FANDOM

• Add to family file:

self.categories_last = ['ar', 'bg', 'ca', …, 'zh']

Loading editor
    • Excuse me, but I'm not good at using bots, so I haven't understood what I should do yet...

Loading editor
    • I'm assuming you are using the Python pywikibot framework. If yes, you can add the above line to your families/wikia_family.py or whatever file you use, inside the def __init__(self): section.

Inside the brackets go the same language codes that are defined on top at self.langs.

Here's my family file for comparison: http://pastebin.com/sSPW60kC

Loading editor
    • Thanks a lot for your advice!

I hope I did it correctly (>_<) I run pywikibot to check although I don't know how to check it has been okay or not...

Loading editor
    • Try running it as usual, just with the addditional parameter -simulate.

Loading editor
    • I'm so sorry, but would you please me again?

-simulate made the error "SIMULATION: edit action blocked.", so I could not edit correctly...

I re-installed pywikibot, and I forgot how to add your code on family.py now...

Loading editor
    • Hi Plover!

-simulate will cause pywikibot to run in a "safe mode" which prevents edits from being saved until you force the script to stop. This is for testing commands before actually running them, that way you don't end up accidentally messing something up.

Loading editor
    • @Cörey-san

Ohhh... Thank you so much for helping me!

@all: Maybe I have not understood how to use self.categories_last yet although it was written on my file, so I would like to say sorry for bothering...

Loading editor
    • You're not bothering. ;)

Here's another pastebin, same file:

As Corey said, -simulate prevents the actual editing, but you should be able to see the results in the command line. You don't need it if you want to try out your bot at once.

Loading editor
    • @PedroM-san

I really appreciate your kindness! Thanks a lot!!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.