FANDOM

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • Hi, thanks for taking the time to write out your concerns on my page. Firstly, I would like to say that I think both you and Sheldon Cooper PhD are right in a certain way. I think that you do have a point regarding redundant factoids presented in certain pages in the Wikia, like the Large Hadron Collider page, so yes, I would agree that some of the things there are not related to the show. However, Sheldon Cooper PhD is an aerospace engineer (according to his page), and he is using his expertise in his field to educate us on a lot of scientific matters, and regardless of how much those can be redundant, he has done a lot for this Wikia, and he's still the only few active contributors left onboard, and I don't want to see, in a worst case scenario that he stops contributing. (By the way, I do agree that this isn't Wikipedia and all those information should probably stay there).

Secondly, I'm looking at this as an outsider, and I think that in a way, your approach on the matter is probably the reason why you're having a hard time with him. You have contributed plentiful already, and some of your suggestions are good and helpful. However, he has been here longer and contributed a lot more, I'm just saying that, it's kind of like living in a house, only to have an outsider come in and act like the owner. Bad metaphor, but my point is what you're doing only agitates him and hurts his ego. I understand his predicament because even though I haven't been onboard that long, I understand what it feels like when someone new just come along and starts to make drastic changes, eliminating things that I've put up with so much effort. Again, this isn't against you personally, I'm just trying to make you see what you're doing to Sheldon Cooper PhD. Obviously none of us owns the Wikia thus it's up to everyone to make the necessary changes, but you can't help yourself from feeling that way.

So, to settle this problem, let's take the democratic approach, so, I'm seconding your suggestion on his page that we should conduct a poll/survey, etc., and get the feedback from all the visitors of this Wikia on the best layout and information presentation that they would like to see. By the way, if you don't already know, I found out that he has requested for the Bureuacrat Request, so there's that. I personally do not want to get in the middle of a conflict between two users, and after giving you my opinion on the matter, I want you to know that I'm not for or against anyone. I don't know what the other two users Chanique and Zeypher have said about this and whatever the case may be, my best interest is of course the Wikia and if whatever changes made can be more helpful to visitors, then I'm all for that.

Regards - Ms Chelsea

Loading editor
    • "Ego" doesn't have anything to do with an information guide. We all try to work, to make a wiki what it is and I realize that, I've been part of more than one since I created an account and have seen people better than me. If someone has a better idea than yours, least you can do is see if it is worth using or discuss with others. If not, then you decline and move on. You don't just ignore it entirely.

Secondly, I know no one owns a wikia and I'm definitely not trying to act like I own the TBBT wiki. If that's the sort of feeling you guys have about my work, then I might as well stop editing. Users always disagreeing with each other never ends too well. Trust me, I know and have seen this happen before.

As for his bureaucrat request, I know about that. I was the one who pointed out how he can become a Crat..

Loading editor
    • I hope it's not going to keep you away from TBBT wikia because I'm sure you know, how much the page needs a lot of good contributors, and a consistent one at that. (Such as yourself, of course). Like I said, I don't want to take sides, and FYI, I've never had any personal interaction with SheldonCooperPhD before, and I don't think I'll start any time soon. My time on the Wikia has only been about editing pages and that's it. Once I've encountered people who undid my changes, simply because they didn't suit his/her style and you know what I did? I just ignored that person and that page, because I was not up for the whole tit for tat exchanges and I felt that there are many more areas in the wiki that can use my help. So, maybe, if SheldonCooperPhD is sensitive to the Large Hadron Collider page, leave the page alone, because your help can be used on plenty other pages. I just found out that I've been promoted to admin, and the first thing I did and am doing now is to delete all inappropiate/spam comments on many of the pages. FYI again, and I haven't actually brought up this issue to any of the other admins, I don't think I'll be able to contribute to the Wikia as consistent now in the near future. I'll be continuing my studies which involves moving to a place where I heard that the Internet connection is very poor. If I do stop contributing to the wiki, I'm afraid there'll be very few people to keep the wiki up and running which is why, I'm hoping you can put whatever's going on behind you. So, I really hope you can consider things again, and hopefully I'll see you there soon.

-Ms Chelsea-

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I'm sorry if this isn't the way to get ahold of you but I wanted to keep this private. (please tell me if there is another way) I'd like to report a user on Prototypes Wikia. He's always rude and seems to attack everyone for there opinions if they don't agree with him.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
See archived talk page
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.