FANDOM

• Cörey
    Cörey closed this thread
    21:10, August 15, 2016

Themasterofdenial has been harassing me non-stop, and restoring the messages he's left for me each time I tried to remove them. I perceive this as a form of harassment, and I don't find it okay in the slightest. I'm getting really sick of his constant back-chatting game, and then playing the victim when his plans to piss people off are foiled. And instead of sucking it up, he creates more drama over it, disregarding the fact that he shouldn't be carrying the issue to other wikis back and forth.

Loading editor
      1. You are only supposed to block people if there is something that they have done, rather than if there is something you think they might do. You could have given me an explanation as to why you deleted the replies, rather than just blocking me.
      2. I was banned from the Community Central Chat. You're right. I spammed. I was blocked. It's over. That has nothing to do with my block on the Sims Wiki.
      3. I revived a thread. I revived a thread and you blocked me. Doesn't that sound just a bit of an overreaction? 
      4. What drama have I caused for you? When you were banned from chat here? No. You caused that drama for yourself. You overreacted. That's why you were banned.
      5. I can carry the incident over to this wiki. That's what this wiki is for. It's where people can get help for issues that they cannot solve on the wiki itself. Look at the sidebar. All of the recent edits are about other wikis. 
      6. I'm not harassing you. I'm complaining about an unfair block.

All you're doing is sweeping the problem under the carpet.

You can't solve all your problems by saying "ooh you're harassing me" or "ooh leave me alone". You have to take responsibility. You did something unfair and I want the problem resolved.

As I said before, read my replies.

Respond to them.

Can you deal with the situation?

It's very frustrating when I want to appeal for a ban, but the admin turns away, deletes the thread,  says "stop harassing me i can't do this anymore" and plays the victim.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, I'm just going to quote my previous replies because I've already made all the points I need, but you're just ignoring them and deleting them.

This really isn't a big deal, you know.

It's just a ban appeal.

You're making it a big deal.

Loading editor
    • Themasterofdenial wrote:
      [...]

As I said before, read my replies.

Respond to them.

Can you deal with the situation?

It's very frustrating when I want to appeal for a ban, but the admin turns away, deletes the thread,  says "stop harassing me i can't do this anymore" and plays the victim.

I hate to break it to you, but admins are not required to respond to messages. If they won't do anything about it, then my advice is to move on.

Loading editor
    • You aren't supposed to appeal on other wikis. This wiki isn't a place where you can just complain and expect other users to stick up for you. It doesn't work like that. If you really cared, you would have appealed the block, locally. The block will only last one day. So I suggest you stop complaining and live with it. I hope this will teach you a lesson that you should have learned at least a month ago. You don't understand how frustrating it is when users are trying to enjoy themselves on wikia and you bother them like you do. Now I'm not discussing this any further. I have told you what you need to do. If you can't do that, then that's just tough.

Loading editor
    • @M67PattonZippo  You're right.

Admins are not required to respond to messages.

But, for the good of the wiki and for the same of justice, if someone comes along and complains about their ban being unfair, would it not be better for them to respond and deal with it, rather than to delete the message and run away from their problems? Wouldn't that make them a better admin?

Loading editor
    • Look, your argument that I should appeal locally is one of the worst arguments I've ever seen. I am literally incapable of appealing locally. You blocked me, remember?

I wasn't trying to bother you by reviving the thread. If I did, then I suggest you get over it. If you get annoyed over issues as small as a thread being revived, I have to tell you that you have a bad case of overreaction.

Loading editor
    • Themasterofdenial wrote:
      @M67PattonZippo You're right.

Admins are not required to respond to messages.

But, for the good of the wiki and for the same of justice, if someone comes along and complains about their ban being unfair, would it not be better for them to respond and deal with it, rather than to delete the message and run away from their problems? Wouldn't that make them a better admin?

Not really. If a user thinks their ban was unfair--when in fact it was fair, the best thing an admin can do if they cannot make a user see why what they did was wrong is simply to drop the subject.

Loading editor
    • No, the best thing the admin can do is make an effort to listen to the person, make a proper unbiased judgment and explain this judgment to them.

Loading editor
    • Look stop it. Stop complaining. Just like all users do, I only have so much patience, and if you think you're on your last straw, guess what, I'm on my last straw as well. Indeed, I may have dealt with the situation a bit harshly, but the truth is I am getting really annoyed with your constant failure to obey rules like you did on the Community Central Chat which led to your ban. I'd already had enough of your trouble-making on the Community Central Chat, and I wasn't waiting to find out what you had in store on other wikis.

You need to learn how to be cautious. If I am banned or blocked from editing a wiki, I return a sadder, wiser, and more cautious person. When I asked you not to continue trying to revive ancient messages, you should have done what I asked, rather than do the opposite. You knew I was annoyed with what you did on the Community Central Chat, so I wouldn't have taken too kindly to you and your trouble-making elsewhere.

Loading editor
    • Also, when you say that the ban was fair, are you just extrapolating from C.Syde65's reports in chat or are you making a proper unbiased judgment?

Loading editor
    • I didn't continue to revive the "ancient" messages (please don't say "ancient", say "old"- it's unnecessary and improper). I restored it because I thought removing it was unnecessary and basically equivalent to censorship.

Being more harsh because you were annoyed at me at some other time is pretty much the definition of biased. Again, the best thing to do is to make a proper unbiased judgment.

Loading editor
    • You might be looking at this, thinking "nah, I'm right" and not properly reading my replies. And I don't blame you. Because you have everyone behind you.

The only person disagreeing with you is me. But do you want to know why everyone's behind you? Because they haven't heard my side of the story. Because I was banned from chat (for a good, but unrelated, reason).

But, C.Syde and Cörey, please consider my argument. Please look at my side.

Loading editor
    • For reference, here is the alleged harassment:

Thread:1091825

Thread:1091833

Loading editor
    • I have to say his name is ironic.. lol

Loading editor
    • I'll go ahead and end this argument. Themasterofdenial, please do not contact C.Syde about the block again. Wait out the block period and when it is over you will be free to return to the wiki.

If I see any more threads asking for your block to be lifted I will remove them myself. If you continue to harass C.Syde about this (and yes it is harassment at this point) I will simply block you.

Good day.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.