FANDOM

Translations: fr, de, zh, bg, ja.

UsageEdit

This is for use on user pages, including those outside this wiki. To use on any other Wikia, use {{Wikia:Homewiki...}} instead of just {{Homewiki...}}.

The first variable is the sub-domain name of the wiki (conferences). The second variable is any title you want for the wiki (like "conference wiki", "the conferences Wikia" etc).

On WikiaEdit

For example, this could be placed on a user page here

{{Homewiki|conferences|Conference Wiki}}

and would display as

My main user page is at Conference Wiki. To contact me, please leave messages on my talk page there.

See the example at creatures:User:Angela. - That used to work in 2005; it doesn't work months yet

On WikimediaEdit

This also works if your "homewiki" is a Wikimedia project, by making use of authomatic redirects from the English Wikipedia.

To link to the English Wikipedia:

{{Homewiki|www:wikipedia|Wikipedia}}
My main user page is at Wikipedia. To contact me, please leave messages on my talk page there.

To link to the French Wikipedia:

{{Homewiki|www:wikipedia:fr|Wikipédia en français}}
My main user page is at Wikipédia en français. To contact me, please leave messages on my talk page there.

To link to the Esperanto Wikibooks:

{{Homewiki|www:wikipedia:b:eo|Vikilibrojn en la lingvo Esperanto}}
My main user page is at Vikilibrojn en la lingvo Esperanto. To contact me, please leave messages on my talk page there.

To link to the Romanian Wikinews:

{{Homewiki|www:wikipedia:n:ro|Wikiştiri}}
My main user page is at Wikiştiri. To contact me, please leave messages on my talk page there.

On other wikisEdit

This doesn't seem to work for other wikis in the interwiki map but I don't know why. Angela (talk) 22:30, 30 Jul 2005 (UTC)

On Wikia with Central HomewikiEdit

To use this on other wikicities to link to the Central Homewiki:

{{wikicities:Homewiki|www|Central Wiki}}
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.