I'd say keep both forums and discussions. They definitely serve different purposes imo.

Loading editor
    • I support. First choice: 3, second choice: 1. ~AgentMuffin:)

Loading editor
    • just keep both. theres absolutely no logical reason to remove forums. doing so is harming your community.

Loading editor
    • I understand Wikia Discussions are to stay and I only have no qualms with that if the community builds up to become a better place. Unfortunately, with the recent happening, it is very sad to see the communities take a complete turn-around as a result of Discussions and it doesn't look good on those who are moderating it.

What frustrates me the most is that Discussions is replacing Forums. My wiki utilizes Forums on a daily basis and people have been getting their questions answered in an efficient manner. With the removal of Forums, there will be a large userbase of the wiki that won't be able obtain news in an easy manner. Forums is fine as it is. There really isn't a reason to take it out.

I also understand that nothing is lost once Forums migrates to Discussions, but how will that be done? Navigating through specific posts and comments users have made in Discussions is already a terrible chore. There's no Wiki Activity that links to Discussions since it's completely separate, which makes matters even worse with Discussions' poor navigation anyway. Yes, improvements are being made to Discussions, but the recent updates that have been pulled out haven't had much of a huge success. Local IP blocks don't do an absolute thing and even if the IP is globally blocked, the user can still bypass the block by even a creation of a new account due to them not working at all in Discussions.

I've had it with the impending amount of drama that has led through my wiki's Discussions feed. I love the community for what it gives, but it would upset me to see it fall and crumble due to a certain feature that has been slowly updating. I understand that all of this takes time to develop, but if Discussions is here to stay, I would love to see significant changes that will better assist those (including myself) moderating it. I can say that removing Forums completely is NOT how I would like to see changes to Discussions.

I hereby sign this petition.

Linathan (talk) 01:46, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Miststream wrote:
      To be honest, it just creates more confusion and is way too big of a change. Would it be impossible for the Forum namespace to become more portable instead of creating an entirely new "feature"?

It is a massive change that needs work to succeed. Regardless of the rollout date, the blog felt a little early for my taste. But it was impossible for staff to get Special:Forum working in mobile devices. I sent in as much feedback as I could - my faith is therein.

Loading editor
    • There is Special:Contact/feedback. I don't know how far a "petition" will get you. What are you trying to accomplish, and do you think staff will listen to lackluster feedback?

I think it's silly to create / sign a "petition" when you haven't even told staff directly about what's wrong with Discussions. How are they supposed to know what to change? You have to give feedback - and they probably won't see it if it's one of hundreds of blog replies.

Feedback is not "blah blah blah sucks" or "bootleg Twitter", it's actually providing constructive feedback regarding the feature. Again, I suggest sending your feedback through S:C - because there, Staff will respond to your message.

Note: This is not directed at the OP, but rather just a general message.

Loading editor
    • i support

Loading editor
    • Constructive feedback on Discussions would be specific responses that provide informative guidance, focusing on specific aspects of the product. Like this.

>Replacing a perfectly fine feature in favor for a pitiful attempt to be Twitter and Miiverse's love child. (THIS IS THE MOST PROMINENT REASON THAT I'VE SEEN BY THE WAY)

This is not good feedback. This opinion is one more closer to the rants seen in the blog (also a bad association for the petition).

Loading editor
    • Gp75motorsports REV LIMITER GT-PT/GT-EN/CSW 02:06, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Monochromatic Bunny wrote: There is Special:Contact/feedback. I don't know how far a "petition" will get you. What are you trying to accomplish, and do you think staff will listen to lackluster feedback?

I think it's silly to create / sign a "petition" when you haven't even told staff directly about what's wrong with Discussions. How are they supposed to know what to change? You have to give feedback - and they probably won't see it if it's one of hundreds of blog replies.

Feedback is not "blah blah blah sucks" or "bootleg Twitter", it's actually providing constructive feedback regarding the feature. Again, I suggest sending your feedback through S:C - because there, Staff will respond to your message.

Note: This is not directed at the OP, but rather just a general message.

Of course it's silly, I didn't think anyone took it seriously? Like staff would actually stop and look at us voicing our opinions on a feature that affects us as a whole, LOL.

Loading editor
    • @Miststream: Based on the replies, some people obviously took it seriously. The author of the thread also seems to take this seriously, as I don't understand why they would post numerous blog comments and a petition thread contesting Discussions just for "fun".

Also, I don't think you're giving Wikia staff enough credit. I don't understand how someone could reach the level of negativity where they conclude that Staff does not care about user opinions. That just seems odd, as they want you to provide feedback. Obviously they won't listen if you're not sending any feedback, and justifying that notion as "they won't listen to user opinions anyway".

Loading editor
    • ...I was being sarcastic about the 'this thread is silly' part, I don't think I'd sign if it was silly.

Loading editor
    • Miststream wrote: ...I was being sarcastic about the 'this thread is silly' part, I don't think I'd sign if it was silly.

This is the internet, it's not easy to tell if you were being sarcastic or not. Anyway, if it was "sarcasm" then I misunderstood your post.

Loading editor
    • I have no choice but to support choice 1, as of the fact you have posts that are all for causing drama on /d. TAoA 03:37, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Add me to the list.

Loading editor
    • Even though I highly disagree with Discussions and think it's the most horrible thing Wikia has ever done, I don't think this thread makes sense... Staff might not pay attention to this and you cant give Wikia no choice. They have to be offered with something they can work with. They will not scrap a project they have been working on for a year which they even held meetings for, the community connect meetings, bringing in Users from all over the globe which was probably expensive for Wikia. You have to look at it from Wikia's side too...

I guess option 1 could be the most possible work-around so they won't lose any progress but it's pretty redundant to have 2 forum features functioning at the same time. Discussions is horrible right now but I am sure it could end up as a good replacement for the forums eventually, maybe even surpass it. All I hope is that they could hurry up implementing things and make discussions have all the functionality the forum has, at the very least.

As for the /d users... We'd just have to tolerate them and hope they get used to behaving appropriately in the long run. As we get more and more features to handle Discussion Users, threads, and posts it would get easier for everyone eventually. I just hope the mass surge of /d users won't overpower local staff on wikis when it's fully implemented globally, that's probably the worst issue. Too many people on /d to watch over.

Some more of the concerns discussed: [1], [2], [3], [4].

So yeah, I don't really think any options on this thread would work with Wikia, Wikia just has to implement all of the features we are looking forward to which the Discussions need to be on par with the forums or even surpass it, and hope it goes live ASAP.

Loading editor
    • Linathan wrote: I understand Wikia Discussions are to stay and I only have no qualms with that if the community builds up to become a better place. Unfortunately, with the recent happening, it is very sad to see the communities take a complete turn-around as a result of Discussions and it doesn't look good on those who are moderating it.

What frustrates me the most is that Discussions is replacing Forums. My wiki utilizes Forums on a daily basis and people have been getting their questions answered in an efficient manner. With the removal of Forums, there will be a large userbase of the wiki that won't be able obtain news in an easy manner. Forums is fine as it is. There really isn't a reason to take it out.

I also understand that nothing is lost once Forums migrates to Discussions, but how will that be done? Navigating through specific posts and comments users have made in Discussions is already a terrible chore. There's no Wiki Activity that links to Discussions since it's completely separate, which makes matters even worse with Discussions' poor navigation anyway. Yes, improvements are being made to Discussions, but the recent updates that have been pulled out haven't had much of a huge success. Local IP blocks don't do an absolute thing and even if the IP is globally blocked, the block can still be blocked by even a creation of a new account due to them not working at all in Discussions.

I've had it with the impending amount of drama that has led through my wiki's Discussions feed. I love the community for what it gives, but it would upset me to see it fall and crumble due to a certain feature that has been slowly updating. I understand that all of this takes time to develop, but if Discussions is here to stay, I would love to see significant changes that will better assist those (including myself) moderating it. I can say that removing Forums completely is NOT how I would like to see changes to Discussions.

i second this. this user and i are the admins for the same (Brave Frontier) Wiki. Yapboonyew 04:41, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Yapboonyew wrote:

Linathan wrote: I understand Wikia Discussions are to stay and I only have no qualms with that if the community builds up to become a better place. Unfortunately, with the recent happening, it is very sad to see the communities take a complete turn-around as a result of Discussions and it doesn't look good on those who are moderating it.

I also understand that nothing is lost once Forums migrates to Discussions, but how will that be done? Navigating through specific posts and comments users have made in Discussions is already a terrible chore. There's no Wiki Activity that links to Discussions since it's completely separate, which makes matters even worse with Discussions' poor navigation anyway. Yes, improvements are being made to Discussions, but the recent updates that have been pulled out haven't had much of a huge success. Local IP blocks don't do an absolute thing and even if the IP is globally blocked, the block can still be blocked by even a creation of a new account due to them not working at all in Discussions.

i second this. this user and i are the admins for the same (Brave Frontier) Wiki. Yapboonyew 04:41, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Longtime moderator of the Brave Frontier wiki signing.

The Brave Frontier wiki has had some very bad experiences, such as a civil war (many of them!) breaking out between the newer users who only use Discussions and the longtime users of our wiki who frequent the live chat and the Forums. As the mediator between those two platforms, it was, indeed, a terrible chore sorting out all the angry people and weeding out the toxic ones.

The logistics of migrating the Forum content to Discussions is also very questionable: as what my fellow admin Linathan has stated, it is a chore in and of itself. The Brave Frontier wiki is very reliant on its forums, as what Yapboonyew said, so removing Forums will put the Brave Frontier wiki in a considerable slump for the months to come; and there may be more wikis that will face the same problem as us, their reliance on the Forums eventually crumbling down if it is removed.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Loading editor
    • Monochromatic Bunny wrote: There is Special:Contact/feedback. ... I think it's silly to create / sign a "petition" when you haven't even told staff directly about what's wrong with Discussions. How are they supposed to know what to change? You have to give feedback...

You miss the point. Most of us don't care about Discussion. In fact, we care so little about it, that it is painful to know that they want to replace Forum (an important feature we care about) with that. We can't provide feedback about something we don't want. Is like trying to answer the "How would you like to be hurt?" question.

This is silly, but not pointless. This is just a way to send a message. "Hey, you're doing things we don't like. Just letting you know." The fallout from the Forum disappearance will be noticed and this post right here will be "evidence" that there was people who knew what would happen, but could do nothing to prevent the eventual entropy of the system.

Loading editor
    • Blake Xi wrote:
      Yapboonyew wrote:

Linathan wrote: I understand Wikia Discussions are to stay and I only have no qualms with that if the community builds up to become a better place. Unfortunately, with the recent happening, it is very sad to see the communities take a complete turn-around as a result of Discussions and it doesn't look good on those who are moderating it.

Longtime moderator of the Brave Frontier wiki signing.

The Brave Frontier wiki has had some very bad experiences, such as a civil war (many of them!) breaking out between the newer users who only use Discussions and the longtime users of our wiki who frequent the live chat and the Forums. As the mediator between those two platforms, it was, indeed, a terrible chore sorting out all the angry people and weeding out the toxic ones.

The logistics of migrating the Forum content to Discussions is also very questionable: as what my fellow admin Linathan has stated, it is a chore in and of itself. The Brave Frontier wiki is very reliant on its forums, as what Yapboonyew said, so removing Forums will put the Brave Frontier wiki in a considerable slump for the months to come; and there may be more wikis that will face the same problem as us, their reliance on the Forums eventually crumbling down if it is removed.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Moderator of Brave Frontier Wik signing in.

Discussions was ok at first but then it started to crumble once drama or "Wars" started to break out. As my fellow Mods/Admins as said a lot of people in Discussions like to pull people into drama and that becomes a massive job that we mod/admins have to settle to make everyone happy (and sometimes that doesnt even work and we have to resort to ban or block). I myself absolutely hate to ban or block people but when it does get to the point that i do ban or block its a serious matter.

This is why i am signing this petition

Loading editor
    • I vote for 3, not that it will change anything, because apparently all staff are using phones only (sarcasm?), and they're not going listen to other opinions anyway. I tried to talk, but they are interested in just 10% of community. There's no drama, this is happening, will happen, and it's terrible.

Loading editor
    • WARFRAME Wiki admin here, as much as I hate to admit it, I already gave up giving feedback years ago. The staff's decision just never change no matter how many people tune in their feedback.

Loading editor
    • Signing this. I'm sceptical about whether they'll actually scrap it (though I really hope they do). But hey, they scrapped Venus and some other things. SusannahWithAnHleave a message

Loading editor
    • Signing this Sauron, Dark Lord of Mordor (talk) 08:22, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Not signing this, because we all know Wikia will not listen to the userbase, but I completely agree with the majority of comments against /d. It has no chance of redemption and being forced to lose threaded forums (and at some unknown time, walls) just stinks of corporate greed and wilful ignorance of the user base.

Loading editor
    • I am signing this.

Loading editor
    • -Igor the Mii 13:47, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Wikia rarely listens to their users on things like this, but hey, maybe I'll be surprised and they scrap this idea like they should.

Mr.LuigiDude, Bureaucrat of Le Miiverse Resource

Loading editor
    • signed

I think Discussions should just stay as an optional thing instead of replacing forums in the future.

Loading editor
    • Hope this time they do.

Loading editor
    • Mr.LuigiDude wrote: Wikia rarely listens to their users on things like this, but hey, maybe I'll be surprised and they scrap this idea like they should.

Repeat: not a signature.

Well, if people continually insult the feature and staff instead of sending detailed feedback to staff on it regardless of difficutly, why should Wikia staff listen?

Loading editor
    • SforHope wrote: You miss the point. Most of us don't care about Discussion. In fact, we care so little about it, that it is painful to know that they want to replace Forum (an important feature we care about) with that. We can't provide feedback about something we don't want. Is like trying to answer the "How would you like to be hurt?" question.

This is silly, but not pointless. This is just a way to send a message. "Hey, you're doing things we don't like. Just letting you know." The fallout from the Forum disappearance will be noticed and this post right here will be "evidence" that there was people who knew what would happen, but could do nothing to prevent the eventual entropy of the system.

So, if Discussions is inevitable, you prefer to sit back, complain, and sign a "petition" even though you know nothing you say will change Wikia's mind?

Why not attempt to provide feedback?

Loading editor
    • I support this, but please make sure to give some constructive and detailed feedback/suggestions to Wikia via Special:Contact/general so you'll be legitimately heard ...kinda.

Loading editor
    • "Provide feedback, contact" Some people tried, it doesn't work out. When I did, they were just keep sending me to their "very detailed" and "explaining" table with some statistics.

Loading editor
    • Suminoma wrote: "Provide feedback, contact" Some people tried, it doesn't work out. When I did, they were just keep sending me to their "very detailed" and "explaining" table with some statistics.

This...sending legit feedback to Wikia is often a lost cause. They're usually firm in their beliefs for implementing whatever and it's only worked for a few things, like major skin changes.

I would like both forums and discussions, but I'm certain trying to tell them that I'll just get a "But forums arent mobile friendly, so we're doing away with them anyways" reply.

Loading editor
    • What did you write? Was it anything as specific and civil as this?

Loading editor
    • It's still better than an informal petition though...

Loading editor
    • ΜΖD wrote:
      This...sending legit feedback to Wikia is often a lost cause. They're usually firm in their beliefs for implementing whatever and it's only worked for a few things, like major skin changes.

I would like both forums and discussions, but I'm certain trying to tell them that I'll just get a "But forums aren't mobile friendly, so we're doing away with them anyways" reply.

I'm not perfectly happy with Discussions. But I have a bad hunch users from here are giving unconstructive feedback like "kill the beta" and "why is this needed?", rather than "remove the obscene column margin on the list of posts for desktop".

Loading editor
    • Speedit wrote:
      I'm not perfectly happy with Discussions. But I have a bad hunch users from here are giving unconstructive feedback like "kill the beta" and "why is this needed?", rather than "remove the obscene column margin on the list of posts for desktop".

I've noted that in the blog, the actual space for discussions is far too small compared to the sides (which don't even have much in them)

I do think discussions can be okay with important additions like wikitext and highlighting and a huge design overhaul, at least for desktop as they look like they were ported straight from mobile with nothing extra added for desktop users. Thankfully these things have been pointed out in the blog so I'm hoping Wikia at least takes that bit into consideration.

Loading editor
    • Not a signature

Where has Wikia said that forums are being removed? I mean can you link to an explicit statement by Wikia staff?

Loading editor
    • Saftzie wrote: Not a signature

Where has Wikia said that forums are being removed? I mean can you link to an explicit statement by Wikia staff?

Not a signature. No offence, but did you even read the blog that Wikia posted about /d? It's written literally right there that forums are being removed, whether we like it or not, in the future.

Loading editor
    • Saftzie wrote: Not a signature

"With Discussions, Wikia plans to replace the existing Forum feature.

As the project of retiring Forum proceeds over the coming months'"'

Loading editor
    • This is a sig, sign me up boys

Loading editor
    • Why Wikia. Why

Loading editor
    • I will sign this

Sandgar, Old User 21:15, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • I'm down, I hate the idea.

Loading editor
    • I sign this with pride-Mr_Creeper500 (Spam Target) Juggling.gif 21:22, September 9, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Not a signature

I just want to point it out that if you read carefully the blog and the faqs Discussions has a lot of features planned which are exactly what people are complaining that it lacks compared to Forums. I mean, I remember similar complaints about Message Walls and the very forums people seem to be now fond of.

Personally I'm going to create a wiki-style forum for my wiki (which is small) and use that for community discussions, while leaving to Discussions the "fandom stuff". IMHO Wiki-style forum are great for "wiki discussions" and sucks for "social/fandom stuff" while Discussions is great for "social/fandom stuff" and sucks for "wiki discussions" while this forum is a meh for both.

Loading editor
    • Not a signature Though this may turn out okay, my community wiki needs a place to vote. We are one of the few democratic wikis, and voting is a major part of the wiki. We can not just use blogs (which will also be removed). We need a forum so we can vote or how is my wiki suppose to run. A dictatorship, or use another site like discord. I don't want to force people to go on to other sites just to vote.

Loading editor
    • P9ii23ddCmJ (talk) 00:13, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

I don't use Wikia forums that often anymore, but I still use them enough to realize that this is an issue. Wikia still hasn't learned their lesson after the user rights thing. You do not always need to remove in order to add, Wikia.

People have tried to stand up to Wikia before, but Wikia wouldn't listen. And I still think it's pretty much a garuntee that the Discussions aren't going away. But now with an actual petition with Wikia admins/founders all over supporting, we MIGHT be able to save the forums from their demise. That's a big might though.

The Discussions Announcement Blog:
      Maybe you noticed something important in the Rogue One trailer and you can provide an expert fan analysis on that. Perhaps you want to talk about what the story of all the new characters might be, or even what Darth Vader's role in the movie could be. Is a factual wiki page the right place for that?

If it's a factual wiki page that doesn't look like a factual wiki page and looks instead like a forum and is modeled and used like one, then Yes.

Loading editor
    • Monochromatic Bunny wrote: So, if Discussions is inevitable, you prefer to sit back, complain, and sign a "petition" even though you know nothing you say will change Wikia's mind?

Why not attempt to provide feedback?

Wasn't I clear enough?

Because we don't want/care about Discussions. It's here anyway and it's completely different to Forum. What feedback could we give?

"Hey, could you make Discussions more like Forums... like 100%?"

That's not feedback and we can't provide proper fb, because it is clear we don't want the feature forced into our communities. There's not much we can do, but show dissatisfaction.

Loading editor
    • Moderator of Le Miiverse Resource signing. This petition probably won't do jack, but hey, if this gives even a little chance of getting this downgrade ("Update" implies that the site would be improved by this).

I've said my words on this in the blog, I hate this thing, it's not good for nearly anyone, nobody really appreciates it, seriously disappointed in this whole thing. I have less and less incentive to go to Wikia anymore aside from looking at information, this downgrade might very well make me leave the forums completely.

Oh, and I said this before but please bring back the Forum Moderator position, there was so so little reason to replace it. 

Loading editor
    • Speedit wrote:

Mr.LuigiDude wrote: Wikia rarely listens to their users on things like this, but hey, maybe I'll be surprised and they scrap this idea like they should.

Repeat: not a signature.

Well, if people continually insult the feature and staff instead of sending detailed feedback to staff on it regardless of difficutly, why should Wikia staff listen?

Who's "insulting" wikia staff? Criticism =/= insults, as much as some people seem to think otherwise.

Loading editor
    • I completely support this. I've already stated my reasons in the blog for disagreeing with the Discussions feature. If this Discussions feature should be an option instead, then that would be good.

FANMADE Pinkie Pie jumping Pinkgirl234 Message Wall Element of Laughter02:26, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Darthwatch789 (talk) 04:29, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

Discussions should just be optional like another user said, instead of replacing the forums. 

Loading editor
    • Totally support.

Loading editor
    • I'm against it right now, since the current discussions feature does not meet with my satisfaction.

Loading editor
    • Singing.

Loading editor
    • Павлник wrote: Singing.

Don't you mean signing?

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote:

Павлник wrote: Singing.

Don't you mean signing?

Yeah. Ssory, i'm from russian version. We too make our petetion.

http://ru.community.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B0:86705

Loading editor
    • Not happy with Discussions, they could at least keep the Forums as well instead of getting rid of them entirely.

*signs*

Crystal Lugia (talk) 10:49, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • I don't really like them, so

Mamvik ~ Talk. Time: 11:24, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Why would you fix something that wasn't even broken in the first place?

My taste in music is your face. (talk) 11:39, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Take 42 more votes from Russian users!

• Лев - черепаха
      • FRAER
      • TIE Artem
      • Flame pea
      • DiZiLeDoT
      • Ляшко ОВ
      • Лорд Аэф
      • Basshu Tsuvinkuri
      • KeepingCalm
      • Эдуард Лайм
      • Idel sea Qatarhael
      • JerryEngineer
      • Selot
      • Павлник
      • Усатый барон
      • BounceMashiro
      • Kingsvin Первый
      • 0KolL0
      • Бывший Лорд птиц
      • Kos365
      • Сабзин-86
      • Голограмма
      • Джей тон
      • КонстантинСергеев
      • Рыбка
      • Эдельвейс
      • Кримера
      • Серебряная птица
      • Spyonclear
      • PeregrinTooktook
      • Icy Tails
      • Inqisitor
      • Concorde deer
      • Миха из Крыма
      • Ivaristal
      • Mamvik
      • Sambian
      • Zawatsky
      • Camandor
      • Авгур Данленский
      • Aruteous
      • Katarsiz
        Loading editor
    • Лев - черепаха wrote: Take 42 more votes from Russian users!

• Лев - черепаха
      • FRAER
      • TIE Artem
      • Flame pea
      • DiZiLeDoT
      • Ляшко ОВ
      • Лорд Аэф
      • Basshu Tsuvinkuri
      • KeepingCalm
      • Эдуард Лайм
      • Idel sea Qatarhael
      • JerryEngineer
      • Selot
      • Павлник
      • Усатый барон
      • BounceMashiro
      • Kingsvin Первый
      • 0KolL0
      • Бывший Лорд птиц
      • Kos365
      • Сабзин-86
      • Голограмма
      • Джей тон
      • КонстантинСергеев
      • Рыбка
      • Эдельвейс
      • Кримера
      • Серебряная птица
      • Spyonclear
      • PeregrinTooktook
      • Icy Tails
      • Inqisitor
      • Concorde deer
      • Миха из Крыма
      • Ivaristal
      • Mamvik
      • Sambian
      • Zawatsky
      • Camandor
      • Авгур Данленский
      • Aruteous
      • Katarsiz

Whoaaaa, thank you!

Loading editor
    • MonadoGuy wrote:
      Who's "insulting" Wikia staff? Criticism =/= insults, as much as some people seem to think otherwise.

Not a signature

I'm not happy at all with Wikia's new Discussions feature. I got some serious help from other users and channelled my dissatisfaction into a large dump of constructive and specific feedback regarding different aspects of Discussions, which I, as a Discussion mod on Pokemon Wiki, ironically haven't been quoted on in this petition. Maybe because they're actually constructive? Like a small number of other users on the blog, whose actual feedback are being drowned in wishful thinking to kill a beta. I'd be signing this petition, if it didn't clarify that Discussions could be improved into a viable competitor for desktop forum users on Wikia.

I strongly think opinions like "Wikia rarely listens to their users" are not criticism. They're insults and they directly contradict the existence of an official contact form or feedback form. They also contradict the way staff pulled Venus by user request - after some Wikia users gave it a testing ground and high-quality feedback on how to fix it which didn't work out. I think there's a lack of appreciation that the rollout hasn't happened and won't happen for months. It appears like people here have been contacting staff - to ask obnoxious questions like why Discussions is necessary when staff made clear they're finally bringing search and mobile support to Wikia's forums.

I'm not saying Discussions is complete at all - from what I see, the desktop version only has the customization features and the basic functionality I'd want from a viable product. I don't want anything to do with this thread by at least twenty four hours ago, I just don't like incivility - especially to the people who gave us the only truly stable and universal wiki farm on the Internet.

Peace out, and please respond on my wall.

EDIT: If I'm not happy with Discussions when the rollout is at hand, then expect me to be pitchforking civilly for its removal with you. Have a good day, and feel free to sign.

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Rikuya
      Rikuya removed this reply because:
      13:03, September 10, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Feedback is needed guys, you cant just make Wikia abandon a year long project, that's not really feedback to them. You need to give them good options. Option one on the first post seems like the most possible compromise like I've said but a lot of you prefer option 3 and that's just not going to happen... Why would they make a deal where they'd lose everything they've worked for? I hate discussions as much as the next guy but people just cant go "I'll hold my breath until you buy me a pony!", we have to be realistic here.

Oh, and can you guys please stop quoting really long messages? It's getting silly. Half the length of this thread is just because of long messages being quoted a dozen times. You can shorten quotes or just link the thread number of which post you want people to see. E.g.: @Thread:1106806#666.

Loading editor
    • - ❧Cans48❦(talk) 12:43, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • "Please, don't replace perfectly working feature with less functional feature." What other feedback can be? I understand people can be unreasonable, but there are still few reasonable people who were testing this feature and used contact, and they aren't satisfied either. Working a year for an update? Well, if they've brought that up earlier, they possibly woundn't be working on it at all.

I just stopped caring, this petition is pointless anyway. I wonder what could happen if everyone who signed here just tried to contact people working on this update. Programmers aren't bots, they can talk.

Loading editor
    • A simple thing would be to make Discussions optional. Is it possible we can just change the petition to that? Removing it does get rid of some hard work.

Loading editor
    • FluffyYoshi wrote:
      A simple thing would be to make Discussions optional. Is it possible we can just change the petition to that? Removing it does get rid of some hard work.

TheFoxyRiolu wrote:
      This petition isn't necessarily asking to completely scrap the Discussions function altogether, but I'm asking for one of three possible outcomes.

Either;

1. Wikia keeps forums and adds Discussions as a Fandom-based thing instead of fully replacing the forums—a perfectly okay function with lots of importance in some communities—altogether.
      2. Improve Discussions to give it more functionality (adding wikitext, removing blocked user reporting, etc) or make it so that it at least isn't bootleg Twitter/Reddit/Miiverse.
        Loading editor
    • Support. Lumoshi (tc) 13:47, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • 25 more Russians:

• Квакша4
      • Блэкэт
      • Мастер-некромант
      • ИРЕЗА-Анюта 2.0
      • Noctus Fatum
      • Метатель Реда и Чака
      • Gezz12
      • Count Dooku2012
      • Тони Теренс Хэл Ред
      • Rowena Greenwood
      • Медовая Полосатая Кошка (е - майл утерян)
      • Лнуорон
      • Vandyc
      • Kabuto1997
      • Лао Цзы
      • Мертвый Омич
      • Доктор404
      • Gordon RBD
      • Renat546
      • WikiChanin
      • Никто,просто никто.
      • MetroKaiser
      • Gg gj
      • Aenn
      • LII T O R M
        Loading editor
    • signed

Loading editor
    • ElmetSlots.

Loading editor
    • Here's our Russian Petition, if you need it.

Click

Loading editor
    • Signing. Forums FTW

15:46, September 10, 2016 (UTC)
        Loading editor
    • Signing

Loading editor
    • 75 more Russian votes:

• YaSArmedonskova
      • Шарарамчиже
      • Якілур
      • Emerald Phil
      • Habarish
      • GreyFrey
      • Свинюша 0071
      • Pyaniy mutant
      • TarrakoT
      • Vizator
      • Лалка
      • FromTheSky
      • Лисохвост
      • TheStimerGames
      • Real-JK
      • VitalKanev
      • ТУСОВЩИК
      • Tankrak
      • Lolbit
      • Loster48
      • Loks Karref
      • Колючая Звезда
      • Besenok k
      • Bit Bnasn
      • Конь не Троян
      • Yumi Hatashi
      • Ghosteron
      • Туман над рекой
      • Zedic45
      • Fedorkukuruzo
      • Stannum
      • ZeroVex
      • Enetrel SP
      • Azazellz
      • Nick GunMaster
      • Любопытный кот 43
      • Serg1994
      • Анита мося
      • Ланори
      • 1Skrllex1
      • Lelu02
      • Vezio
      • Jaden 74
      • Rehbkmoer
      • Саймон666
      • Главный свин-миньон575
      • Gabbi54
      • MarvelBoy2002
      • GiDrA
      • Night Покемон
      • Kevin Rudik
      • Паладин Алекс
      • Grrm
      • Персиковая Звезда
      • Снегогривая
      • Венди-Сан
      • Otas
      • Egar2015
      • Kimirra
      • Элзи
      • Дима Боев 2
      • Добродетель
      • Калигари5551
      • SmiledMoon
      • Ку кушка2015
      • Dr.Bryan
      • Annovy
      • Sabkv
      • Slimper
      • TsAR
      • Кайтэн
      • Птица гром 0.2
      • FairyFenix
      • Анна Белая Волчица
      • Teurg
        Loading editor
    • RenzXVI wrote: They will not scrap a project they have been working on

They scrapped Maps. A feature that has no analogues. Because they are working on a replacement of an existing feature.

Guys, Special:Contact will never ever work. I report a bug, which several other people had as well, and I receive this: "Everything works fine on my end". And that's all. The staffs don't care about anything.

I already signed Russian petition, but will also leave a signature here. Кримера 19:07, September 10, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Should probably make a pastebin for all of the signers, since there are quite a lot now.

Loading editor
    • Кримера wrote: Guys, Special:Contact will never ever work.

Sadly, this is true ... I'm running a roleplaying wiki with my friends and when we requested JS enabling and we gave up on it but after 7 months we got a reply ... *sigh* I wish they were more serious ...

Loading editor
    • Signing this for sure

Loading editor
    • Honestly I don't think Discussions should replace forums... They are two completely different things and while I don't hate discussions or dislike it (I actually like the idea) making it replace forum is a big BIG mistake...

It might not be a signature

But I don't want forum to go to waste

I appreciate staff's hard work to give us a new feature but using like this... It's a big mistake.

Loading editor
    • If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Loading editor
    • 50000cal wrote: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It is broken, in multiple ways.

And if we didn't "fix" what wasn't broken, we'd still use the steam engine.

Loading editor
    • Take 15 more votes from French users!

• Gol D. Sogeflo
      • Phenix-Marco
      • Jah Queen
      • Franky-F2
      • Mythic-Zoro
      • Kassord
      • Lulu le Sorcier
      • EvilWitch
      • Luffy300
      • Jabberwockyy
      • Franky003
      • AngelYuko
      • Attruri
      • ScroogeMcDuck
      • Cans48

See: http://communaute.wikia.com/wiki/Fil:50384

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

50000cal wrote: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It is broken, in multiple ways.

And if we didn't "fix" what wasn't broken, we'd still use the steam engine.

I was referring to the old forum system. It worked perfectly well, we didn't need to overhaul it completely.

Loading editor
    • I support this, sign me up.

Loading editor
    • Sign.

And yeah - i'm from Russia

Loading editor
    • WakaFromStarAnis wrote:

Кримера wrote: Guys, Special:Contact will never ever work.

Sadly, this is true ... I'm running a roleplaying wiki with my friends and when we requested JS enabling and we gave up on it but after 7 months we got a reply ... *sigh* I wish they were more serious ...

Are you sure? It is highly unlikely (most likely impossible) for Staff to reply after 7 months.

Loading editor
    • Yeah? All to just enable JS? That's only taken me 24 hours to get a response about.

Loading editor
    • Monochromatic Bunny wrote:

WakaFromStarAnis wrote:

Кримера wrote: Guys, Special:Contact will never ever work.

Are you sure? It is highly unlikely (most likely impossible) for Staff to reply after 7 months.

Yeah I am... I'm pretty sure that one of admins of our wiki contacted Wikia around 7 months ago... We already forgot about it and gave up but she(admin) got the message and we were really happy :)

Loading editor
    • How do you sign? I want to sign.

Loading editor
    • Signed

Loading editor
    • Signed the second I saw this

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • A weeb wrote:
      ~Benjamin the Weeb

>Sees you here

T R I G G E R E D D E R E G G I R T

Loading editor
    • Annabeth and Percy wrote: Yeah? All to just enable JS? That's only taken me 24 hours to get a response about.

Kirk replied to me the same day.

Loading editor
    • I'm signing

Gwiwer Southwesterland-icon, No MLG in my presence plsgwig please. 09:08, September 11, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • i'd be ok with 1 or 3, i suppose

XO Mapping (talk) 09:08, September 11, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • ^ Someone should probably remove the zalgo

I kinda like the feature, but replacing the forums is a big no, so I'm just gonna sign it

NukenZack. 10:07, September 11, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Russia: 84 more votes.

1. Пузырик
      2. Valdy
      3. Убийца принцесс
      4. AleXJkeee
      5. Phobium (SheoSan)
      6. SolairNeverDies
      7. Spacefrogling
      8. Anna Pavlova
      9. Kopcap94 (Helper!)
      10. Ксиле́ма
      11. Plizirim
      12. The Dmitro
      13. Zews super96
      14. NDX
      15. Захир~вернулся
      16. Demeitrij
      17. Княгиня
      18. Айраан
      19. Dragon Spyro
      20. Mr.lordi.vs
      21. Эллис Элдебри
      22. Demetrius Viridianus
      23. Baba Adamy
      24. SosiskaKi
      25. WingdingAster0
      26. GreenRadiation
      27. Max DeForge
      28. Stavros Stefanidis
      29. Major Garland
      30. DmitryVart
      31. Nick010s
      32. Кулибин
      33. Markersx
      34. TopazTheFusion
      35. Gurte
      36. ExplorerSmaily
      37. NECROCANNIBAL Sl150
      38. Alex6122
      39. Боевой Космический Роботонный Робот
      40. Маэдрос223
      41. Jamais Une
      42. КрутойПерец
      43. Okey Login
      44. Manka-Manka
      45. Сибирский Смотритель
      46. LEOnator
      47. WX-66
      48. Beexmo
      49. Лорд Фобос
      50. Хамачи
      51. BadBadHost
      52. Rainbow Grizz
      53. Ford the Author of the Journals
      54. Капрал 19-01
      55. Элдельвейс
      56. Killhtf
      57. Чёрный Оникс
      58. Алиса Эмако
      59. Ророноа Зоро
      60. Mukachi
      61. Gamer Yaroslav
      62. Pterodaktil
      63. Rendann
      64. Ejik5000
      65. Philosopher's Stone
      66. TheLibeRty
      67. Афанасий Косярин
      68. The Negative One
      69. Лентяй 200
      70. CorruptionWorld
      71. Terrarianer228
      72. MVSSuccubus
      73. Селми
      74. Zagryzaec
      75. Safarel
      76. DarkGreeD
      77. Hilsonkun
      78. BounceB
      79. Gorshanov
      80. Bincation
      81. Ewigeeinsamkeit
      82. Жака
      83. D'yaebl
      84. Coutess Depressia
        Loading editor
    • Please sign me up, every other asshole from a certain wiki is doing it and I agree with the message.

Loading editor
    • I agree with this. Please add me to the list.

The signature: Kotoritachi ~Talk?~ My blog 16:05, September 11, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Totally signing

Loading editor
    • i agree with this, please add me to the list

Loading editor
    • Supporting this definitely.

Loading editor
    • Signing. The Forums is the place where I go to the most on the wiki I go to, and it being taken away is ridiculous even for Wikia's standards.

Loading editor
    • Sign me up!

I agree with 1 and 3 btw.

Loading editor
    • Supporting this.

Loading editor
    • I will sign up for the greater good.

Loading editor
    • Sign me up too.

Loading editor
    • Petitions don't seem to do much, but I'll sign this anyway.

Loading editor
    • ^ I agree with TheOneTrueCardinal, but I'll still sign.

Loading editor
    • Completely hate this whole discussions idea, and if it overrides forums, I will probably be leaving Wikia. Sign me on this petition.

~The Second (talk) 01:23, September 12, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • So i checked this "discussions" thing and all i can say is that its unnecesarily complicated and way more resource demanding than Forums, i cant see how making something so resource demanding is a step up from what we currently have (which by the way works prefectly fine in mobiles in my opinion), utility is most definetly not being taken into account here so..

Please sign me the fudge up.

Loading editor
    • Sign me up

Loading editor
    • HighJewElfKing
      HighJewElfKing removed this reply because:
      Eh
      02:48, September 12, 2016
    • Plus 40 Russians.

1. Кукурузник Мира
      2. Ииши
      3. Warhaze
      4. Бренный Дух
      5. Майор Лиза
      6. Карамболь
      7. Песчанозвёздная
      8. Agent P Second
      9. Mr.BaneVader
      10. Эдита Ботезат
      11. Чёрный сталкер
      12. Макс Громов
      13. Coffee-cun
      14. Рубиновый Закат
      15. Тэйтанка-птекила
      16. Jafia
      17. Shizanat
      18. Meowlins
      19. Sociophobia
      20. Иррациональный
      21. John D. Long
      22. Amadeus The Mage
      23. Иопад Гракх
      24. Crippo43
      25. Siwang
      26. Angry Saur 060
      27. Iskandra
      28. DennyNice
      29. Vzhik
      30. Nersimi
      31. Thilis
      32. Гигантский харвестер
      33. HellK9t
      34. Бывший Лорд птиц
      35. VladislavPG
      36. Венгерыч
      37. SaloCaesar
      38. Таз'Рэнн вас Райа
      39. Dul-El
      40. MrMadCopter
        Loading editor
    • P9ii23ddCmJ wrote:

FluffyYoshi wrote:
      A simple thing would be to make Discussions optional. Is it possible we can just change the petition to that? Removing it does get rid of some hard work.

TheFoxyRiolu wrote:
      This petition isn't necessarily asking to completely scrap the Discussions function altogether, but I'm asking for one of three possible outcomes.

Either;

Whoops. :x

Loading editor
    • I'm not cruel enough to ask people to scrap something they've worked on for a while, so I'll sign for 1 & 2.

That Bloncherer Jerk (talk) 12:38, September 12, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • I don't ask for a pure scrap of the Discussion Project, but replacing the forums with a feature that simply doesn't allow replying and wikitext?

Sign me for 1.

Paradox.XXIV (talk) 12:57, September 12, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Signed for 1.

Loading editor
    • ElmetSlots
      ElmetSlots removed this reply because:
      je voulais juste tester si le message fonctionner ici
      15:03, September 12, 2016
    • We've reached 361 signatures. Thanks so much guys!

Loading editor
    • TheFoxyRiolu wrote: We've reached 361 signatures. Thanks so much guys!

Which means absolutely nothing. Now, if 361 people came up with actual feedback, that'd be useful.

Loading editor
    • There are eight pages of base-level comments on the blog itself. That's plenty of feedback, much of which the staff have not responded to. In addition, many of those comments are replies, iterating on and debating the points raised in the base-level comments.

I believe there are twenty base-level comments to a page, so that's… over 140 people coming up with "actual feedback". And add two or more replies for most comments for the current total comment count of 502, most of which seems to be constructive, concrete feedback.

And were that not enough, you could also factor in the feedback being given on this thread. Yes, many posts are just signatures, but some of them explain their reasoning for choosing the option they did, or for signing the petition at all. There are 361 signatures; many of those are bound to be backed up with "actual feedback", whether on the thread or on the blog.

Loading editor
    • AgentMuffin wrote: There are eight pages of base-level comments on the blog itself. That's plenty of feedback, much of which the staff have not responded to. In addition, many of those comments are replies, iterating on and debating the points raised in the base-level comments.

I believe there are twenty base-level comments to a page, so that's… over 140 people coming up with "actual feedback". And add two or more replies for most comments for the current total comment count of 502, most of which seems to be constructive, concrete feedback.

And were that not enough, you could also factor in the feedback being given on this thread. Yes, many posts are just signatures, but some of them explain their reasoning for choosing the option they did, or for signing the petition at all. There are 361 signatures; many of those are bound to be backed up with "actual feedback", whether on the thread or on the blog.

"It sucks", "make it optional" and the like don't count as feedback. There are valid points raised, but the number of editors that reply to a thread (or have someone else reply on a thread) does not add any value to the feedback.

Loading editor
    • Viperinelight50(Contact Me)

I agree with this. Discussions is a ripoff of Twitter, basically, and will just increase the already ridiculous workload for staff members.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

TheFoxyRiolu wrote: We've reached 361 signatures. Thanks so much guys!

Which means absolutely nothing. Now, if 361 people came up with actual feedback, that'd be useful.

So people saying they do not want it is not feedback. I mean it doesn't have to be an essay, but many people want to keep forums, and do not really want discussions, or want both, but forums must stay for people to even like Discussions.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

Feedback for what? Half the people dislike this because we don't want ANYTHING to do with it, most of us prefer the forums, and apart of the occasional glitch, it certainly isn't broken.

Loading editor
    • Yes. Forums have a purpose. Discussions is just an extra feature to make our browsers slower and increase Wikia's ad revenue.

Ha ha, Wikia. I use AdBlock >:D

Loading editor
    • Wikia, needs to lower their ads, so they are not so intrusive. I had to use adblocker here due to the ram killing ads. If wikia would be so much nicer to make more website friendly ads, I would kindly turn my adblocker off.

Loading editor
    • Sandgar wrote: Wikia, needs to lower their ads, so they are not so intrusive. I had to use adblocker here due to the ram killing ads. If wikia would be so much nicer to make more website friendly ads, I would kindly turn my adblocker off.

You can select a less ads option in your preferences. That way, only main pages show ads.

The more people use adblock, the more ads sites will have to use.

Loading editor
    • Well, I did, but still, it is such intrusive ads I must have an adblocker on my homepage.

Loading editor
    • I use Ad block because the ads cover up the scroll bar and toolbar.

Loading editor
    • Viperinelight50 wrote: I use Ad block because the ads cover up the scroll bar and toolbar.

Not if you use the less ads option.

I don't use Adblock on Wikia, and I barely notice any ads. In the rare case I go to a main page, I get some ads, but not much.

Loading editor
    • http://communaute.wikia.com/wiki/Fil:50384

French have joined the party

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

Viperinelight50 wrote: I use Ad block because the ads cover up the scroll bar and toolbar.

Not if you use the less ads option.

I don't use Adblock on Wikia, and I barely notice any ads. In the rare case I go to a main page, I get some ads, but not much.

Well Lucky you. They barrage me even with less ads opened.

Loading editor
    • Aye.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

I think it's still something. It shows that people support this and want a change. As for feedback, I highly doubt everyone here will write an essay or something, especially since "no" is just no. But I'll write a paragraph of feedback anyway, since I didn't do that before.

I don't want this feature to be implemented everywhere without permission because it should be a choice. Wikia says that communities are not (and should not be) run by dictators that don't listen to the input of the community. Well, Wikia itself is one big community, and they still intend to go through with this entirely, even though many people have said in the official announcement's comments that they've decided against this. And many of them gave feedback and reasons.

Does this mean everyone has a good point? No. Does it mean there's a wide consensus that Discussions aren't a good idea/shouldn't be forced? Yes.

Loading editor
    • Kotoritachi wrote:

Tupka217 wrote:

I think it's still something. It shows that people support this and want a change. As for feedback, I highly doubt everyone here will write an essay or something, especially since "no" is just no. But I'll write a paragraph of feedback anyway, since I didn't do that before.

I don't want this feature to be implemented everywhere without permission because it should be a choice. Wikia says that communities are not (and should not be) run by dictators that don't listen to the input of the community. Well, Wikia itself is one big community, and they still intend to go through with this entirely, even though many people have said in the official announcement's comments that they've decided against this. And many of them gave feedback and reasons.

Does this mean everyone has a good point? No. Does it mean there's a wide consensus that Discussions aren't a good idea/shouldn't be forced? Yes.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but every change brings about people with their knee-jerk petitions, and they don't work. Extensive beta-testing and feedback do get changes. Wikia has run testing on diverse communities and has had ample discussions with the Council.

Discussions aren't perfect, and will never be. But Forums weren't anywhere near perfect either. No good search, bad Mercury support, no easy means to delete posts, ugly markup in Special:Search, criminally underused tags, and good luck trying to find that post that was accidentally given a category.

This is an early version of Discussions, subject to change. Even since we first tested it, it changed a lot. There's still plenty of things that needs to be done, and they're well aware of it - we pressed them really hard for categorization, contribution profiles and easier linking back at Community Connect. We've got two out of three so far.

Also, 361 users out of.... hundreds and hundreds of thousands. It's not even a drop in the ocean. The reactions here and on the blog are not a representative sample of the entire Wikia-population.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

Also, 361 users out of.... hundreds and hundreds of thousands. It's not even a drop in the ocean. The reactions here and on the blog are not a representative sample of the entire Wikia-population.

But in reality the "hundreds and hundreds of thousands" probably don't even know it's going to happen, or haven't even seen the blog.

Loading editor
    • Still, complainers are more likely to post than praisers, or even neutrals with some concerns or questions. The sample is skewed, as always.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: Still, complainers are more likely to post than praisers ...

Exactly.

Loading editor
    • I have created a petition in Portuguese: Conversa:15324.

Loading editor
    • Ah, worth a shot. RIP Forums.

I do wish the staff would at least look at this anyway.

Loading editor
    • Well give me a contact to them, the exact link so I can tell them that this needs to be optional

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Still, complainers are more likely to post than praisers, or even neutrals with some concerns or questions. The sample is skewed, as always.

While that is true, I think Wikia should take note on this backlash. We have multiple petitions in different languages, and it seems like majority of the people who has given feedback has opposed.

I don't really mind the discussions, but I definitely do not want them to replace the forums.

Loading editor
    • Kotoritachi wrote: Ah, worth a shot. RIP Forums.

I do wish the staff would at least look at this anyway.

Staff are paid employees. I don't think they have much control over this, since they're paid to do it.

Loading editor
    • Sandgar wrote: Well give me a contact to them, the exact link so I can tell them that this needs to be optional

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't see how that would work. Staff are paid to do these things. They don't do it because it's their decision. So I don't think they'd really have much say when it comes to making this optional or a replacement.

Loading editor
    • Sandgar wrote: Well give me a contact to them, the exact link so I can tell them that this needs to be optional

S:C/f and S:C/g are your friends.

Loading editor
    • Everything in this world is about money, but still. Do they gain revenue from visitors and how many times people come here? (This is a serious question. I don't know the answer.) Some people did mention they're planning to leave after this is switched entirely, which might be a bit of an overreaction, but that might affect something. Overall, I'm just mad about this and no matter how many people shoot me down, I'm probably still going to be quite frustrated. Just saying.

On a side note, how do they not have control over this? Didn't they come up with the idea?? Edit: Actually, that might be false, unless I read this wrong.

Loading editor
    • I'm for keeping forums.

Snow ~ Wall ~ Contribs ~ 23:33 9/12/2016

Loading editor
    • Thank you all, and I am actually going to write some creative feedback, that may help us with having forums being more important.

Loading editor
    • New edit: I really REALLY hope that the Wikia Staff makes this optional, since pretty much over 90% of the discussions on the English Overwatch Wikia have made zero edits to the wikia itself. Hell, alot of them haven't even bothered to look at the wikia itself. I even encountered a few discussions users that did not know how to access the Live! Chat. Because of this, the Overwatch Wiki's chat is always empty and it's rare to get edits from people that aren't admins.

CookiesAndChicken 21:12, September 13, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Sandgar wrote: Thank you all, and I am actually going to write some creative feedback, that may help us with having forums being more important.

I don't think that'll work, but it's always worth a try!

Loading editor
    • Well, I told them creative ways to do things.

Loading editor
    • If people who don't complain don't write about, still means nothing, but whatever. How about just turn one of regular articles to the forum? If you don't like "disgustions" so much, search for alternatives, find a javascript book, or without it, or something. It's not like you have other options.

Loading editor
    • True, but wiki style forums are something I do not want to resort to, and I mean, I have a feeling we can do rudimentary votes on dicussions. And hopefully I hope that wiki does fix their stuff, and make it workable.

Loading editor
    • User:Rekinado , also know as Reik, administrator of Polish Warhammer fantasy wiki.

Loading editor
    • I don`t want to have disccusions either. I love the fourms alot.

Loading editor
    • I don't like Discussions, because Wikia is a thing to write texts about your favourite topic, it isn't a thing to be like Twitter or Facebook. It will be good when Wikia keep forums and add Discussions as an optional extension (in WikiFeatures).

Zwiadowca Vnut

- administrator of Polish Ranger's Apprentice Wiki.

Loading editor
    • -Teenbat (talk ¤ contributions) 17:46, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
      Bureaucrat on the Sly Cooper Wiki.

Loading editor
    • I don't like Discussion, because for me it's more comfortable to use forums. I don't want Wikia to become another Twitter or something. I agree with Vnut about adding Discussion as an optional extension.

Tekturowy Kot 17:55, September 13, 2016 (UTC)

The administrator of Polish Overwatch Wikia

Loading editor
    • I think that many people have failed to fetch that Discussions is yet to be fully introduced and that certain changes are liable to happen. However, I do find the idea of overriding the Forums unnecessary as there were not potential failures on Forums that could have made the staff think: "Hey, let us make a whole new system!". I would rather have the feature as something that I can enable/disable just like the forums itself and the chat.

Introducing the feature to be forcefully installed on all the Wikia web is very... unfair.

Loading editor
    • casuallys signs 

Loading editor
    • Forum > Discussions :> Adijanko (tablica)

Loading editor
    • Emota.gifSara124 Tablica 20:26, September 13, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • EkawekaDxC (talk) 20:28, September 13, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • 3Patryk3 tablica 50px 20:31, September 13, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Alice Morato
      Alice Morato removed this reply because:
      21:40, September 13, 2016
    • Alice Morato (talk) 18:37, September 13, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Ottoman Hold Message Me My Action 10:55:20 September 13, 2016

Loading editor
    • NOT A SIGNATURE

I mean, I support Discussions, just not the fact that it replaces Forums. Sure, Discussions can replace forums, but WALLS?! Just... no. A Discussions-type message wall would not be good, in my opinion.

Loading editor
    • Fan Bendera 04:52, September 14, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • I'm fine with Discussions but Keep the Forum feature like it should, not replace it.

Signed Dai ca superman (talk) 05:07, September 14, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • BooKyloRen wrote: NOT A SIGNATURE

I mean, I support Discussions, just not the fact that it replaces Forums. Sure, Discussions can replace forums, but WALLS?! Just... no. A Discussions-type message wall would not be good, in my opinion.

Who said the message walls were being replaced? I thought it was just the forum threads.

Loading editor
    • Hello, I have kept a count here

Loading editor
    • TheFoxyRiolu wrote:
      Most users I saw in the comment section of the announcement blog showed discontent for the said upcoming feature, and the basic reasons I've seen are, more or less;

Do you mean all of those wikia contributors which are me complaining about Wikia ads and Adblock Plus codes? Sorry. I've made my decision and will post a new forum.

Loading editor
    • 180.72.20.175 wrote:
      TheFoxyRiolu wrote:
      Most users I saw in the comment section of the announcement blog showed discontent for the said upcoming feature, and the basic reasons I've seen are, more or less;
      Do you mean all of those wikia contributors which are me complaining about Wikia ads and Adblock Plus codes? Sorry. I've made my decision and will post a new forum.

I MEAN those wikia contributors who are me complaining about the new Wikia advertisement features and needing Adblock Plus codes

Loading editor
    • message wall and Blogs comments will be replaced over time. Heck the FAQ page.

Loading editor
    • Sandgar wrote: message wall and Blogs comments will be replaced over time. Heck the FAQ page.

Seriously?

Loading editor
    • *spits out tea*

What?!

Loading editor
    • Utkar22 wrote:

Sandgar wrote: message wall and Blogs comments will be replaced over time. Heck the FAQ page.

Seriously?

"Eventually, we expect to retire all of the current "thread" features in favor of this newer Discussions platform. The current focus is on the "forum" and "community conversation" uses, and we don't have specific details or timelines for Comments or Message Wall. However, you can expect to see Discussions-based comment functions added to Fandom stories and articles in the near future!"

It's not quite as certain as Sandgar makes it out to be. "message wall and Blogs comments will be replaced over time" (emph mine) is not in the FAQ.

Loading editor
    • I see your point there.

I think Wikia has gone too far to promote their "Fandom" brand. Discussions seems to revolve around Fandom. 

Seriously Wikia, we are all aware of your hard to use, ad covered, boring platform, so we don't need "go and check out the new Fandom article!" messages when we are trying to use Wikia.

Loading editor
    • How the **** are we supposed to use discussions in place of message walls?

Loading editor
    • Utkar22 wrote: How the **** are we supposed to use discussions in place of message walls?

The current product is not final.

Loading editor
    • I don't know. 

Loading editor
    • There are a lots of wiki admins here. I wonder if one of them brings their community here (I mean, does anyone invites anyone? As someone said, not a lot people even know about this page), it could instantly get 200 more signs per wiki. This really won't get anywhere, unless there are like, 100'000 replies. And then this horde goes to the Contact page. Get serious and spread the word.

For the other way, I managed to recreate Forum's front page, even with polices pop-up window, but I need to know how make a button that both adds new page with a form and automatically makes&saves an edit, and make page build a good list of its subpages. Come on, I'm using personal CSS that someone made to fix thin pages, so one can come up with a way to work around this thing.

Loading editor
    • I sign thee

MisterXenomorph (talk) 19:44, September 14, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Suminoma wrote: There are a lots of wiki admins here. I wonder if one of them brings their community here (I mean, does anyone invites anyone? As someone said, not a lot people even know about this page), it could instantly get 200 more signs per wiki. This really won't get anywhere, unless there are like, 100'000 replies. And then this horde goes to the Contact page. Get serious and spread the word.

For the other way, I managed to recreate Forum's front page, even with polices pop-up window, but I need to know how make a button that both adds new page with a form and automatically makes&saves an edit, and make page build a good list of its subpages. Come on, I'm using personal CSS that someone made to fix thin pages, so one can come up with a way to work around this thing.

I tried to. Still no real response from anyone other than PaperCats.

Loading editor
    • Suminoma wrote:
      There are a lots of wiki admins here. I wonder if one of them brings their community here (I mean, does anyone invites anyone? As someone said, not a lot people even know about this page), it could instantly get 200 more signs per wiki. This really won't get anywhere, unless there are like, 100'000 replies. And then this horde goes to the Contact page. Get serious and spread the word.

Yeah, Le Miiverse Resource kinda spreaded the news.

Loading editor
    • Staff gave me this Hi Sandgar,

A feature that will let you notify users about an important thread (like a vote) is coming to Discussions. There may also soon be a way to monitor Discussions activity in a Recent Changes style of feed, for those who don't want to monitor Discussions simply by looking at the live feed there.

As for reported posts: When someone flags a post as inappropriate, that is visible to anyone with admin, moderator (or staff) rights when they look at the Discussions feed. On the web version, you can also filter by reported posts, so you'll see a feed of only those. No one is receiving a notification about reported posts, though. You have to look at Discussions to see what's been reported.

Some form of text formatting and image uploading is planned to appear in Discussions as well - we're still working on a number of features to be added that will make Discussions more useful, and it simply takes time to finish and release them all.

We're confident that the final version of Discussions - from which we are still pretty far away - will be a satisfying feature, although, of course, no feature can ever satisfy every single user or community. We're not planning on making forums an optional feature to keep, because the forums have a lot of problems and frequent bugs, and so they're hard for our engineers to maintain. For example, you can't search in forum threads, and it's not comfortable to use for mobile users. That's why we'd rather have all communities move to Discussions, where both those things and more will be possible.

Loading editor
    • "We're not planning on making forums an optional feature to keep"

;-;

Loading editor
    • Wait, what if we tried to start a trend? #YoutubeIsOverParty and the like blew up. #SaveTheForums?

Loading editor
    • Suminoma wrote: There are a lots of wiki admins here. I wonder if one of them brings their community here (I mean, does anyone invites anyone? As someone said, not a lot people even know about this page), it could instantly get 200 more signs per wiki. This really won't get anywhere, unless there are like, 100'000 replies. And then this horde goes to the Contact page. Get serious and spread the word.

Most of the people from my wiki have signed. Our Founder made a forum post about it so the word spread.

Though our wiki is small so not that big of an impact.

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • I'm cool with Discussions as long as it will support Wikitext. Argument about bugs and being not comfortable for mobile, I just didn't notice any of that on my phone. And you can still use normal search, thought it's quite a problem.

Trend? Good luck on getting at least 100 people.

Loading editor
    • Count me in. However, have no illusion that this will have any effect..

Loading editor
    • Discussions are not comfortable for PC users. And we PC users write the content from which they profit.

Loading editor
    • Well, I mostly use PC, but I often us Mobile (like I am now) and I notice no difference (I use the desktop mode)

Loading editor
    • What would it take to just stretch the messages on PC? It's that simple. I'd probably be on board with it if it had

1. A stretched PC layout
      2. Better wiki integration

That's it.

2 things, Wikia.

Loading editor
    • Why Wikia can't simple change forum design for smartphones? When you want to use forum on PC, you will see normal forum, and when you want to use it on smartphone, you will see a special phone forum design. Is it that hard to do that?

Maybe forums aren't comfortable to use for phone users, but Discussions aren't comfortable to use for PC users.

Loading editor
    • I'd rather Discussions being optional and not overriding the forums feature. Why completely replace forums?

LunarScald (talk) 15:43, September 15, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Yes. That's what most of us want.

Viperinelight50(Contact Me)

Loading editor
    • For money. Fat guy from Silicon Valley needs cash. More kids with phones posting at ,,discusions"=money from adds. At my part of wiki nearly half of has less than 14 years. Any samall gropu of involved and active editors will never bring such money as a large horde of Iphone addicted children. Zerg rush is a best strategy for busness....

Loading editor
    • Also small does matter, when many attack.

Loading editor
    • Here is that movement that people might want to join, and tell Wikia what we think of Discussions. All are allowed to vote on this vote, and how to get this template is also stated in the template itself.

Loading editor
    • If you want to leave Wikia, good luck with that, don't think anyone important notices even if this banner will be on 20 wikias. More impressive will be making a protest crowd near Wikia's headquarters, but it's just going to the wierd. As "alternative to Discussions", like I (slightly) said, you're free to use all js and css abilities to make an exact copy of Forum or even a better alternative, I just need more knowledge on it.

Loading editor
    • Signed.

Loading editor
    • Well, few know how to do that stuff. This can be very productive if it starts to spread to many different wikis. My main goal is to try and get this onto at least 1000 communities.

Loading editor
    • Sandgar wrote:
      Well, few know how to do that stuff. This can be very productive if it starts to spread to many different wikis. My main goal is to try and get this onto at least 1000 communities.

Surprised Wikia hasn't even noticed this petition on their own wiki yet also. I asked for the feature to be enabled on the wiki I admin (South Park Archives) I feel like the feature is useful and has potential, but it SHOULD NOT replace forums, that's a massive mistake on Wikia's part.

Loading editor
    • Well, our thing is more or less just a catchy thing that sends a message, and I do like Discussions, but, it is not forums, and may never work the way forum's worked for us.

Loading editor
    • Boohoo, they are changing things!

You can't stop it from happening, kids.

Loading editor
    • I sign for the first option. Also, don't know how they do it, but, in Fear The Walking Dead Wiki both, Forum and Discussions are active. You can check it by yourselves.

Ah, I almost forgot it: JesterMuro 13:45, September 16, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Jester6 wrote:
      I sign for the first option. Also, don't know how they do it, but, in Fear The Walking Dead Wiki both, Forum and Discussions are active. You can check it by yourselves.

NOT A SIGNATURE Wow. I wish they could do that for all wikis.

Loading editor
    • Jester6 wrote: I sign for the first option. Also, don't know how they do it, but, in Fear The Walking Dead Wiki both, Forum and Discussions are active. You can check it by yourselves.

That's because the Discussions at the moment is a beta on several communities, and it hasn't replaced Forums yet.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote:

BooKyloRen wrote: NOT A SIGNATURE

Who said the message walls were being replaced? I thought it was just the forum threads.

NOT A SIGNATURE

I thought so... maybe not...?

Loading editor
    • Handheld wrote: Boohoo, they are charging things!

You can't stop it from happening, kids.

Neither can you.

Loading editor
    • I'll sign:

Nicko756 (MCE) Sign!  01:48, September 17, 2016 (UTC) 

Loading editor
    • I'm signing this 

Sassmaster15 (talk) 01:53, September 17, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Coolmax260 wrote:
      Wait, what if we tried to start a trend? #YoutubeIsOverParty and the like blew up. #SaveTheForums?

sure :V make it poundtag though

https://twitter.com/hashtag/SaveTheFourms?src=hash add yer tweets here.

Loading editor
    • Squirrel719 wrote:
      Fourms

Bravo.

Loading editor
    • You got my signature.

KurbAppeal(Sig)KurbAppealMsgWall(Sig)KurbAppealContrib(sig)

Loading editor
    • Casual reminder of this important vote here.

Loading editor
    • signed like it matters.

ultimately it's their site but id rather not be forced to use yet another wikia feature that had no real thought into how it works.

Loading editor
    • Roller (talk) 17:00, September 17, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • I'd like to remind you all that the Chat was also considered the worst thing Wikia ever did. So was the New Forums. So was the Monobook-to-Wikia transition. Yet we all survived and many of us eventually enjoyed them. 

True, Forums, Chat, and Wikia entirely are impossible to use on a phone, and Ipad isn't much better. But not many of us have tried altering the Forums to ensure more functionality, have we? We don't know how difficult that would be. Perhaps Discussions was an alternative to working on something for months and having nothing happen because full mobile functionality may be impossible. 

If you'd allow the comparison, the Neanderthal co-existed with humans for a long time, and they even mingled with one another. However, humans were more advanced, and eventually adapted to their environments better than the Neanderthal ever could. While homo sapiens developed dialect, religion, and technology, the Neanderthal sadly could only wish that the change never happened. 

We can't sit around and wish that a change never happened. We can either adapt, or find an alternative. 

Unlike the Neanderthal, we can to some degree control the changes in our communities. We can make it known what we like and dislike, and actually have a chance of making our dreams happen. But they won't happen if you don't play nice. You have to politely list off complaints that many users and communities have about Discussions, and then maybe they'll happen. Saying that the Discussions are like the lovechild of Miiverse and Twitter isn't much better than shaking your fist at the sky and waiting for the cold to end. 

Loading editor
    • "Impossible to use on a phone" simply not true, and I don't understand Neanderthal comparison, as at the moment Discussions are not more advanced. However, they said they will be working on it, so I hope they will make it more useful, because Wikitext seems to be the main concern of the people. It's no use complaining, you have to swallow things you don't like or just go somewhere else. Well, it could be much more better if instead of "signing this" people say what are they actually signing, there're like 3 options.

Loading editor
    • The Neanderthal comparison was referring to us as those who don't like Discussions. 

Nearly, I said. 

Loading editor
    • '[Not a signature] That strikes me as a passive aggressive wall of text if I ever saw it (comparing/calling people subhuman, not classy, not mention, pretty gross). Not to mention it more or less ignores and disregards everyone who has been "polite" about expressing their grievances about the Discussions becoming default over Forums, esp. in favor of digging at individuals who decide to just be angry and upset about removing a functional piece from their wikis and simply let it be known.

Discussions are not an advancement of the Forums. Esp. not in its current state or presentation, and not anymore than Comments on articles were an advancement of the talk page. If folk don't think it'll work for their wiki (again, esp. in its current format, which serves the mobile users more than wikis primary base of desktop users), then, like a lot people here have said repeatedly, there should be an opt out just like there's an opt out for the comment function on wiki articles. That is neither difficult nor impossible to achieve for Wikia's staff, not in my opinion.

"We all eventually got used to it" is not constructive, let alone helpful.

Loading editor
    • The current Discussions is not a final product. There'll be plenty of new features, as there should be. If it doesn't work with what your wiki uses Forums for at the moment, that's unfortunate, but the backend problems with Forums showed they had to do something radical.

Loading editor
    • To be honest I don't actually know how much control even Wikia Staff have over this, since they are paid employees, and thus a lot of the stuff they do, is done because they're being paid to do it. The Wikia Employers are the true masterminds behind this.

I'm not satisfied with the discussions in their current state, but I do hope that once the time comes where we are forced into using them instead of the new forums, Staff will have actually have made some significant improvements, so that we'll actually be able to cope with them.

Many users, myself included, complained about the new wikia nav-bar, but we had no choice but to let it happen, and I have long since gotten used to it. I no longer have a problem with the wikia nav-bar in it's current state and I hope that the same will apply with the discussions.

Lily Ford wrote:

and not anymore than Comments on articles were an advancement of the talk page. If folk don't think it'll work for their wiki (again, esp. in its current format, which serves the mobile users more than wikis primary base of desktop users), then, like a lot people here have said repeatedly, there should be an opt out just like there's an opt out for the comment function on wiki articles.

Not sure if this will be of any relevance to you, but there is some Java Script that allows both talk pages and comments to be enabled on a wiki.

Loading editor
    • [Not a Signature] @C.Syde65: I can acknowledge that using the term "Wiki[a] Staff" is by and large a misnomer, esp. if they're not the ones in charge of anything beyond mediating wiki disputes and simply announcing the changes that the technical team that's actually in charge of influencing changes here. They're the messengers, they just get shot for the promotion (to be metaphoric).

I can also acknowledge that, by and large, the users who decide to continue to use this chain of websites (purely for the advantage of its free hosting, not unlike Livejournal, tumblr, blogspot, and dreamwidth) have the choice to roll with the "new improved changes". Others also have the choice of leaving, as they've expressed, for places that are purely Wikipedia-like resources only and engage in "fandom" in other ways without detracting from their site's goal. I'm not interested in the latter, so I voice my discontent on their announcement blogs.

My main point was that posts like, "well, you'll get use to it eventually" and "boo-hoo stop complaining, you'll use the site anyway" and "[blank] was broken, a complete overhaul needed too occur" (like whatever they were using currently couldn't have been fixed and modified, ever or at all) it rather completely derails the discussion at hand.

Even a post like this is detracting from the OP's point, I believe.

That kind of attitude honestly is what creates fractured communities. You've got one party more interested in wanting to be the "reasonable one" because they figure nothing can be done, but they do it in a way where there is no respect for the others who decide to voice their disagreement about something, "politely" or "angrily", whether or not they're heard or change happens. It looks and feels like tone policing and that irks me to end.

There are people who to have "gotten used to" the changes, and there are people who simply don't. To avoid becoming any more long winded, the complete decline of a complaint once changes disliked occur doesn't equal, "I accept this" / "I got used to this", let alone means that their complaints were fruitless to begin with. That's what those comments seem to equate that to.

In closing, most of the wikis I run (save one: The Pacific Rim Wiki) aren't huge conversation pots so much as they attract spammers. I figure the same will happen when Discussions replace the forums, but on a much larger, annoying and frequent scale. That's my concern. I guess the best I can do is ignore it and block the spammers. I'll probably end up using my blog space to make admin announcements from thereon out.

C.Syde65 wrote: Not sure if this will be of any relevance to you, but there is some Java Script that allows both talk pages and comments to be enabled on a wiki.

Hmmm, I think I might've known that? For my Sailor Moon Dub Wiki, when one of the admins activated the article comments without having a conversation with me, I basically took a cue from another wiki and created a Talk page link in one of the infobox templates that would automatically create the "Talk:{{PAGENAME}}" subpage.

Loading editor
    • Without trying to detract too much from the subject of the conversation, there is actually some Java Script that will make it appear as if both talk pages and article comments are enabled at the same time.

Loading editor
    • [Not a signature] Hmm, okay. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely look into that.

Loading editor
    • I'm with you. ~ Igniton

My biggest issue with discussions is that they seem to be unnecessarily separated from the rest of wikia, what should not be happening. Wikia (besides making profit) is about gathering people around their point of interest and letting them to create encyclopedias of any given subject or about their own fiction. That's what the main point of Wikia's existence always was (at least in my book). In my opinion discussions look like Wikia's attempt to create a new social network, what is stupid, cause if fans wanted to discuss about (for example) their favorite tv series, they would rather do that on a more popular site, like reddit, facebook etc.
      Also, the first option sounds like a neat compromise. 

Sorry for any logical or grammatical mistakes.

Loading editor
    • Discussion is not an advancement for desktop users. I mean it helps the mobile user a lot, but its disconnect from the wiki, its lack of some key features that make forums much better used for site change discussions, and other important things. I really hope they keep their promise and make it more integrated with the wikis, instead of pulling the two apart, and creating dangerously separated communities.

Loading editor
    • Signing! DaDaDapper

Loading editor
    • Fuck yes I'm signing, I don't want anything to do with Discussions.

Loading editor
    • Also, Snowstripe, your Neanderthal comparison might've been true, were it not for the fact that Discussions is infinitely more useless than the forums, and thus isn't an evolution, but rather a devolution. Like, sure, it gives mobile users some compatibility, but honestly, why would you even bother to use Wikia on your phone?

Loading editor
    • ReDquinox wrote:
      Also, Snowstripe, your Neanderthal comparison might've been true, were it not for the fact that Discussions is infinitely more useless than the forums, and thus isn't an evolution, but rather a devolution. Like, sure, it gives mobile users some compatibility, but honestly, why would you even bother to use Wikia on your phone?

I make some edits with my phone when I can't use the computer, also, when I play zombies mode in CoD: BOII I search the Mystery Box locations with it. Those are some examples, but, Wikia visitors on mobile are just increasing, why do you think they are doing all of this?

Loading editor
    • 79 more Russians:

1. Печалька
      2. Neky koe-kto
      3. Темный Странник
      4. GlebRacer
      5. Rerker
      6. KeywanLena
      7. Greatest Dog
      8. TheLoneWitcher
      9. Maxim4133
      10. Zeron676
      11. 666lavr
      12. 1337Fr0z3n
      13. JedB0T
      14. TEnNaax
      15. Trashbox Bobylev
      16. Superr125125
      17. Glamra
      18. Mr. Stanford
      19. Elinotasd
      20. Antendre
      21. Aurbis
      22. Bocha03
      23. Рептилия
      24. AlexRusa
      25. Lordonio
      26. Konfuzij
      27. Derdenix
      28. Sascha192
      29. Maxwell the Great
      30. Асирисрандомнвй
      31. Troll Eybus
      32. Огненный Сокол Никкаты
      33. ZeroVex
      34. Avalonxt
      35. Vresen
      36. SergiuZ
      37. Polzovatel
      38. Johnathan Clark
      39. Han Kenllo
      40. Кот Иванов
      41. The Dmitro
      42. The younger scroll
      43. VoennyPatrool1
      44. Лунный лотос
      45. Трогвар
      46. Ураг-Торн
      47. Devil's favorite demon
      48. Carcharhinus sorrah
      49. Ликея
      50. Golden lord
      51. Виталий12345
      52. SightCheater
      53. Тёмный Повелитель Ситхов
      54. Viperinelight50
      55. Г-н Никто
      56. Квакша4
      57. DIV312
      58. LeoAntomenko
      59. ДаниилПолянский
      60. Судья пустоши
      61. BadBadHost
      62. Дарк молт
      63. Darikus
      64. Zeynal10
      65. Necrontear
      66. Taya10
      67. TheCookiesStealer
      68. 13Dracon
      69. Sir Vyacheslav
      70. TalvorIronside
      71. Ben450
      72. Нурофен1957208
      73. SevaSob
      74. Андрей-маг
      75. Pauncher24
      76. TerraBlade1642
      77. MLGProQuickscoper
      78. Лэти9
      79. Mag-Dark Elf

Any results?

Loading editor
    • Лев - черепаха wrote: 79 more Russians:

LOL! I couldn't help but find that comment humourous.

Loading editor
    • ReDquinox wrote:
      Fuck yes I'm signing, I don't want anything to do with Discussions.

NOT A SIGNATURE

Language, ReDquinox. Please let me know if it's the mods job to say that...

Loading editor
    • BooKyloRen wrote: Language, ReDquinox. Please let me know if it's the mods job to say that...

There's only one Discussion Moderator on this wiki, which can be proven on this page. So if it's anyone's job to say that, it would be for the admins to say that, if the belief that it is not for non-admins to say that is correct.

Loading editor
    • I'm not using my signature there, as my signature is {{SUBST:User:ReDquinox/Sig2}} and I don't want to go through the process of creating the template again, especially considering that I probably will never use this wiki again anyway.

Loading editor
    • ReDquinox wrote: I'm not using my signature there, as my signature is {{SUBST:User:ReDquinox/Sig2}} and I don't want to go through the process of creating the template again, especially considering that I probably will never use this wiki again anyway.

There's no need to sign, since this is the forum threads. The need to sign your signature here is already covered since the forum threads identify which user said what anyway.

Loading editor
    • Alright. I was assuming BooKyloRen was calling me out on not using a signature, what with the bold caps saying "not a signature" and all.

Loading editor
    • You said "Fuck"

Also, roughly 565 votes.

Loading editor
    • So did you, just now!

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote:

BooKyloRen wrote: Language, ReDquinox. Please let me know if it's the mods job to say that...

There's only one Discussion Moderator on this wiki, which can be proven on this page. So if it's anyone's job to say that, it would be for the admins to say that, if the belief that it is not for non-admins to say that is correct.

All right, thank you.

Loading editor
    • This whole petition is based on a flawed premise. Discussions will not replace Forums until it represents a 90%+ superset of Forums features... which it isn't very close. Wikia isn't stupid, they just need to learn the lessons of not using industry best practices the hard way.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote:

Лев - черепаха wrote: 79 more Russians:

i dont get it

Loading editor
    • Лев - черепаха wrote: Any results?

Loading editor
    • Squirrel719 wrote:

C.Syde65 wrote:

Лев - черепаха wrote: 79 more Russians:

i dont get it

You don't have to get it. I just found it humourous.

Loading editor
    • TheOneFootTallBrickWall
      TheOneFootTallBrickWall removed this reply because:
      i do not believe in this anymore.
      17:48, December 16, 2016
    • Well, so be it.

Loading editor
    • oh nooooo.

Loading editor
    • Nope. Why...

Loading editor
    • eh :(

Loading editor
    • Vnut
      Vnut removed this reply because:
      B
      17:13, September 26, 2016
    • AStranger195 (talkcontribsguestbook) 12:26, September 30, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • A bit too late for warrobots.wikia.com as we've already moved offsite in preparation for the change. But I'll sign it anyway.

Loading editor
    • We should get an exact number for how many signatures there are - across all languages and then send it off to wikia staff...?

Loading editor
    • Sure. But I'm confident they'll ignore it.

Loading editor
    • Squirrel719 wrote: We should get an exact number for how many signatures there are - across all languages and then send it off to wikia staff...?

It's still a drop in the ocean. You don't have a very large sample, and you don't have a very representative sample. Compare it to a couple of hundred people demonstrating in front of the White House. You think you've got influence, but you don't, really.

Also, Fandom powered by Wikia isn't going to get swayed by signatures. Only ad revenue and viewer numbers.

Loading editor
    • Though normally even one sign should be a concern, it's the power of "democracy", if you want something, bring in more than a half of total people. Or just give staff more money, that's when nowdays people usually start talking.

Loading editor
    • ShutUpAndSmokeMyWeed wrote: A bit too late for warrobots.wikia.com as we've already moved offsite in preparation for the change. But I'll sign it anyway.

What sites could you possibly find better than Wikia to host your wikis?

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote:

ShutUpAndSmokeMyWeed wrote: A bit too late for warrobots.wikia.com as we've already moved offsite in preparation for the change. But I'll sign it anyway.

ShoutW-*gets kidnapped by wikia*

Loading editor
    • Coolmax260 wrote:

C.Syde65 wrote:

ShutUpAndSmokeMyWeed wrote: A bit too late for warrobots.wikia.com as we've already moved offsite in preparation for the change. But I'll sign it anyway.

ShoutW-*gets kidnapped by wikia*

Ugh, no.

Loading editor
    • I'm not terribly concerned with the look of the Discussions for right now, but I am worried about how this is going to affect things for the Wikia I solely contribute to. I understand the need to rebrand, but we've only ever used the Forums feature for upkeep and discussions related to the improvement of the articles and site as a whole. There's a separate site entirely for all of our noncanonical material. I'm worried about how this is going to affect us, and also why this is seemingly replacing the Forums and Comments features, since it kinda looks like it wants to be both.

Personally, I've always preferred forums to Twitter and other forms of social media because of the consistency between layouts and also the allowance of longer posts. This just doesn't look like a good idea, despite my understanding as to why it's being introduced.

I'm signing this for now, but if they allow people to opt out of the new feature, I might retract, given how I can see benefit in having both.

Loading editor
    • I like the name, I just think the scope could be broadened  a little bit.

Loading editor