Dead or Alive WikiEdit
Hello, I'm Squallinoa_08 from the DOA wikia site. I know that I don't have 100 articles, but I was hoping that I can let the DOA site be listed for the wikia spotlight. I have the monocoskin as my default, I categorized all my articles, I have a welcome template, a logo, and a nice main page. I know I didn't follow the 100 articles criteria, but in order for me to do so, I need more users! There's only 2 sysops, me and this other user who is inactive at the moment. So could you help me? Let me know on my DOA talk page (the link to the right) Thank you! Squallinoa_08
- Hi -- I know it seems like a lot of work, but we really need the wiki to have 100 pages before we can spotlight it. You guys are doing a really nice job on DOA, and I'm sure you'll get there. Meanwhile, if you know of any fan forums or other sites for DOA, definitely go tell people there about your wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 02:36, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Bandipedia (Formerley know as Crash Bandicoot Wiki) Edit
Hi, Bandipedia is a wiki about the Crash Bandicoot game series. I started editing there on November 2 2007, at which it was abandoned and only had about 80 articles. I attached a link to the Wikipedia article to get more hits. After 3 weeks or so, I gave up on editing because no-one had came. I went back in May this year and I discovered the wiki had 160 articles, another user had been looking after it until May, when I discovered that another user had been looking after it from December-1 April, since he stopped editing the wiki had became infested with vanadals. In June, I adopted the wiki. Now, the Wiki has over 250 articles and has a healthy number of contributors. The wiki is becoming pretty large now, and is in a pretty good condition. YOWUZA TALK 2 ME! 17:52, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Yowuza. There are a couple of things that Bandipedia needs in order to meet the spotlight criteria:
- You have 79 uncategorized articles; they all need to be categorized.
- You also have occasional unwelcomed contributors in your recent changes; some of them are vandals, and that's ok, but some are not, and should be welcomed.
- Let me know when you find categories for all the pages and have welcomed everybody! -- Wendy (talk) 02:30, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Club Penguin Wiki Edit
Club Penguin Wiki is a community wiki about the well-known online virtual world Club Penguin. We are currently editing over 320 articles and counting. We currently only have a few main users, and would love it if we were in the wikia spotlight as that would attract more users, and more users means more articles! We have had an ongoing debate about how to get more users for weeks now, and someone said something about the wikia spotlight. Perfect! Please put us in the wikia spotlight! Club Penguin Wiki.
- Hi. According to your site notice, you've been having a bit of a crisis at Club Penguin recently; generally we'd like the wiki to be a stable harmonious place before we put it into the spotlight, so that new visitors want to stay. So please wait until things calm down a little to ask for a spot. At that point, we need one of your admins to make the request, or some evidence that it has been discussed with the admins. -- Wendy (talk) 02:23, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Dancing Penguin, we use spotlights to invite users to join growing wikis that show the best of what a wiki can be. I'm sorry, but your wiki has shown itself to be rather unfriendly to newcomers, with ongoing rounds of bickering and crisis, frequent bans and threats to leave from prominent members, strict and unusual laws, and the sense that all of the regular users are a clique of friends from the same school. Until you are willing to make some serious changes to improve the wiki's atmosphere, we must decline your request at this time. — Catherine (talk) 05:36, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
Tron Wiki Edit
I'd like to nominate Tron Wiki. We recently finished our 100th article and will continue to add more, especially when TR2N, the long-awaited sequel to the original movie will be released in the near future.
Thank you very much!
--Mr. Sinistar 23:48, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. Tron Wiki looks really nice -- congratulations on reaching 100 articles! I see two things that need to be worked on, per the Guidelines before I can put you on the spotlight list:
- 1) You have 40+ uncategorized articles (you can see them at Special:UncategorizedPages). Could you please find a spot for them.
- 2) You have a couple of unwelcomed anonymous users in your recent changes who should be welcomed if they weren't vandals.
- Let me know when you get them taken care of and we'll add you to the list! -- Wendy (talk) 03:25, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Wendy! Thanks for responding so quickly! I categorized the rest of the articles and welcomed all of the anonymous users. I hope you can add us to the list really soon! Once again, thanks a lot! --Mr. Sinistar 16:51, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
Hardy Boys Edit
I'd like to nominate The Hardy Boys Wiki for the Wikia Spotlight. We currently have over 380 articles (145 of which are in stubs in theArticle stubs category), and with the upcoming release of the first Hardy Boys video game, The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft we hope to have more articles soon. I think we meet most, if not all the criteria, but if not please tell me what we need to improve upon. By the way, this has been mentioned to the comunity at Forum:Spotlight.
- Hi -- the Hardy Boys Wiki looks good. I'll add you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 18:33, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
I'd like to use more then one logo, would that be all right?
This will be one of them:
The other one hasn't been decided yet, but it's being voted on here.
Also, I made a logo that will appear to users using Monobook.
Please consider spotlighting Literawiki. It has over 750 articles and several regular contributors who have been working hard to meet the spotlight criteria. The articles cover books from a variety of genres, authors, literary devices and contributor's reviews. -- CocoaZen 01:07, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi CocoaZen. Literawiki looks great -- I'll add you to the list! -- Wendy (talk) 18:20, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello. I know that the ABDC wikia site was created few days ago, I really everyone to know about it because there isn't alot of members. I even got the wikia spotlight image made. What can I do to to put my site into the wikia spotlight faster? Squallinoa 08
- Check out the criteria. When you can meet all of them you can ask for a spotlight. One big thing is that you need 100 content pages. -- Wendy (talk) 15:14, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
Weedee is a collaborative platform showcasing the people and companies that make up the social fabric of the world. We stretched the concept of a wiki to cover even more ground and be more useful for our users. We have around 18,000 entries made in the site. We are in beta mode, but would love to get feedback and some spotlight. 
- Hi. I'm sorry, but to get a spotlight the wiki has to be on wikia. -- Wendy (talk) 02:51, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- :( -- David 8 October 2008
A current spotlightEdit
- It doesn't sound appropriate. I don't know what its about but since it used that word, I'm not going on at all. -- JackSkellingtonfreak24 (PF24) ( Talk to me ) 03:27, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
- Is this not going to addressed? Is "make a porno" language that is considered appropriate on wikis that are supposed to be family-friendly? --LordTBT Talk! 03:33, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- I recall when the film came out, seeing advertisements on television which clearly said the title "Zack and Miri Make a Porno". This did not occur during late night television, this was advertised between the hours of 8:00-10:00. If it's appropriate to advertise to the general public during primetime viewing hours, why is it so damaging to the audience here? --ChristianShephard 06:26, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
This is Kingdonfin the site leader at Bionicle Reviews Wiki, I would like to request a Spotlight so that I can attract more Members. We have 61 Pages and we are building, we would appreciate the spotlight, thank you for your time.
Kingdonfin You seem familiar, have I Threatened you before?
Club Penguin Fanon (former) Edit
I would like to nominate this wiki. I am the webmaster of the wiki. It wa s founded by Mariothemovie but was abpnded. He came back and made me webmaster. He is currently in his idle period. We received a fair amount of users and now have over 230 pages. We also have a fair enough of sysops. We get most of our users from the Club Penguin wiki.
Please consider us. -- Happyface 19:42, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
- As with my response to the Club Penguin request, I would like to see a more calm and stable environment on this wiki before we consider spotlighting it. Your block log is a whirlwind of nonsensical blocks and unblocks based on hurt feelings and friendships that seem to shift daily. This is not a professional way to run a wiki, and we would like to see all of the CP/CPF community work on being a little more mature, and try solving issues between you with civil warnings and polite discussions, rather than threats and blocks. Please work on this for at least a month before you apply again for a Spotlight. — Catherine (talk) 05:49, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
Please give us a second chance. Stupid blocks and deletions are now history. Also, we:
- Always welcome users;
- Have a logo and a picture in the main page;
- Have almost 400 articles;
- Have a good category structure. All pages are categorized.
- To be honest, I'm not seeing the improvement you describe. There was a 13-year block today for "calling fanon disrespectful", with no attempt whatsoever to talk politely to the user and ask him to change his behavior, or change his mind. All of the CPF (and CP) admins need to learn to be calmer, to assume good faith and spread WikiLove, and to use blocking only as a last resort and then only as a way to prevent damage to the wiki, not to punish users who disagree with you. Wikis simply don't work over time if you cannot build a good-natured community of users, who can trust each other not to over-react, either to each other or to "outsiders" who are your next generation of potential editors. Please make a serious effort to involve all regular editors in improving the wiki's atmosphere, and we can reconsider again in another month. — Catherine (talk) 04:24, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
It is also the reason why I quit on Club Penguin Wiki even though it is fun editing there.