FANDOM

• The Freeciv wiki contained various xy:topic pages for translations (language code xy). Meanwhile these pages were moved to xy.freeciv wikis, but some ghost pages are still listed on special pages, tracking categories, and ordinary categories. Everything in w:c:freeciv:Category:OldCat should not more exist. Examples:

I've submitted a support request with a link to w:c:freeciv:User:Dunnoob/OldCat (screenshot), but I guess using wiki markup in that request failed miserably and never made it past the first spam filter. –Dunnoob 💩 05:26, July 13, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • This is something that also used to bug me. My suggestion is that you don't worry too much about the reports, just clean them up slowly, or ignore them if they don't really have any impact in the wiki. Also note that even when you do clean them up, some of these take at least a day before they are removed from cache, and stop showing up in the reports.

There are many reasons for these. They could be created by misguided templates, by lua modules, by Interface messages, by javascript in the wrong namespace, and by random users typing links in discussions and so forth.

Anyway,  my hate of these deadlinks and "ghost pages" resulted in the Linksweeper. It makes cleaning them up very quick and effective. So much so that ALL the "wanted pages" in my home wiki are truly wanted pages, and whenever one shows up that isn't wanted, it is very easy to clean up. You'll need to make some changes to clean up uncategorized pages (see the linked page).

Loading editor
    • Apart from some not yet created still really wanted pages everything that can be done as user is done. The oddities need somebody with elevated rights (best guess, direct write access on the database, not something trivial like a 'crat Smiley )

New found oddity:

• Special:Insights unorganized templates is now down to one non-existing ghost template (red link) and one unorganized template tagged for deletion used only by one non-existing ghost page.
        Loading editor
    • Dunnoob wrote: Apart from some not yet created still really wanted pages everything that can be done as user is done. The oddities need somebody with elevated rights (best guess, direct write access on the database, not something trivial like a 'crat Smiley )

If you're talking about the freeciv wiki (an interesting game by the way), most of them are actually still fixable. Also, as noted before, don't worry too much about it. The reality is that wanted pages is a misnomer, the true name of that special report page is actually Special:Brokenlinks. Mediawiki developers just re-purposed and renamed it into something "positive".

The oddity is a bug, report it.

Loading editor
    • This 2016 business is now documented on freeciv:UNwanted Pages, as expected S:C/whatever didn't work for me, same idea as for pull requests.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.