Welcome to Community Central!
We are a friendly community here, most of us active on an individual Wikia or more than one. Use the Community Portal to ask for help.
If you have ideas for a new Wikia, please add a paragraph under an appropriate heading on proposed wikis.
Hey, no worries on the pagetitle.. Just trying to get Halopedia to show up higher in Google Search results.. having keywords that people search for such as Halo 3 or Campaign is very important :) angies (talk) 20:42, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
Removing from Wanted pages... then Deleting of links...then deleting. Quickest way i can remove them from wanted pages.Forerunner 17:10, 19 October 2007 (UTC)
Hey how to get hired as Admin for all Wikias including the CNC and Starcraft Wikias? -- Assaulthead 00:57, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
Thank you for the warm welcome
If you like gaming then the proposal im going to make soon may interest you, so keep a lookout on the Proposed Wikis page. —This unsigned comment is by Anarchyuk (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
I replied about the issue with my preferences. The Red Links still aren't working right, and I already disabled them and refreshed the page twice. Saori 22:35, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you, but that did not work. The red links still look like question marks, and I am getting sick of them. Is there anyone I should mention this to? Saori 23:05, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
I have a logo Edit
I have a logo for the Artemis Fowl Wiki, but I don't know how I would put it on there. Any help? - Captain James Hook.
I'm not sure if I can get the logo on there, but thanks anyways. I don't have the sysop rights. What did you mean about the tildes? I can't find that option on my screen? — Captain James Hook
Thanks for your help. Captain James Hook 00:03, 1 November 2007 (UTC)Captain James Hook
Thanks for welcoming me! And, I assume you are the same Manticore from Halopedia. Emosworld 05:02, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ok. Emosworld 07:40, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
RE: Interwiki TemplateEdit
Help, please Edit
I'm not allowed to have a wikia anymore. How do you delete your account?--Captain James Hook 00:15, 11 November 2007 (UTC)Captain James Hook
Featured gaming Wikia Edit
You might want to move the
Lets be freinds Edit
Manticore i swear to god on my life i am sorry for trolling and being a big douche bag can you ever forgive me let's drop it and be friends i accept yes or no as long as you and me aren't enemies thanks for the time!! Just send me the message on halopedia or whatever you choose03:53, 18 November 2007 (UTC)Jonathan117
KamaMaster double post Edit
Erm I am kinda new to this, so when I posted, I double clicked, so there is a version without a proper smile when referencing which I wish to delete permenently, but don't know how, so could you help me delete it? —This unsigned comment is by 220.127.116.11 (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Hello. I assume you're talking about this page. When you save a wiki page, it overwrites the older version with whatever you've put in the text input field. It doesn't create a new page. So don't worry, you haven't created a duplicate. -- Manticore Talk | Contributions 08:56, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Lord Cutler Beckett Edit
Greetings, Manticore. I will try to make this as short as possible though that may be difficult, I want to file a formal complaint of corruption against Lord Cutler Beckett of the Pirates of the Caribbean Wiki. I know you will take this seriously as you have witnessed first hand what he is like, the ownership and rudeness you experienced from him is only the tip of the ice berg I will list his crimes (that I am aware of) below.
- Has a sense of complete owner ship of the Wiki, refering to it has his. "...and I think I know more about my wiki than you d[o]" in #wikia
- Is extremely rude to people who disagree with him. "I help these people, and you're just trying to start trouble."
- Blocks anons after first offence with no warning. w:c:pirates:Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168 and http://pirates.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:Log&type=block&page=User:22.214.171.124
- Deletes talk pages where bad things are said about him. http://pirates.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Lord_Cutler_Beckett&action=history
- Removes peoples comments if he thinks they reflect badly on him (you have seen this yourself). http://pirates.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Lord_Cutler_Beckett&action=history
- Reverts any changes to his edits without even looking at them. http://pirates.wikia.com/index.php?title=Cutler_Beckett&diff=prev&oldid=22592
- Automatically reverts anything done by an anon, again without checking. http://pirates.wikia.com/index.php?title=Sword&diff=prev&oldid=22458
- Tampered with the Admin selection policy just so he could become one. tampered, but it didn't help his RfA
- Wasnt even voted for. http://pirates.wikia.com/index.php?title=PotC_Wiki:Requests_for_adminship&diff=next&oldid=19181
- Lied to you, and said he was the only person qualified to be an admin, this is not true there are two users who fuffil all the requirments and are doubly qualified than him. "But I'm the most qualified contributor here to be an administrator"
- Lied to you again and said that no else wants to be an Admin. "and no one else would be one"
- Refers to people who havent edited before as outsiders and frequently tells them they are not welcome. "Everything is peaceful and runs smoothly, but when outsiders start interfering, everything goes to peices, and they usually turn into vandals."
- A short while ago a vote was in place to change the name of the wiki, one option was very popular but he didnt like it, the first thing he did after becoming an Admin was lock the page and declair the name change wasnt happening anymore. actually he just rigged the voting: http://pirates.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:New_Wiki_Name&diff=19200&oldid=19199
- I also beleve he thretend to ban you for discusing the removal of his adminship. "Now please, if you start the Database discussion on my talk page again, I will block you for one week."
I certanely hope this has brought some light to the matter. The only term for Lord Cutler Becketts Adminship so far is a communist dictatorship. I myself was banned simply for standing up for myself. I will be returning to PotC Wiki shortly to bring this complaint the community's eyes, to start a pettion on the forum to see if anyone else feels the same, and to put fourth a new candidate. I can only pray that the presence of an investigation will spur others to stand up for themselves and maybe then we can topple this bully end his reighn of fear and install a fair and democratic Administator. - Drexyl 11:35, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Bravo to you Drexyl for finaly standing up to that control freak. I had a run in with him not long ago, we had a disagreement about the color of something he said it was blue I said it was black, I uploaded an image proving that i was right and he destroyed the evedince by deleting the image and threatening to ban me if i re-uploaded it.Thomas Faye 00:28, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- Apparently Drexyl's been banned -shrug-. I'm all for a petition for L.C.B.'s removal. He's got that Wikia under a naziistic reign of terror. Dëthkløk 22:37, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
C&C deletion request Edit
Done and done, although your directness was a bit strange, in a good way :) Shaur M. S. Grizlin 11:57, 23 November 2007 (UTC)
Re:Redirect edit Edit
I thought if I got rid of the Redirect Page that it would go direct to the User Page but I found that it did'nt so I corrected my mistake. Please don't block me from Campaigns Wikia. User:Kathleen.wright5 12:13, 23 November (UTC)
- I'm not an admin on Campaigns, I just noticed your blanking on the IRC RC feed. Are you using a script to blank all inter-wiki redirect pages? It seems this is not the only page you've blanked. -- Manticore Talk | Contributions 12:23, 23 November 2007 (UTC)
I don't have a script. I have been creating categories on Campaigns Wikia and Christianity Wikia and on Wikia Central (But I did'nt know what I was doing there) so I don't go near there anymore. The other Redirects on Wikia Campaigns led to pages that had not been saved and I thought the User Page was the same thing. User:Kathleen.wright5 12:33, 23 November (UTC)
Delete request (StarCraft wiki) Edit
On it. (They're deleted, and the troll was blocked. Again.) PsiSeveredHead 12:23, 23 November 2007 (UTC)
- I saw, thanks. The IP has been regexblocked (which will prevent them from editing any Wikia wikis), but this will expire before yours does. -- Manticore Talk | Contributions 12:26, 23 November 2007 (UTC)
Grats on successful RfA! --User? 19:05, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks Charitwo, for your support and the message! I'm actually digging around now trying to create something that adequately shows my appreciation of everyone who voted in support... any suggestions? :P -- Manticore Talk | Contributions 19:10, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- Custom barnstar? --User? 19:18, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you Jack! I hope you both approve of the template. -- Manticore Talk | Contributions 19:54, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
Thing is, the vandalism is coming from my IP address. But I have a wireless router and wireless network connection, allowing my laptop, my sis's laptop and my brothers laptop and my parents desktop all to connect to the same internet, thus giving us the same IP.
My brother vandalizes, they label it as being me, it's ruined my ingame rep. 126.96.36.199 10:38, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- I really have no idea how the game works, I've never played it (and please don't explain it to me here). Is it possible for you to change username or create a new account? If so, you might like to do that. -- Manticore Talk | Contributions 10:41, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Not so much. Creating a new account is an option, but I have all the rare holiday items on my good account named Total Rune, he's also level 79. That would take me ages to do over on a new account, plus I'd lose all the rare items. You see, RuneScape isn't as disappear and come-back-under-a-new-alias as Wikipedia or a message board. Try doing what you suggested on World of Warcraft and come speak to me again. I've gotten so far on Total Rune and I'm not dropping everything and starting over because of some....for a lack of nicer words....idiots on the RS wiki continue to label everything bad my brother has done as being done by me. They don't think I have a brother, but I'm not opening myself up and telling them my entire life story. Your idea doesn't seem so smart after what I've just explained to you, does it? 188.8.131.52 18:44, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
I don't know what you expect me to do about any of this. You've dug your own hole by using proxies and the like to go back and troll on the wiki. -- Manticore Talk | Contributions 18:51, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
Yeah friend I need your help. But quickly before my wiki ends at the junkpile. George Skywalker 14:31, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
Assassin's Creed Vandal Edit
Thanks for your help on the vandal we had recently! Cymbalta 19:26, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
Validated email address - pls send deleted page Edit
Hi - I've validated my email address. I'd appreciate it if you could send me the deleted page. Thanks so much for your help. —This unsigned comment is by Cllesser (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
F.E.A.R. No VandalEdit
Don't change my work on fear.wiki the pages need to be updated (they haven't been in about 6 months) I'm no Vandal.--Seven279 06:28, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry for the revert, but such a large removal (~15,000 characters) without an edit summary explaining it is usually vandalism. If you're doing a major overhaul, that's great, and I applaud your efforts, but make sure to use edit summaries to communicate your intentions. -- Manticore (talk) 06:34, 5 December 2007 (UTC)