FANDOM

Lder1995

aka Lucas DeRuyter

Content Team Member Helper
  • I live in Chicago
  • I was born on June 24
  • My occupation is Freelance Writer
  • I am male
  • Bio University of Wisconsin Madison graduate with a deep interest in media, writing, and storytelling.
  • [Show More]
A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • Hi, they denied my request down two times for anime adoption. I spent editing for two weeks. I already ask Founder of Gingitsune wiki, he haven't answer back, he's been inactive for long times & it don't have adimins on Gingitsune Wiki. I'm still interested in adopt that wiki. I've not done anything wrong to Gingitsune wiki. Please tell me what should I do before I make another adoption request of Gingitsune.

Loading editor
    • Three users already replies my blog about adopt Gingitsune Wiki.

Loading editor
    • Dear Kitsunes97, 

Your adoption request for the Gingitsune wiki was denied because staff saw that you've previously adopted wikis, made a handful of changes on them, and then became inactive on those communities. Fandom staff specifically look to see if a user will lead a wiki for an extended period of time when they evaluate an adoption request, and your history made staff think that you would not continue to guide this wiki after you finished making your proposed changes. 

Essentially, we expect users to lead the wikis they adopt until other users are willing to take over. Abandoning wikis severely decreases a user's likelihood of successfully adopting a wiki. 

The decision made by Fandom staff in this instance stands and you will not gain elevated permissions on the Gingitsune wiki in the near future. However, if you begin engaging with and leading the wikis you've already adopted, staff will likely look upon your next adoption request more favorably. You need to prove that you're truly invested in the communities that you adopt and interested in their longterm growth. 

I hope you have a nice day. 

Sincerely, 

Lucas

Loading editor
    • I'm still interested to adopt Gingitsune Wiki.

Loading editor
    • I am still active in one of my anime wiki that I adopt before.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • so i was banned for the jojo wiki for multiple account usage(i only used it to tell people i got banned), for harassment(im not sure how i did that) and for problematic behavior(yeah i did do that),but thats aside the point i got banned for a year and now that vish doesnt have the admin status,uh.....how am i going to get unbanned if vish doesn't have the privlege to unban me?

Loading editor
  • Good day. I placed the second adoption request for the Isshuukan Friends wiki a week ago from today, and am wondering when the request will probably be put into consideration. So far only one person has responded to my blog post and it's been a week, so I don't think anyone else will be commenting on it as there are no other editors on the wiki. Thank you very much.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I have made an edit for 7 days in a row and I have made another adoption (Link )

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hey, Lucas so I don't know if you have seen it or not but I have made a response on my adaption. I don't know if I'm allowed to do that but hey it is what it is. So I have done basically all the things you said to like making a blog and I was just wondering what do I do now.

Sincerely Benjamin

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Can you accept my adoption request because it was spammed?

Adoption:Kakegurui Wiki

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Can you fulfill my adoption request?

Loading editor
    • Thank you for taking your time to fulfill my adoption request! 

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I am ready to adopt anime wiki.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hello Mr Lucas, I believe you went over my request to adopt a certain wiki the other day and I'd like to inquire a few things,

1, are we allowed to reapply to adopt the same wiki in the event the currently active admins have not edited anything at all over the past 60 days?

2, In the event the currently active admin does not communicate with active members at all,

Be it on their personal message walls on the wiki or external sources like Discord, and have actively only contributed to logging the wiki's daily WAM score just to keep their 'edited at least 1 thing over the last 60 days' treshold,

What can we do? If the admin themselves ignore requests to grant editor permissions?

Loading editor
    • Dear Max734734, 

As a general rule, we don't allow someone to adopt a wiki if a current admin has made an edit in the past 60 days and is not violating ToS. For more on Fandom's reasoning behind this stance, please examine the posts linked to in this blog

However, if the current Admin does go 60 days without editing and you file an adoption request while meeting the necessary requirements, you will receive the requested permissions. 

It's encouraged, though, that you make every effort to communicate with the existing leadership and the rest of the community about wanting to move into a leadership position. While it would be ideal for you to recieve your requested permissions from the current Admin, it will be possible for you to recieve those permissions through an adoption request once the circumstances are met. 

I hope this answers your questions and please feel free to contact me again if you have any others. Thank you and have a great day. 

Sincerely, 

Lucas  

Loading editor
    • Very well.

Thank you for your response. 🙏

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hello Lucas, 

I'm the one to requested to adopt a wiki. The problem with this wiki is that because there are no admins nobody can edit the wiki. 

Can you advise how we can edit a wiki without an admin?

Thank you,

Jeanette (irishjenny)

Loading editor
    • Hello Jeanette, 

I don't see an adoption request in your Community Connect contributions catalog. What community are you interested in adopting? 

Sincerely, 

Lucas 

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.