Roblox Interwiki Project
The Interwiki project was started by Ender01, an admin on the Lumber Tycoon 2 Wiki on September 19th, 2016. It was designed to bring numerous Roblox wiki communities together through one main template. It is currently being maintained by various users (includes official devs and non-devs), and administered by Ender01, 1011025m, and Thundermaker300.
This is the template documentation for the Roblox Wiki Template, a template which references various wikis related to the Roblox platform.
About the Interwiki project
Wiki qualifications are not yet final. For wikis to be able to qualify for inclusion in the template, they must meet AT LEAST one of the following criteria:
- 1,500 total edits
- 15 or more active users
- One admin or bureaucrat who has at least 500 edits and is very active
Wikis MUST have 50 or more non-stub pages.
All wikis MUST be user-friendly. This means that content can be readable by anyone and on any device. And after viewing the incident with TWEM's CSS failure in February 2018, wiki CSS and JS should be compatible with FANDOM's interface.
All wikis are subject to review from any of the interwiki leads. Although the above criteria is used by the interwiki leads, it is just a guideline. If an interwiki lead denies the wiki, it will not be added. Some things you can do that interwiki leads will check for includes...
- Clean out Special:Shortpages, make smaller pages larger or delete them. Redirects will not be shown on this list.
- Make sure all of your pages have lots of content, or some of this content displayed in an infobox.
The wiki has to cover a Roblox game that is not already in the template. If there are multiple wikis on the same game, the admins/bureaucrats of the two wikis should merge their wikis (please refer to Help:Merging communities).
The template is based on some concepts of Material Design, a design language created by Google in 2014, and has been heavily improved on continuously since. Material Design is a guide for app developers and website makers to create beautiful and easy to use apps. TheWikiaEditMachine uses Material Design colors when doing work on wikis.
Adding this template onto your wiki
As of March 22, 2019, we ask that you please send a message to Thunder#2020 on discord (or Thundermaker300 on Community Central, however the former is preferred) PRIOR to adding wikis to the interwiki. We ask this so that we can keep track of wikis and keep the discord server updated. Thanks for your cooperation.
(Note that you can only add this to a wiki's main page if you have sufficient permissions to edit it)
Using the current editor
- Go to the home page and click "EDIT" and go into the Source Editor by clicking the menu button right next to the "Cancel" button and then click "Source Editor" and paste the following code wherever you desire:
- Publish your changes.
Using the classic editor
- Access the classic editor by clicking the arrow next to the "edit" button and clicking "classic editor"
- Switch to the source editor by clicking the "source editor" tab next to the visual editor tab"
- Insert the follow code wherever you desire:
- Publish your changes.
Adding your wiki to the template
Here are the steps for adding your Roblox wiki to the list. Alternatively, you can ask someone else to add the link for you if you're unsure on how to do it.
- Go to the editor.
- We want to keep this template in alphabetical order. Find the appropriate alphabetical range for the link based off the Roblox game name (ex: Lumber Tycoon 2, L).
- Insert this into the template:
"WikiDomain"to the domain of the wiki (the part before
"RobloxGameName"to the name of the Roblox game the wiki is based on.
- Publish your changes.
RobloxWikis is one of the ONLY Interwiki templates on Fandom that enables its affiliated communities to customize the template through their CSS. Although it would be easier to provide customization parameters within the template itself; using CSS classes was found to be more efficient in template loading, template size, AND page size.
RobloxWikis has certain classes that allows communities to customize certain parts of the template:
.RobloxWikis-Head: This controls the top part of the template.
.RobloxWikis-HeadButton: The head buttons are the button-like links that link users to the template page, this info page, and the Interwiki Discord.
.RobloxWikis-Notice: This part of the template is not always active, as it is usually used for polls for communities' opinions on changes.
.RobloxWikis-TableAll: Customizes the table and background.
.RobloxWikis-OddRow: Customizes rows A-D and N-S.
.RobloxWikis-EvenRow: Customizes rows E-M and T-Z.