FANDOM

• Hello. So I've got a question.

On the Toontown Rewritten Wiki, there's a rollback that has changed his name once, doesn't like it anymore, and wants a new name again. Since he can't change the name of his account with 852 edits on it, he started a brand new account with 7 edits on it. He said the new account was going to be his new main account. He asked a bureaucrat to move his rollback status over to his new account (just before I got my bureaucrat/administrator rights), but when he got no response, he kinda gave up on it and moved to his old account again.

Has anything like this happened before? What should I tell him? Should I tell him to use his new account util his new account meets the requirements for becoming a rollback?

By the way, his old account name has a reference to a videogame named Undertale at the end. The new account replaces that end bit with some numbers so it'll supposedly age better.

Loading editor
    • I don't think so. He's still the same user. He shouldn't have to work his way to it again just because he change his account to another one.

Loading editor
    • Thanks for the advice. I was actually expecting a few more people to chime in so I waited a bit.

So moving his rollback status to a new account because he already earned it is how it's normally done on Wikia? Alright, I'll probably start linking people to this Thread when discussing this.

Thanks again. :)

Loading editor
    • You're welcome. But any wiki can do whatever they want. Just because one wiki would not require him to make the same number of edits with his new account, doesn't mean another wiki would do that same.

Loading editor
    • What is the purpose of this? (I haven't been involved or anything.)

Loading editor
    • Also Dynaboom I'd like to say the Rollback script can serve as a good substitute. Though it won't appear on recent changes.

Loading editor
    • Hey!

Loading editor
    • I'm not sure I understand the Question, HearthStone333.

This is on the Toontown Rewritten Wiki. On Wikia, people with the "rollback" user right can revert edits with one click. It makes vandalism easier to clean up quickly. And the reason this user got a new account is because you can only rename an account once and he wanted a new username. Today I demoted his old account and promoted his new account.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ozank Cx, but the rollback functionality we already have works pretty well. And I'm not sure how to secure that script yet so vandals can't gain rollback powers. I might have to look into it though, just in case.

Thanks again, everyone.

Loading editor
    • Thanks. Sorry about my question.

Loading editor
    • Dynaboom wrote: Thanks for the suggestion, Ozank Cx, but the rollback functionality we already have works pretty well. And I'm not sure how to secure that script yet so vandals can't gain rollback powers. I might have to look into it though, just in case.

Rollback is hardly something people can abuse, it's just a more advanced version of a freely-available "Undo" button. It's not like you can enable that script site-wide, it's personal use only, so it doesn't matter if you try to "secure it from vandals".

The script that Ozank Cx linked is literally just a public version of the rollback user right. There is no difference at all between them.

Loading editor
    • Do note that the user may want to redirect their old userpage to their new one from their old user account, to show that the user has or will move accounts.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.