FANDOM

Would it be appropriate to add Wikianswers Anime in this footer? Since it's an anime-releated wiki... ~ Akadirgun (Local TalkMain Talk) 02:19, September 23, 2009 (UTC)

Don't think it's a problem, though I don't even know how many wikis use this footer.--Sxerks 20:32, September 28, 2009 (UTC)

footer redo

Considering how many anime/manga wikis there are now this footer is quite bulky as it is and it will only get worse as more are added, even the original footer looked pretty bad. Some other footers work well since there are a limited number of wikis that even belong to a specific topic.

The question is what is the intended purpose of the footer?

• 1 click jump to a wiki of interest? - it will be too large, and that's what bookmarks are for.
  • To cross promote specific wikis? - again, too large.
  • Promote the Animanga Hub, which then promotes wikis through spotlights on the main page? - probably
  • To help people find other anime/manga wiki? - yes

Here is a potential version:

70px-Wiki.png Anime / Manga Hub
April Spotlights:
54px-Wiki.pngToaru Majutsu no Index 54px-Wiki.pngOne Piece 54px-Wiki.pngPretty Cure
Anime Answers
Update Wikis
IRC    edit

All • Action • Adventure • Comedy • Drama • Fantasy • Horror • Mecha • Mystery • Romance • Sci-fi • Slice of Life • Sports • Supernatural • Memes • Funimation

It's not perfectly formatted but you get the idea. Last I checked templates from central seem to update within a day so the monthly spotlights might not be a problem. --Sxerks 16:16, April 13, 2010 (UTC)

1. nah, I was thinking of selective wikis too at some point, but decided against it. When the respective admins added their wiki to it, they expect to see THEIR wiki there, so if it is selective, no admin will be motivated to update this shared footer
  2. I find listing all the wikis a better and more direct way to get traffic to the smaller ones, rather than have them transit at the animanga 'interchange', I noticed more people coming to update this footer and using them on wikis I don't even know exist (e.g. Hajime no Ippo) immediately after I put in 'Add your wiki to this footer'
  3. I am not fond of spotlights, if they are already good enough to be spotlit, they don't really need the added exposure, it is those that suffer from low traffic that I really want to reach out to
  4. I am not a fan of Wikia Central's shared template design, TBH, LOL. But I like to maintain consistency so that users know at a glance that this is a footer, just like for gaming, TV shows etc
  5. I already know the problem when I started on letter A :), I will leave it to you to promote this guy then, I will just add the rest of your list into the existing one and not promote it to other wikis anymore :) ~~Gin-san (Talk) 17:13, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
updated it a little. The main bulkiness with the original was the height, with the slider you added, partially fixed that but the overall footer is still too high.
The only way to know the size of a wiki is to go to it or look at the List on the interchange, there is no indication of size in the footer.
Spotlights are important and will get more people involved in the hub and updating their wiki to get a spotlight. Spotlights aren't just for big wikis, they are for ones that need help too, all they need is some people working on them and an admin.
Linking to the entertainment hub and cartoon page is pointless. The entertainment logo is ugly, outdated, and not relevant to the Animanga hub. Also the "answers" link is pointing to the wrong location.
There should only be one footer, this isn't some kind of competition. Though it many need to be altered to fit a vertical alignment and replace the Template:ACGBox.
--Sxerks 22:09, April 14, 2010 (UTC)

Border color and width

I cant edit the template, so I just want someone who can do do a small fix for me. Please add two optional parameters to set a particular border width, and border color. Some thing like <code>{{Animangafooter|bcolor=#000|bwidth=1px}}</code>. If those variables are not provided, the template can default to the present colors. {{SUBST:User:Sithjedi/signature}} 05:46, October 7, 2011 (UTC)

Done, in theory. I'm not sure if parameters can be passed across wikis, however. ~ Michael von Preußen (voicemail)
parameters do not work interwiki.--Sxerks 13:48, October 7, 2011 (UTC)

Title order in the seasonal lists

I noticed that last version of the Spring 2011 was alphabetized, but the ones for summer, fall, and winter were not and the current spring list is not. Are there are any reasons why the order seems to have gone away from alphabetical to seemingly random? BrokenSphere (Talk) 19:25, May 5, 2012 (UTC)

The "all" subsection

So the Template:Animangafooter/all section now has over 300 entries. It's a bit much, and I'm thinking of splitting them into genres. The "all" will get replaced with links to the genres and a message to alter the footer to be more appropriate for each wiki. Each "genre" will get it's own sub page and a link to the "all" list. It would probably be best to only use 1 genre per wiki.

So, which genres? Action, Comedy, Drama, Mecha, Romance, Sports, Fan-Fiction, Science Fiction, Harem??????

--Sxerks 23:56, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
I'd recommend categorizing each into the primary genre which MyAnimeList has it listed under. That should give a manageable number of discreet, non-redundant entries. ~ Michael von Preußen (voicemail)
MyAnimeList gives more than one genre though
M+W Talk 02:12, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
Some of those Anime have more than one genre. Perhaps Micheal's idea would be more suitable. -White Flash-(Talk)- 02:47, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.