FANDOM

• SayuriDarling
    SayuriDarling closed this thread because:
    necroposting.
    02:06, August 23, 2018

I do not care whatever excuse you have. This is unacceptable. I only created the wikis last year and they were not blank. I have a "welcome" emails for each one to prove it. But I never received any notification my wikis were about to be deleted. No notification about any "Terms Of Service" violations, There is no where that I can find that Wikia would delete Wikis. If people knew about it, then nobody would sign up for Wikia! I also tried Google, but Google search results are irrelevant and I could not find any information either. I had NO NOTIFICATION that Wikia would delete my wikis, and NO NOTIFICATION after Wikia deleted my Wikis. Wikia authors and creators are VOLUNTEERS so be glad that you have people building your website for you. You are not going to succeed. I will simply create the wikis again and if you try to delete again I will make sure everybody knows what a horrible website Wikia is. I am not going to be silenced.

"Remember, you can't break a wikia, so don't be afraid to get started. Happy editing!" Actually this is with the exception of Wikia admins, and they have broken several of my Wikias, with no reason why, and no notification at all.

Loading editor
    • When you signed up you stated that you accept Wikia's Terms of Use.

Your ignorance is not an excuse to override the ToU.

Loading editor
    • If your wiki has held no activity in the past months or so, and has little to no content, they will get automatically deleted. And if you read the deletion page, it says to use Special:Contact/general or so to get it restored or recover content. This is mainly a maintenance script to delete all inactive wikis, or your wiki did indeed violate a Terms of Use line, but we do not know that, only Staff members do, and you have to contact them via Special:Contact/general.

Loading editor
    • I will contact them and I will demand that they provide NOTIFICATION. As I already said I do not care for any excuse that they have.

Loading editor
    • I sent a message. Everybody please remember that I am a Volunteer, I had to do other things, and then when I check on Wikis I find them deleted. This is a very horrible experience.

Sorry I still cannot find the Terms Of Service. ?!

Loading editor
    • Never mind. I found it.

Loading editor
    • Regarding the title, Wikia Staff does not need permission from you (or any wiki founder) to close a wiki.

Loading editor
    • And they do not notify every single closed wiki permission to close their wiki. That will take ages! Anyway, what would a notification do? To save your work? They offer a way to get your work back easily.

Loading editor
    • I tried to find F.A.Q. and I read the Terms Of Service and it does not specify anything about limits for Wikis on Wikia. NOTHING, except for an extremely vague "We can do whatever we want." sentence. Of course they can do whatever they want, but then that risks people leaving their website. Permission may not be the Correct word, but Th

ey MUST Notify.

They are perfectly capable of emailing about anything else. I have received many emails from them. But not for something so important?! And about the automated system that "cleans things up". ... should easily automatically notify of problems that I may of caused. which should not be any problems but if they feel like there are problems that I caused, I must know what happened.

May I know this way that they offer?

Loading editor
    • I found the part where it says wikias can be closed. It is on this page . The very last paragraph says "Communities which have no content, or remain inactive, or have a large overlap with another community may be merged with another project, locked from editing, or closed completely." Just ask staff to reopen it, and they will be happy to do so. Make sure to add a few pages so it doesn't get closed again.

Loading editor
    • There are currently 2400 wikis waiting to be closed on the VSTF Wiki. Staff do not have the time to close 2400 wikis. They already have to check if the wiki is violating the ToU, and then they have to individually close 2400 wikis. Maybe they _should/can_ do automated messages for the auto close wiki script, though. Can probably suggest that at Special:Contact/feedback.

Loading editor
    • I sign this with moose-Sooperdavid (Cutie Cars Park and Party)  21:22, August 22, 2018 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Sooperdavid wrote: I sign this with moose-Sooperdavid (Cutie Cars Park and Party)  21:22, August 22, 2018 (UTC)

Please do not bump old threads.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.